Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cags,your pm box is full!

Comment

Josi - I totally agree with Jumble - having moved (and no more of that since I bought a place now - like you) 4 times in 6 years...... don't bother cleaning much - instead start packing and packing and packing - and besure to label boxes with the following:

1 - Your Name
      2 - box #? of ? (if you lose one it really helps) = especially good for longer moves)
      3 - What room to put it in (kitchen, bedroom, living room, bathroom - you don't want to be moving them around yourself.
      4 - What is in box. Pots, sheets, books, etc.
      5 - and most important BREAKABLES -- PLEASE BE CAREFUL! Never had anything broken!

Then keep a list of the boxes and if need more details - to help you find special or important things first. I used a lot of bubble wrap and saved myself a lot of trouble. It takes effort, but you can wrap and watch the tele at the same time. And an added bonus - if you own a cat - they love climbing to the top of the boxes and watch!

Then after you move out you will have an empty place to clean = a lot easier. Only exception might be the sinks and toilet = I still gave them a quick cleaning (maybe not as often) but a necessity! But dusting and vacumning - loved putting that away for awhile!

Oh and best idea - if you have something that you just can't bare to lose or break - move it yourself. Because it will without a doubt be destroyed by the movers. This is an absolute that every mover swears to I am sure!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        Cags,your pm box is full!

Again?

Emptied.
        sigpic

Comment

Hm. Downton Abbey is back tonight - to watch or not to watch

Comment

Josi - if you're moving out in two weeks there's really no point in doing any cleaning now because you're going to have to do a thorough clean once you've moved everything out. In the meantime, I'd leave it and spend the time packing stuff that you won't be needing in the next couple of weeks and labelling the boxes
            Oh I'm not going to clean this place when I move out! I'd rather put my energy into cleaning my new flat so that it's all clean for when I get the furniture in. I've decided to suck it up and pay for cleaners to come in and do this place once I get my stuff out. Can't face it myself. Just needed to do a bit of surface cleaning today (sinks and loo, pretty much) so that it's not a complete health-risk of a place for me for the next couple of weeks, since next weekend I'm starting the packing in earnest.
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Ah, that's ok then - woodn't want you to waste your energy, you'll need lots of that when it comes to packing and sorting out the new flat Can't wait to see it!

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Yay to Josi - I'm super excited for you!
                sigpic
                Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

I have some serious Castle feels. Has anyone watched it yet?
                  sigpic
                  Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                  My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                  Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

There is a quote today on the Sanctuary site that is in line with our discussion of the other day:

'Down in their hearts, wise men know this truth: the only way to help yourself is to help others'.

~ Elbert Hubbard

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Hm. Downton Abbey is back tonight - to watch or not to watch
                      So did you? I opted to watch Conan The Barbarian instead. I mean I like Downton well enough but, *sigh* Jason Momoa mostly shirtless? Hmm, bit of a no-brainer.

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                      I think you're the only nation to have it yet. It premiered in Canada the night befor U.S. and is not on itunes for the UK yet. I wasn't going to buy it on itunes this year and was planning on waiting it out but, when I mentioned it to Ewan the other day his face kind of lit up and I realised I'd unleashed a monster when I converted him, so it looks like we have a date with Castle and Beckett every Tuesday evening for the next several months.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                      There is a quote today on the Sanctuary site that is in line with our discussion of the other day:

'Down in their hearts, wise men know this truth: the only way to help yourself is to help others'.

~ Elbert Hubbard
                      I also found myself smiling and thinking of this thread and everyone on it when I was reading the Good Deed section in the Metro today.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                        Just watched it!
                        sigpic
                        My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Oh no. I've committed a terrible terrible sin.

I've only gone and 69'd elsewhere.

Bad woohoo... bad, baaad woohoo.

(I blame Sil; talking about Castle made me go look at the Castle thread on here and there was a funny clip and I lol'd)
                          Apparently you enjoyed it Sil, if the grin is anything to go by. No... don't spoil it.
                          Last edited by Cagranosalis; 23 September 2013, 12:51 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

*iz not jealous of Jakie and Sil*

It'll be up on itunes tomorrow, will be buying my season pass
                            sigpic
                            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                              So did you? I opted to watch Conan The Barbarian instead. I mean I like Downton well enough but, *sigh* Jason Mamoa mostly shirtless? Hmm, bit of a no-brainer.
                              I did, but I found my attention wandering - never a good sign. I'll see how it goes over the next couple of eps.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

~ Elbert Hubbard
                                I saw it too this morning and thought of us.

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                                I think you're the only nation to have it yet. It premiered in Canada the night befor U.S. and is not on itunes for the UK yet. I wasn't going to buy it on itunes this year and was planning on waiting it out but, when I mentioned it to Ewan the other day his face kind of lit up and I realised I'd unleashed a monster when I converted him, so it looks like we have a date with Castle and Beckett every Tuesday evening for the next several months.
                                Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                                Just watched it!
                                Let's add one more grin.
                                There is however a nasty cliffhanger at the end. I don't like those.

This Woohoo is now back home in Ottawa after spending the weekend in Montreal. (No classes on Monday means I can get back later!) It's funny how this weekend made me realize that in a really short time Ottawa felt like home. It's not entirely 'Home' yet -- my parent's house is still home -- but I was really happy to come back today! And that's a really good sign if you ask me.
                                sigpic
                                Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                                My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                                Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Working...
                                X