The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodnight Laurie

The aquarium that Nad helped me to move more than two weeks ago is showing no signs of the dreaded hair algae, so I think we've cracked it *fingers crossed*

They say you can't keep two Plecostomuses (Plecostomi? ) in one aquarium, but I think I've proved them wrong....

.... they've grown a bit since I've had them, used to be the size of this new one (about 3cm) ...

.... who currently lives in the smaller aquarium.....

Comment

You're turning into quite the piscine expert there Jumble. The only fish I like are the sea bream in my fridge for dinner tonight.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
        You're turning into quite the piscine expert there Jumble. The only fish I like are the sea bream in my fridge for dinner tonight.
        I've been keeping fish since I was 15, so I should know a little bit about them by now I'm happy to eat any fish that's too big for the aquarium - trout, sea bream, sea bass, mackerel, haddock, cod........ as long as there are chips!

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
          What is a sea bream - never heard of that type of fish??? Have heard of all the ones that Jumble mentioned (except the sea bream of course)! But do like fish! Caught my first one when I was about 4 or 5 - a very very little rainbow trout.... and I kept it and had if for dinner! Definately today it would be thrown back because if was way undersized - but perfect for a 4 year old! Hmmm! That might have been the only time I caught one - can't ever remember catching another fish. In fact, can't remember my Dad ever taking me fishing again.

Looked it up and saw the reddish fish - think they're called something else here but now know what they are but never eaten one (not that I wouldn't)
          sigpic

Comment

Don't think I've ever seen the reddish ones, just the silver ones

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
              Don't think I've ever seen the reddish ones, just the silver ones
              Must of gotten sunburn off the California coasts!
              sigpic

Comment

Look at that very clean aquarium!

*hugs WooHoos*

Just came back from a birthday dinner with mainly people I didn't know and I found that I'm way more charming when I actually speak.
                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                  Look at that very clean aquarium!
                  It is, you did an awesome job with the gravel

*hugs WooHoos*

Just came back from a birthday dinner with mainly people I didn't know and I found that I'm way more charming when I actually speak.
                  Indeed you are *hugs back*

Depending, of course, on what you're saying...........

Comment

Really a lot of fun to be online here when there is no one around. I can play and dance and have no one here to watch!

Happy Sunday everyone!
                    sigpic

Comment

Just no stripping nekkid and running, Laurie.

I have the onerous task of finishing dismantling my pool today. If it continues to stay dry enough that is. Bailing out about a thousand litres of water (i.e. the last two inches) from my pool by hand is not my idea of a fun Sunday activity. I may be some time.
                      sigpic

Comment

That's the price you pay for all those glorious days in the pool I'd offer to help, but I'm off out to lunch with Becky and the girls - shame

Comment

Hmph, but happy enough to use it, eh! Cowbag!

Have a lovely lunch, give the girls kisses from me and Ben.
                          sigpic

Comment

*iz totally stuffed*

Comment

Just popping in before getting down to work and then off this afternoon to have our final dragon boat race--lots of funds raised for kids dealing with cancer at our local children's hospital. I see I have missed some birthdays. Happy belated birthday to all those who recently turned a year older!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Whoa Cags - you called Jumble a name! Hmmmm!

Originally posted by EH-T
                                Just popping in before getting down to work and then off this afternoon to have our final dragon boat race--lots of funds raised for kids dealing with cancer at our local children's hospital.
                                Now that sounds like fun, not the work part but the dragon boat races - hope you have a blast and raise lots of money for the hospital!

Sounds like a battle going on outside. Thunder, thunder and more thunder. Oh and now the rain has started. Going to be one of those days. Sammie is not bothered by the noise at all, but Carrie went in hiding under my bed! Poor babie. And I am going to have to brave that for groceries! Was going yesterday but my neighbor saw me and started chatting. Two hours later I was to tired to go! Oops! Maybe it will slow down later - or not. Hmmm! Maybe I can get it delivered!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X