No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cags, that happens to me constantly And no, I have no idea which word you mean, sorry.

My laptop has gone kaput! I'm sure this has happened before right before a WooHoo celebration, and all the artwork I did yesterday is now unaccessible *cries* Why oh why did I not upload it all to PB?

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      Cags, that happens to me constantly And no, I have no idea which word you mean, sorry.

My laptop has gone kaput! I'm sure this has happened before right before a WooHoo celebration, and all the artwork I did yesterday is now unaccessible *cries* Why oh why did I not upload it all to PB?
      mental aberration? I tend to upload things to PB or dA almost immediately. At lease then it's saved somewhere off-site. Of course, I mentally kick myself when I don't do it and the computer goes haywire.
      sigpic

Comment

Aw Jumble. What's happened to it? Is it fixable? Or maybe if there'as power it's possibble to transfer the data off the hard drive somehow?

My laptop is still being repaired (apparently). The preils of having brothers to repair it. My living room is full of Ewan's computers which I am trying to put together for him into one working machine (as opposed to the several bits of broken ones they currently are.)
        sigpic

Comment

*huge sigh of relief*

I turned it off (after trying for over an hour to get it to open - on/off on/off on/off), got the spare laptop out to check my emails, and as soon as I'd got it open I heard a 'ping' from the other laptop - it had started up all by itself and is now working perfectly! Gremlins?

*dashes off to upload everything to PB*

Comment

Spoke too soon - it's gone again Before I got to upload anything It starts up, screen goes blank. If I shut the lid and then open it slowly it does flash up the desktop, but only for a second then it's gone again I guess I'd better take it in to see Julian and see if he can fix it.

Comment

sounds like you've got that iffy connection between the body and the screen again
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                sounds like you've got that iffy connection between the body and the screen again
                Yes - I left Julian taking it to bits to check all the connections. He's up to his eyes in repairs, but I smiled sweetly at him and he got right on it Hopefully I'll get it back fairly soon *crosses fingers*

Meanwhile, I'm struggling with this smaller keyboard

Comment

Update: Bad news - Julian has pinpointed the problem but cannot get hold of the part needed, which is the inverter that carries power to the screen's backlight (Toshiba don't let you buy the parts ) so I'm going to have get it fixed by Toshiba

On the upside, Julian has lent me a spare screen that I can link to my pc so that I can copy off all the stuff I need, and he's not in a rush to have it back so I can probably get a lot of MartinMas stuff done over the week-end And no charge! Isn't he lovely?

So I guess my smile probably is worth £250

Comment

Ah bless what a fab repair man.
                    The bad news continues with my laptop; needs a new motherboard. I could probably get one for around £150.
                    But on the bright side, I've got my wannabe Mac, a spare laptop borrowed from work and a desktop server. By the end of the week I'll have photoshop on one of them at least.
                    sigpic

Comment

That's great news Cags Er, the bit about having PS loaded soon, not the bit about the £150 motherboard Be glad yours isn't a Tosh - they put a new motherboard in for me a couple of years ago and it cost nearly £300

I've just had a chat with a lovely lady at Toshiba, aaaaaaaaaaand she's going to send me the part I need - should be here by Monday So as soon as Julian has time to install it I'll be up and running again

Actually, using the spare screen isn't too bad, so I can still get some stuff done over the week-end

Comment

That's good to hear. I'll just shop around and buy one as cheap as I can and install it myself. Well, when I say myself, what I mean is, I'll get my brother to install it for me.
                        Although I'm not totally useless; I managed to drop a new hard drive, video card and sound card into Ewan's pc for him. Desktops I can do; laptops are a mystery to me.
                        sigpic

Comment

I watched Julian take my laptop apart and there is no way I wood attempt it myself It all looks very fragile and I just know I'd break something

I was very surprised when the Tosh lady said she wood send me the part, because in the past they've always insisted on doing the repair themselves

Comment

Hey guys!

Just a quick reminder about the WoohoodStock Thread's Secret Santa which was opened last night. You have until Sunday to sign up, only had a few so far

Here's a link to the post with the form on

Thanks!

Comment

3,2,1....*closes eyes*

Did it work?
                              sigpic
                              Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                              Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                                3,2,1....*closes eyes*

Did it work?
                                The form? Not seeing your responses

Comment

Working...
                                X