The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
    Hmph, but happy enough to use it, eh! Cowbag!

Have a lovely lunch, give the girls kisses from me and Ben.
    We did, and they send hugs and kisses back

Comment

Trying to decide if I need a raft instead of my car to go grocery shopping? Or maybe today is a good day to fast!
      sigpic

Comment

send some wet our way
        sigpic

Comment

I'd love to Nola - at the rate we're going Woody won't get his daisies until next spring

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
            It is, you did an awesome job with the gravel
            Yes. Yes I did.

Indeed you are *hugs back*

Depending, of course, on what you're saying...........
            I always only say sensible things.

Originally posted by llp View Post
            Trying to decide if I need a raft instead of my car to go grocery shopping? Or maybe today is a good day to fast!
            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
              Yes. Yes I did.
              For which I am very grateful

I always only say sensible things.
              I didn't say sensible

I've just spent an hour in the jungle garden with my hedge-cutter and have managed to clear the steps up to the higher level and I'm cream-crackered The brambles up there have completely taken over - it's going to take me weeks to clear it (because my neighbour has complained to the council that the brambles are damaging his fence ), and then what will happen is that next spring they'll all grow more vigorously because they've been cut back It's only got this bad because I couldn't do it last year with my frozen shoulder A halfway decent neighbour wood offer to help, but decent isn't the word I'd use for him.

*iz not happy*

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

For which I am very grateful
                Aww.

I didn't say sensible
                True...

I've just spent an hour in the jungle garden with my hedge-cutter and have managed to clear the steps up to the higher level and I'm cream-crackered The brambles up there have completely taken over - it's going to take me weeks to clear it (because my neighbour has complained to the council that the brambles are damaging his fence ), and then what will happen is that next spring they'll all grow more vigorously because they've been cut back It's only got this bad because I couldn't do it last year with my frozen shoulder A halfway decent neighbour wood offer to help, but decent isn't the word I'd use for him.

*iz not happy*
                *hugs*

Well, a decent neighbour wood also not go to the council to complain. He wood knock on your door and ask you, for that wood be polite as well as much easier.
                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

*hugs*

Well, a decent neighbour wood also not go to the council to complain. He wood knock on your door and ask you, for that wood be polite as well as much easier.
                  Exactly! But like I said, 'decent' isn't the word I'd use for him

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed
                    *hugs*

Exactly! But like I said, 'decent' isn't the word I'd use for him
                    More *hugs* for Jumble because of her lousy neighbor and being zonked from cutting back the brambles! And a mean stare for the neighbor!
                    sigpic

Comment

*iz not happy*
                      Oh no. But well done on the cutback so far. But oh no on the unneighbourly neighbour. *huggles*

I am just wondering if - now you're a lady of a certain age *cough* - the council might have someone who could come and help you with such matters? Or at least put you in touch with people who can and not charge you the earth?
                      It might also be worth (once you've done the cutback) applying some glysophate to the cut stems to kill them off. Best method is to soak cotton wool or old rag in it and wrap around the cut stems (main branches) and cling wrap/tape it on. If you get some that's bramble killer strength it might not kill them completely straight off but it will inhibit their ability to come back so vigorously and make it much easier to manage next year. Over a few years you could probably eliminate them completely. Now is the right time of year to be doing that what with it being autumn, the plant will be drawing all its energy back into its roots and thus take the poison with it and do the maximum damage right about now.
                      If you can't get any man-help I'd be quite happy to come down one weekend and give you a hand taming your unruly bush. Or I could ask my great-nephew (who is always up for any job so long as there's beer and a bit of cash in it). I was going to ask him to come do mine just really as an excuse to let him earn a bit of cash more than anything so can ask if you want.
                      sigpic

Comment

I was also wondering if age might be on my side in that way and have been trying for over a week to speak to the guy at the council. He's never there, and leaving messages on his answerphone has proved a pointless exercise I'll keep trying though.

As to applying anything with a rag - honestly Cags, I'd be hard put to find a main root. The whole area is completely covered in brambles I think maybe a flamethrower wood be more use...........

Do you think he could be persuaded to give me a little man-help?

Comment

You could accidentally set the neighbour on fire.

sigpic

Comment

Ugh. Tired. *huggles Woohoos and flops on couch*

Jumble, I think you've found your solution right there - Martin and a flamethrower. You might have to blindfold him as he walks through your house though
                            sigpic
                            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

You could accidentally set the neighbour on fire.
                              Now there's an idea.........

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                              Ugh. Tired. *huggles Woohoos and flops on couch*

Jumble, I think you've found your solution right there - Martin and a flamethrower. You might have to blindfold him as he walks through your house though
                              It wood take him at least 9 hours to get here - I've got time

*hugs for tiredness* Any news on the move yet? Seems to be taking forever

Comment

It wood take him at least 9 hours to get here - I've got time
                                Jolly good

*hugs for tiredness* Any news on the move yet? Seems to be taking forever
                                Tell me about it We've just had a completely unnecessary more-than-a-week delay because both solicitors are slow, not paying attention and apparently unable to use email Basically, to cut a long story short, the sellers' solicitor failed to notice that the information that came through from the management company of the flats wasn't complete, and it then took 48 hours for my solicitor to tell her, only he emailed the wrong address which meant it was another 48 hours before she got the email and then got back to the management company to ask for the missing information So we're *still* waiting on the last final few bits before we can exchange and it's starting to get very tight for time to get it all through before I have to move out of my current flat Trying not to get too stressed about it, it'll happen eventually, it's just incredibly frustrating at the moment
                                sigpic
                                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Working...
                                X