No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American cohorts!

Happy Thursday to all the rest!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      *giggles at The Librarian getting the wrong 'oscopy*

That one ^^ is an abdominal investigation Which I've had, twice, as well as a gastroscopy which checks out the stomach and digestive system.

Dear me, waaaay to much serious discussion - quick, someone do a silly dance or say something funny! *looks around for Nad*

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
      Really? See I always thought that the "lap" part of laparoscopy referred somehow to the keyholey surgery bit. I originally wrote sugary. So really the lap bit means, well, the lap area. Kind of. The abdomen area; and the oscopy bit is meaning investigation?
      I'm having an odd flashback to and 80s BT commercial: "You've got and ology. You're a scientist".
      See! I don't know everything! I thought the same as Cags
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
        See! I don't know everything! I thought the same as Cags
        I'm sooo disillusioned

Comment

Aw Jumble, I'm sorry. I'll try and live up to your high expectations of me from now on
          sigpic

Comment

I think I can forgive you for not having swallowed a medical dictionary

Comment

I think I can forgive you for not having swallowed a medical dictionary
              I worked in a medical library for a few months once. I was so confused!
              sigpic

Comment

You see; educational woohooism at is very best.

I must admit my medical knowledge has increased 100% now. I now know what 'oscopy is as well a 'itis.

Actually that's not quite true, I do know more than that. For starters I have a really in-depth knowledge of the reproductive organs.

On a completely other subject. Isn't this just a little bit awesome: http://www.wannalol.com/p/119116 Wonder if Benjabubs is too old to start messing with his head like this?

EDIT: That was actually supposed to say "reproductive system" not organs but... y'know I'm gonna leave it and see what Nad makes of it.
                sigpic

Comment

I must admit my medical knowledge has increased 100% now. I now know what 'oscopy is as well a 'itis.
                  I can increase it further by mentioning that 'otomy' is where they open you up in order to investigate the relevant area - laparotomy = cutting open the abdomen rather than just poking a microscope through a tiny keyhole

Actually that's not quite true, I do know more than that. For starters I have a really in-depth knowledge of the reproductive organs.
                  Why does that not surprise me?

I, on the other hand, know nothing about that sort of thing - I'm still wondering where my kids came from!

On a completely other subject. Isn't this just a little bit awesome: http://www.wannalol.com/p/119116 Wonder if Benjabubs is too old to start messing with his head like this?
                  That's just awesome - but going on my own experience with my son and the Santa lie, I kinda have to agree with the first poster, in theory at least

EDIT: That was actually supposed to say "reproductive system" not organs but... y'know I'm gonna leave it and see what Nad makes of it.
                  Yeah, riiiiiight!

Comment

*writes a 69th post and then comes back lurking*
                    sigpic
                    My vids Sig made by me

Comment

I, on the other hand, know nothing about that sort of thing - I'm still wondering where my kids came from!

That's very simple, Jumble: there's a stork and then there's birds and bees. Not sure what is the correct order, though.
                      sigpic
                      Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                      Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

This right here is what.
                        This is how I see you guys. *nods*

I do love the dino thing.
                        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Hehe...Cags said reproductive organs

Ok Guys I need a little help with something.

Spoiler:

For her Birthday I've got Ellie tickets to see Katy Perry in concert next May. The only problem is I'm not sure that they will send the tickets out early enough for me to give them to her on her Birthday (New Years Day).

So..... what I need is some inventive way of telling her that she is going to the concert.

A Friend of mine suggested getting the tour poster made into a jigsaw that she has to solve, with the date she is going highlighted. Was also toying with the idea of a poster, the new album and a calender with the date circled.

Anyone have any other ideas???

Oh, and shhhhh it's a surprise!
                          sigpic
                          Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                            Hehe...Cags said reproductive organs

Ok Guys I need a little help with something.

Spoiler:

For her Birthday I've got Ellie tickets to see Katy Perry in concert next May. The only problem is I'm not sure that they will send the tickets out early enough for me to give them to her on her Birthday (New Years Day).

So..... what I need is some inventive way of telling her that she is going to the concert.

A Friend of mine suggested getting the tour poster made into a jigsaw that she has to solve, with the date she is going highlighted. Was also toying with the idea of a poster, the new album and a calender with the date circled.

Anyone have any other ideas???

Oh, and shhhhh it's a surprise!
                            Oh nice!

Spoiler:
                            Well, I like both ideas: The jigsaw puzzle one does at let make her work for it. The only other thing you could do to make it more obvious is to print the confirmation receipt and laminate it or something and pop that in an envelope or something. That's what i did for my dad when I bought him Grand Prix tickets.
                            sigpic

Comment

how about doing a facsimilie ticket?
                              sigpic

Comment

Important message about advents!

Jumble's not able to post at the moment and probably won't be able to do the first few days of advent. I'm going to step in and do the posting for her for the time being, so please PM your advents to me rather than Jumble until further notice, particularly if you have one for early in the month.

Thanks!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X