No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the meantime, more cheery-uppy-Martinspam........

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      60 Spencers?

Well, I know I wanted a definitive diagnosis, but now I've got it I think I'd rather not have it thankyouverymuch Long story short, I'm in for two, possibly three, hospital stays - one for a highlighting injection + scan to confirm the diagnosis and also inject steroids directly into the problem area, and the second for keyhole surgery. If that doesn't work (which it might not because I'm over 50), then it'll be hip replacement surgery

Not a happy bunny
      Big huggles. I'm tempted to say at least you know what's going on and that's a bright side but, meh, the bright side will be when your hip is better. Will you have to wait long for the appointments to come through?

I have to say though, the picspam really did make me smile at least so I hope it went some way to making you feel a bit more cheerful.

Big huggles for MR and Ellie. I guess your week has been horrid and gunky too.

I got a parking ticket today, for not parking wholly within the marked bay (it was a roadside permit/ticket thing and my car stuck out the back and encroached on the next bay). Bay length = 3.9 metres, my car length = 5.1 metres. Yeah, you do the maths. (As an aside, did you know that a mini is 3.5metres long? Well I do now!)
      I did invite the attendant to try and fit it in the bay himself (that was after I called him an officious jobsworthy idiot) but he declined my invitation to defy the laws of physics. The frustrating thing is, the car in front of mine was overhanging its bay and into mine by about a foot (part the reason I was so far out) and he wasn't ticketed - perhaps because he had a resident permit and mustn't upset the posh taxpayers around that area eh. Moi? Cynic? Nah.
      Anyway, annoyed much but only because I've now got the hassle of appealing. I have about 3 grounds the tickets is not valid so no worries I'll win the appeal but it's hassle I could do without. *grump grump grump* Minor moans all things considered.
      sigpic

Comment

Which brings me neatly to this............

..... which calls for TOOLSPAM!!!

Last edited by Jumble; 27 November 2013, 10:29 AM.

Comment

He always makes me smile Cags

And you're right, it is better to know what's going on and what can be done about it - I was just a bit shocked that we were going straight to surgery, having expected to get the 'it's not this, that or the other' that I've heard from every other doctor I've seen in the last 9 months No idea how long it will be before I get the first two appointments - not going to worry about it

Good luck with the appeal - hope you took photos of the space and the other car encroaching on it? Pictures are always good evidence

Comment

I took video. Because I'm thorough like that. Unfortunately for the parking attendant the video included me asking him why he hadn't ticketed the car in front and asking him (casually) "what do you know the owner or something" and him replying (facetiously I assume but you never know) "Yes he's my cousin". That'll be on youtube by the end of the week then, probably titled "Corrupt Richmond Council Parking Officials" or something.
            But yes I got lots and lots of photos; and measurements (I always carry a tape measure around with me... yes I know... ) and my pics are way better than the crap ones they've got uploaded on their website too. But it did get me thinking about parking bay sizes. I know I have a particularly large car so always end up struggling a bit but if you consider an allowance to get your car in and out - say about the width of a person's legs so 18 - 24 inches - front and back, then a space only 3.9 metres long is just not long enough for most cars. I mean a Ford Focus is over 4 metres long. Making spaces too small to fit an average sized car and then issuing tickets when the park over the lines is just a big fat massive scam, IMO. There's laws about how wide a bay must be but none about length and there ought to be! Er, don't be surprised if you see me wandering around measuring parking bays and muttering to myself like some mad thing now.

On the bright side (again) for you, I suppose it's better that they're not going to pussyfoot around deciding what's wrong or trying effective stuff on you for much longer; if this is the treatment you need then it's better that it's scheduled now than faffing with possible fixes for another year before realising that they need to go this route.

Congrats on your 33000 posts... you natterbox!
            sigpic

Comment

*hugs Jumble* What Cags said, really. It sucks that you have to go through that (and here's hoping the laparoscopy works and you don't have to go for the full hip replacement) but at least there's something on the cards that will eventually do something for you to get rid of the pain you're suffering.

Nice cheery-uppy Martinspam too

Cags, how infuriating! Massive scam as you say, but so annoying to have to go through all that hassle
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*giggles at The Librarian getting the wrong 'oscopy*

That one ^^ is an abdominal investigation Which I've had, twice, as well as a gastroscopy which checks out the stomach and digestive system.

Dear me, waaaay to much serious discussion - quick, someone do a silly dance or say something funny! *looks around for Nad*

Comment

So "Jumble" - do you have any idea how far the surgery might be? Any clues what so ever?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                    *giggles at The Librarian getting the wrong 'oscopy*

That one ^^ is an abdominal investigation Which I've had, twice, as well as a gastroscopy which checks out the stomach and digestive system.

Really? See I always thought that the "lap" part of laparoscopy referred somehow to the keyholey surgery bit. I originally wrote sugary. So really the lap bit means, well, the lap area. Kind of. The abdomen area; and the oscopy bit is meaning investigation?
                    I'm having an odd flashback to and 80s BT commercial: "You've got and ology. You're a scientist".
                    sigpic

Comment

Oh goodness, and here's the video. How dated! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEfKEzX9QLE
                      sigpic

Comment

Cags, I thought of that too

'oscopy' refers the use of the microscope that is inserted through the keyhole
                        Last edited by Jumble; 28 November 2013, 08:37 AM.

Comment

'keyhole surgery' sounds so wrong.
                          *blinks*

*hugs WooHoos*
                          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

You live and learn eh! Who said the Woohoos ain't educayshonal.
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't believe anyone has ever dared say that

Comment

oh, there's nothing that WooHoos woodnt' dare
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X