Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
    From the mouth of kids...
    .... comes the truth!

He's got my number, and he only met me once before

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      .... comes the truth!

They're also pretty quick at recognizing nice people.
      sigpic
      Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
      Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

.... comes the truth!

Indeed!

I have a stealth postie or I am deaf. I've been in all day and yet a have a card through the door for an undelivered parcel. Cue trek to the delivery office to queue up behind loads of folks and have someone glare rudely at me. Oh joy!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

Indeed!

I have a stealth postie or I am deaf. I've been in all day and yet a have a card through the door for an undelivered parcel. Cue trek to the delivery office to queue up behind loads of folks and have someone glare rudely at me. Oh joy!
          I think it's a universal way of the postmen to not deliver/carry heavy packages. I always give my parents' address because they're retired and they're always home. Still, we get undelivered notices when I am quite sure there was someone at there to receive them.

I
          sigpic

Comment

That's a good idea. There is always someone in at my parent's house. Normally my postie just pops it in my recycling cupboard (which is outside in my alley just up from the front door. It's dry and safe. I don't know why this one didn't do that. Or, indeed when he tried to deliver it since there's no information on it at all. Not sure how I'm supposed to leave it the alloted 2 hours to collect when I don't know when that 2 hours starts from.
            sigpic

Comment

That's a good idea. There is always someone in at my parent's house. Normally my postie just pops it in my recycling cupboard (which is outside in my alley just up from the front door. It's dry and safe. I don't know why this one didn't do that. Or, indeed when he tried to deliver it since there's no information on it at all. Not sure how I'm supposed to leave it the alloted 2 hours to collect when I don't know when that 2 hours starts from.
              Very good question. Doesn't it mention the supposed hour of "attempted delivery" on the delivery notice? Here we have that information on our forms.

Anyway, I'm annoyed because I ordered something for my sister's birthday to be delivered. She is usually out of the house every week day except for friday afternoons. Guess when they are going to deliver it? Yep, probably today-friday afternoon. Oh thanks for nothing.
              sigpic

Comment

Typical!
                They're supposed to put a time om it but haven't. It's not even got a parcel number on it.
                Oh well best go get it.
                sigpic

Comment

Typical!
                  They're supposed to put a time om it but haven't. It's not even got a parcel number on it.
                  Oh well best go get it.
                  Yep, you might as well. Now I'm watching the door like a hawk because I have my sister here.
                  sigpic

Comment

I agree that they just don't bother - I've had that happen several times when I've been at home

So, not only did I have the day described previously, but I also had another couple of trips to fit in Got an SOS from Becky - she had run out of her epilepsy medication, and although she had asked for a prescription several days ago they hadn't got it ready for collection until this afternoon. Since she doesn't drive she wasn't able to go and get it herself in time to get back and collect the girls from school - and she absolutely has to have it regularly. So somewhere between picking up from nursery at 12.45 I swung by and picked Becky up, took her to her doctor's surgery and then to the chemist, then home, all before I was due to pick up A from school at 3pm But we managed it, and the two new boys were lovely, very well behaved and didn't make a fuss about being stuck in the car for so long - I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll continue to be such a pleasure to care for

Now I'm just going to relax for half an hour before dong the Tut week post, then I'll be off back to Becky's for a Chinese and a bottle of wine (alcohol free, of course ).

Tomorrow, I'm staying in bed!

Comment

Sounds like a plan Jumble.

You know, I realised a little while ago that this time last year I was just getting over my first lot of WooHoo hugs and meeting everyone for the first time! Really doesn't seem that long ago

Ellie is still getting migraines, despite the preventative. We're up to 5 in 3 weeks now GP has now also prescribed medication to take when she has an attack. We'll see how this goes.
                      sigpic
                      Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Migraleve is my best friend when a migraine threatens. Not sure if Ellie is old enough to take it though

Comment

Migraleve is my best friend when a migraine threatens. Not sure if Ellie is old enough to take it though
                          Mine too. Yes she is and we have tried it, but she can only have the pink ones which for some reason make her vomit. She's not allowed the yellow ones which actually help with nausea The GP prescribed Sumatriptan, which although is recommended for over 12 years old he thought it would be the best course to go for now.
                          sigpic
                          Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

I only ever need the pink ones, provided I take them as soon as I get a warning.

Maybe you'd do better to try to find the trigger - keep a food/drink/activity diary and see if anything coincides.

Comment

Can someone pick me a number from 1 to 20 please?

Comment

Can someone pick me a number from 1 to 20 please?
                                17?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X