No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Folks really don't exercise a lot of judgement on what they say online. It's as if they think they're not addressing real people, so they can be just as rude as they like.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
      Only for sharing the awesome Martin pic, because I really liked it.

*huggles* Nola. Marking test by hand.

Friday 13th eh?

Feeling a bit annoyed on behalf of my niece today. She's a bit naive and has announced her expected baby's name on facebook. It's not a normal name; a bit love or hate I suppose but some people have been so rude about it. What happened to "if you can't say something nice, keep your trap shut" ? She probably shouldn't have put it out there for criticism though. People generally don't say anything negative once baby is here even if they hate the name.
      And these are her 'friends'?

There's no reason why she shouldn't announce the name if that's what she wants to do, and if other people don't like it - tough! It's none of their business - she should ignore them. In fact, if I were her, I'd block them

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
        no pain is a great way to feel!

My week has been somewhat rocky. My battery died and had to be replaced on the first rainy day we've had in weeks and weeks. of course. And i forgot my lunch that day so had to eat in the school cafeteria - ugh. My back has been going into spasms and I finally realized that my desk chair has worn out - it was listing to one side slightly, just enough to mess with my back. So I got a new chair and put it together this morning. I still need to get some sort of footrest for under my desk to take strain off of my lower back. The test scanners at school are not talking to the computers, so I'm having to grade all my tests by hand. Now, this wouldn't be a big deal, but I spent all spring and summer inputting test questions into the program that would generate scantrons so that I wouldn't *have* to grade them by hand!
        Oh my! *hugs gently*

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        And these are her 'friends'?

There's no reason why she shouldn't announce the name if that's what she wants to do, and if other people don't like it - tough! It's none of their business - she should ignore them. In fact, if I were her, I'd block them
        I agree, there's no reason why she shouldn't announce her choice, other people don't have to like the name, she does. And all that matters is if she likes the name. I'd ignore them if I were her, and if they continue, block away.
        Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Friday 13th is a great day this year/month - it's my (older) nephew's birthday! 3 years old today
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Considering some of the unusual names people choose for their children over the multitude of years how different could it be. Besides, maybe she feels her soon to be child is going to be special and needs a special name. In my time there were names like Moonbeem and Farfel (yes had a friend with that name and no he wasn't middle Eastern, he was Italian)! Now a days there are names like Apple and Legacy. Sometimes they are named for locations or emotions....it just is. Everyone should be able to name their child as they see fit. And if you think it's different - so be it, it's different and no ones business but the parents and baby! If the kid doesn't like it as he/she gets older, he/she can always change it.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
              Friday 13th is a great day this year/month - it's my (older) nephew's birthday! 3 years old today

Like I said - Friday the 13th is a great day! Happy Bday to your nephew!
              sigpic

Comment

Already?

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                  Already?
                  I know!
                  sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Then happy birthday to the little guy.
                    Last edited by Padme18; 13 September 2013, 10:33 AM.
                    Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                      Considering some of the unusual names people choose for their children over the multitude of years how different could it be. Besides, maybe she feels her soon to be child is going to be special and needs a special name. In my time there were names like Moonbeem and Farfel (yes had a friend with that name and no he wasn't middle Eastern, he was Italian)! Now a days there are names like Apple and Legacy. Sometimes they are named for locations or emotions....it just is. Everyone should be able to name their child as they see fit. And if you think it's different - so be it, it's different and no ones business but the parents and baby! If the kid doesn't like it as he/she gets older, he/she can always change it.

Indeed, which was mostly the point she made. And the name she's chosen is:

Spoiler:
                      Genesis

I think it's kind of inspired myself. And it can be shortened to a more "normal" sounding name very easily.

I should have remembered; it's my nephews' birthdays today to. Er... they're slightly older!

Can't believe he's three already. Happy birthday to the little man.
                      sigpic

Comment

Is the baby a boy or girl? That name could go for either

Comment

Indeed, which was mostly the point she made. And the name she's chosen is:
                          Spoiler:
                          Genesis

I think it's kind of inspired myself. And it can be shortened to a more "normal" sounding name very easily.
                          Originally posted by Jumble
                          Is the baby a boy or girl? That name could go for either
                          Indeed it is unusual - but it makes for lovely and fascinating choice. I am also curious though - is it for a boy or girl although it doesn't seem to matter. Names do switch back and forth a lot like Leslie or even my name Laurel.
                          sigpic

Comment

It's a girl. They already have a little boy called Leo. I think it could go for either too but I do like if for a girl.
                            sigpic

Comment

It's a girl. They already have a little boy called Leo. I think it could go for either too but I do like if for a girl.
                              Actually I agree - think it makes a really fun girl's name and the nicknames would be ok as well!
                              sigpic

Comment

I still find it strange - I'm checking online just before I go to bed and so many of you are just waking up for Saturday (although it is now Saturday here as well)!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X