No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*huggles* for all the Woohoo's having a sucky time. I can sympathise at the moment.

Spoiler:

Less than a year after losing Grandad we have found out that my Grandmother's mouth cancer has returned. And my Grandmother, who has recently started drinking quite heavily (at the age of 86!) is currently refusing to have anything done about it this time.

Yay for Josi!!! So glad it finally got sorted

*Waves @ Jackie*

*sneaks back out for a day of housework and ironing*
    sigpic
    Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

MR - sad, but not really surprising if you consider that she's lost her husband. At 86, she may not feel that it's worth it to fight. And drinking has long been a method for dealing with pain - both physical and emotional.
      sigpic

Comment

Oh Steph I'm sorry *hugs you*

I'm having a "fun" but productive day starting to sort things for my new flat, getting services arranged (TV/internet installation scheduled for the day after I move in *fistpump*) and ordering furniture (my credit card says ouch )
        sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
          I've never done something as big as pay a hotel bill, but I do buy the take-out order for the car behind me from time to time. And I put gas in a young man's car a few weeks ago so that he could get home. You're right, making an anonymous gift to someone who isn't expecting it, but who could probably use it makes you feel great all day. And hopefully they pay it forward too.
          You know, your post is so lovely and positive and then your signature is so scary

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
          *huggles* for all the Woohoo's having a sucky time. I can sympathise at the moment.

Spoiler:

Less than a year after losing Grandad we have found out that my Grandmother's mouth cancer has returned. And my Grandmother, who has recently started drinking quite heavily (at the age of 86!) is currently refusing to have anything done about it this time.

Yay for Josi!!! So glad it finally got sorted

*Waves @ Jackie*

*sneaks back out for a day of housework and ironing*
          ((hugs))

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

hehehe - that's me, a contradiction in terms
            sigpic

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

*hugs MR*
              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

I have a job interview next Friday! (I sent my application and resume on Monday evening, and they liked it. ) Fingers crossed and everything. I need some sort of money income if I don't want to drown in student debt.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                You know, your post is so lovely and positive and then your signature is so scary
                True that. o.o;

EH-T, that's so very generous of you! And Nola too -- paying the take-out from the car behind you. It does feel good to help others, I wish I could do it more often sometimes.

*huggles Steph*
                Spoiler:
                I can understand how you feel a bit. My grandmother is about the same age, she's 83, and whenever she's hurt/sick, it's really hard to get her to do something about it because she doesn't want to leave her home. Thankfully, she's healthy enough and doesn't have any big problems, so we don't really have to worry about her most of the time.

*huggles Woohoos*
                Last edited by LadyGalaxyJ; 21 September 2013, 05:33 PM. Reason: I can't write.
                sigpic
                Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Good luck! *crosses fingers tightly*
                  sigpic

Comment

Best of luck Jackie

*Hugs WooHoos*

Never did get the housework done yesterday. Must. Get. Motivated. Looks like a baby tornado has ripped through my house, then gone and got its big brother to have a go as well!
                    sigpic

Comment

Good luck LG! *crosses fingers*

Best of luck Jackie

*Hugs WooHoos*

Never did get the housework done yesterday. Must. Get. Motivated. Looks like a baby tornado has ripped through my house, then gone and got its big brother to have a go as well!
                      Meh.
                      Just embrace the state of mess. Go on. You know you want to...
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Best of luck Jackie

*Hugs WooHoos*

I empathise. Have just had to force myself to clean this morning. It's always a struggle but now I know I'm moving out in less than a fortnight I find myself struggling to care about the state of this place. I suspect my landlord will have other ideas though, unfortunately
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                          I empathise. Have just had to force myself to clean this morning. It's always a struggle but now I know I'm moving out in less than a fortnight I find myself struggling to care about the state of this place. I suspect my landlord will have other ideas though, unfortunately
                          I don't think it helps that I am not the most naturally tidy person on a good day - Even my co-workers go along behind me, tidying up and rolling their eyes on a daily basis! I tend to think that so long as the work gets done, everything else can wait. Unfortunately (or not as the case may be!) not everyone agrees with me

Currently procrastinating by doing Ellie's online application for secondary school
                          sigpic

Comment

Josi - if you're moving out in two weeks there's really no point in doing any cleaning now because you're going to have to do a thorough clean once you've moved everything out. In the meantime, I'd leave it and spend the time packing stuff that you won't be needing in the next couple of weeks and labelling the boxes

Comment

good advice! it will be ever so much easier to clean too when the place is empty
                              sigpic

Comment

I'll third that advice. Like you need another excuse not to do housework.

I don't think it helps that I am not the most naturally tidy person on a good day - Even my co-workers go along behind me, tidying up and rolling their eyes on a daily basis! I tend to think that so long as the work gets done, everything else can wait. Unfortunately (or not as the case may be!) not everyone agrees with me
                                I'm not either but at work I'm usually very tidy. It's just home I have issues with. There must be something it the air though because I had a massive blitz myself yesterday - living room, kitchen, both bedrooms, even the bathroom. Just the conservatory which is a complete mess but I am awaiting the application of a Man to fix the futon (the straps on the base pop out and I just don't have the strength to put them back myself - men do serve some purpose it seems. ). Then is that and the garden - which is very neglected. Now the pool is down I can start the annual butchery job on my bushes. I need a skip or something for all the rubbish.

Currently procrastinating by doing Ellie's online application for secondary school
                                Scary!

Big hugs for the situation with your gran. I kind of think I understand why she might feel that way; there's something to be said from enjoying yourself and going out with a bang. Of course that might not be the desirable outcome for everyone who loves her but I think the only way to approach it is to let her do what makes her happy.

Loving the awesome tales of good deeds. I'm about to donate a massive load of clothes and toys to a women's shelter. Took some time to find the number for one (uh for obvious reasons they don't exactly advertise where they are) but they were very grateful for them and at least I know they will be put to good use.

Fingers crossed Jakie. +++

*Huggles Sil* That does suck about the job. I wonder whether it's even worth you bothering to phone them and ask them if they still have your previous application on file in case something else comes up?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X