No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After seeing all our artwork combined I think 'alcoholics' is a good explanation.

Nice job Jumble

EDIT: And nice job WooHoos of course!
    Last edited by DutchIndeed; 01 January 2014, 12:42 PM.
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Thanks........ I think

Comment

Meant that in a good way.
        It made me giggle, some of you are just plain weird.
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Some of us?

Just you remember who it was that started this crazy thread, and who picked a drug-crazed little chick to be our mascot, and who is usually the instigator of all the ickybah that occurs here....... and you think some of us are weird??

Comment

I don't remember any of that.

sigpic

Comment

Selective memory *nods*

Check the first page - it's all there in black and white, and lots of psychadelic colours

Comment

GW's Shippy Hippies (long story) decided to start this thread, so we could a) stop spamming other threads with Off Topic Martin Wood Posts and b) Find people who, like us, share the obsession ...appreciation.

So... here's the place to show your everlasting love for The Martin!
                It's the Shippy Hippies' fault

sigpic

Comment

.... of whom you are also the original instigator..........

Comment

I don't remember that.

sigpic

Comment

Very selective memory

I suppose I should go to bed - Baby Adam's funeral tomorrow What a way to start the new year.

Comment

*sends hugs for tomorrow*

sigpic

Comment

Hey all - just in for a moment to wish you all a wonderful and Happy New Year! Love the art work and the download (all 8+ minutes of it)! And thank goodness someone had the idea to start this area.... it was how I got to first know many of your!
                          sigpic

Comment

Feels weird not to have a daily piece of artwork to post........... oh wait! I have one....

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                              *sends hugs for tomorrow*
                              Thank you

Skip if you don't want to know the details of the funeral.....

Spoiler:
                              As funerals go, it was pretty near perfect. It was a beautiful sunny day. Chairs at the crematorium were arranged to make an intimate half-circle rather than the normal rigid arrangement. The funeral directors gave the girls a beautiful long-stemmed red rose each to lay on the tiny coffin, and a white one for Becky. There was no 'sermon', the lady Minister read two lovely poems and then added a few heartfelt words of her own, and the girls each read out a message that they had written down earlier. The curtains were then closed to allow Becky and the girls a few private moments with Adam. We then all went outside and the girls each released a balloon into the clear blue sky. The wind got up just as they let go and gusted the balloons up high and out of sight, then it dropped again.

So yes, a funeral for a baby is a horrible thing to contemplate, but the funeral directors did a wonderful job of making it feel right, and they refused to take any payment for everything they did, as did the crematorium and the Minister.

We then went back to Becky's for coffee/tea and a piece of wickedly chocolate cake.

I'm glad it's over, and that it was nowhere near as awful as I had expected.

Comment

*hugs Jumble* So glad it all went well. Sounds like the best it could possibly have been, and very glad you had a lovely sunny day. You were at Aldershot crem, right? We had a beautiful sunny day for my uncle's funeral there and with the big windows in the chapel it was so warm and bright inside, which really helped.
                                sigpic
                                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Working...
                                X