No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh good old solicitors. I forgot how difficult they make the whole house buying process.

Jumble, you could try tweeting the local authority (if they have a twitter account). I tweeted mine when they binmen threw the green box back and hit my car. They took notice when everyone could see it. Or email and put a read receipt on so they can't say they didn't see it.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
      Oh good old solicitors. I forgot how difficult they make the whole house buying process.
      )
      Don't they just?! Can't help thinking we'd all have been moved weeks ago if they'd only got on with it Still, everyone I talk to has similar stories so I know it's not anything personal and everyone gets there in the end.
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Yes, it seems to be a unique quality of property solicitors. At leat UK ones anyway (not sure what the rest of the world is like and it certainly isn't that bad when you deal with other types of solicitors). What makes it so much more annoying is they're getting paid to do the job and they get paid the same amount no matter how quickly they move their backsides or not. Maybe they ought to be on a converse sliding scale; the longer they take, the less they earn. That might give them the incentive to get their fingers out of their bums and move it!
        sigpic

Comment

I could get behind that idea. What makes it even more frustrating is that they know that all of us want to get on with this now and they keep reassuring us that they know it's getting urgent now and yet they still manage to take a week to do something which surely could have been done in a 5 minute phone call
          sigpic

Comment

A belated thank you to all of you for the Birthday wishes. *squishes everyone*

Josi gave me this sneaky little gift. Her plan was to get me to post again so I can show off these gorgeous pressies.

Oh well, what happened since last time?
            I moved to Ottawa! I'm loving it. Haven't had much time to walk around town, but I will eventually. I have my own apartment now; I'm living with a friend from High School, and it's working out really great so far. This kind of independence is exactly what I needed. I'm much more happy, less tired, and this change in general has given me a lot more energy. Yes, it took awhile to become accustomed to things around here (actually, that's still happening, I'm not completely at ease), but it feels great to start anew.

I also attended FanExpo in Toronto at the end of August. I guess most of view have seen my pictures on Facebook. (I think I'm FB friends with mostly everyone, right? ) It was fantastic! Nathan Fillion's panel was the best I attended! I also met RDA, and had a lot of fun chatting with the InnerSpace hosts and the Doctor Who Society of Canada. I am tempted to become a member of the Society actually because they have a chapter in Ottawa, and they're trying to organize something for the 50th, so it might be fun to join. We'll see!

*huggles everyone just because*
            sigpic
            Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
            My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
            Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

*rubs hands at success of sneaky plan*

Glad things are going so well in Ottawa! *hugs*

Still so jealous of you meeting RDA and Nathan Fillion
              sigpic

Comment

So quiet here today - no one has even come by for a visit! Oh well, I do need to get out and go to the bank - I just wanted to play a little first. But I guess errands before play!
                sigpic

Comment

*waves to Laurie*

My day today can be summed up by the fact that I felt the need to go and buy Emergency Chocolate at lunch

*curls up in corner and snoozes*
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                    *waves to Laurie*

My day today can be summed up by the fact that I felt the need to go and buy Emergency Chocolate at lunch

*curls up in corner and snoozes*
                    *Waves back* to Josie - sadly my day isn't much better! Just got told that I need to spend more money then I have to repair some damage! Really didn't need that today - or anyday actually! So if you have some spare chocolate!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                      *Waves back* to Josie - sadly my day isn't much better! Just got told that I need to spend more money then I have to repair some damage! Really didn't need that today - or anyday actually! So if you have some spare chocolate!
                      *sends Emergency Chocolate Laurie's way*
                      sigpic

Comment

Glad the move is working well for you LG!

Oh my. Emergency chocolate? *hugs Josi and Laurie*

I wish chocolate worked for me. My dad is having crazy temper tantrum day and we can't even get mad at him for it, really. Brain damage sucks man.

*hugs WooHoos*
                        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*hugs Nad*
                          sigpic

Comment

*huggles Josi, Laurie and Nad*

My day has been going quite well. My roommate's friends always come by for a visit on Wednesdays. They are Doctor Who fans (and they got me into Sherlock), so it was a match made in heaven really. We always have so much fun when they're here.

So I'm sending some of those positive vibes towards you girls!
                            sigpic
                            Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                            My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                            Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                              Glad the move is working well for you LG!

Oh my. Emergency chocolate? *hugs Josi and Laurie*

I wish chocolate worked for me. My dad is having crazy temper tantrum day and we can't even get mad at him for it, really. Brain damage sucks man.

*hugs WooHoos*
                              Sounds like you need to share in our chocolate feast as well!

Well is it almost 6:30 pm here and got a message about a leak - I don't even have a tenant right now! Have had to make 2 payments without the rental income and now this!
                              Then just to make things better - I got invaded by ants again - and again in my bathroom. Why there? Not that I want them anywhere. And they say you shouldn't spray them anymore because it might split the colony. So what am I suppose to do kill each one separately, ask them to commit hari kari, or worse leave them be so they can wander over all my things. YUK! I hate ants. Now I know I'll have a nightmare about them.
                              Double YUK YUK! Am I frustrated or something!
                              Last edited by llp; 18 September 2013, 05:30 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Looks like life just sucks all around at the moment

*huggles WooHoos*

Comment

Working...
                                X