The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
    Ha ha, it's us filthy scummy limeys with our lack of vaccination programmes, patched up healthcare and bad teeth. We're to blame.
    Hmmm! Makes for a lovely self image????

But, Ah no - most likely someone on the airplane as I was returning home. More likely the timing fits that! Oh and being cramped into the center of the coach section because the (American) airlines lost our seat reservations!
    sigpic

Comment

Bloody Tax Credits!

I have just spent an hour and 25 minutes on the phone (most of it listening to a rubbish soundtrack and being told every 20 seconds 'Thanks for waiting. One of our advisers will be with you as soon as possible ) because they sent me a letter telling me I had received an overpayment and I had two weeks to pay up Finally got through to the right person only to be cut off instead of being put on hold Took me another twenty-five minutes to get back through the flippin' menu choices and then tried to make head or tail of what I was being told, which put very simply was 'Sorry, our mistake - you don't owe anything'

*iz spitting chips*
      Last edited by Jumble; 09 September 2013, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        Bloody Tax Credits!

I have just spent an hour and 25 minutes on the phone (most of it listening to a rubbish soundtrack and being told every 20 seconds 'Thanks for waiting. One of our advisers will be with you as soon as possible ) because they sent me a letter telling me I had received an overpayment and I had two weeks to pay up Finally got through to the right person only to be cut off instead of being put on hold Took me another twenty-five minutes to get back through the flippin' menu choices and then tried to make head or tail of what I was being told, which put very simply was 'Sorry, our mistake - you don't owe anything'

*iz spitting chips*
        Oh brother - I hate that stupid music. I would prefer silence and every minute being told to please wait. Here's hoping they straighten it out as they said!
        Last edited by llp; 09 September 2013, 07:33 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Joe pics, Joe pics! Wheeee!

Now, off to Gimp!
          sigpic

Comment

Heh. Taxes give the same problems in every country huh?

*hugs WooHoos*

Originally posted by Luvnjoe View Post
            Joe pics, Joe pics! Wheeee!

Now, off to Gimp!
            He listens!
            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday
                LG
                !!!

Hope it was goood
                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Joe art!

And a bunch of Spencers.
                  I'm not so sure if LJ is Joe's only stalker here...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                    Joe art!

And a bunch of Spencers.
                    I'm not so sure if LJ is Joe's only stalker here...
                    Dude! I'd better be his only stalker!

ETA: See!? Even my sig says I'm his stalker!
                    Last edited by Luvnjoe; 09 September 2013, 12:19 PM. Reason: It's what I do
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                      Glad you had a great time Josi. Great reason to miss last night of the proms. Welcome home.
                      Nah, I saw it! Watched it on German tv in my hotel room, trying not to sing along too loudly so as not to disturb everyone else staying there

Hope your first day went well today!

*hugs Jumble* for infuriating tax things

Happy Birthday LGJ!!!
                      sigpic
                      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Sounds like my evening so far - I got a call from one of my *former* student loan guarantors, saying that I was going to be in default on the balance owed. I talked to the young man and told him that it was an error, that my loan was no longer with them, but had been consolidated a year ago. I had discovered a couple of months ago that the consolidation failed to pay off the proper amount by a few hundred dollars because of a time delay between the payoff quote and the actual payment. I had contacted the consolidation people and explained the problem, they said it happens all the time and they requested the underpayment amount from the original lender to get it all fixed up. Jump forward to today. I get a letter from the consolidator saying that they'd received a payment from the original lender. Now, this sounded really strange, considering that they said I owed them money - why would they be paying on my balance? Coincidentally, I received a call from the original guys this evening saying I was almost in default on that little balance. After explaining what I could figure out, the young man checked the records, consulted with his supervisor, and then practically fell all over himself apoligizing to me. Some idiot in their company had returned the payment to the consolidator rather than applying it to the amount owed. Jeeze louise. You'd think people would actually CHECK why they were receiving a payment from a consolidator instead of just sending it back!!!! They're going to track down what they have to do, and I have to call them back in 3-5 days. Grrrrrrrrr.
                        sigpic

Comment

*runz nekkid*
                          sigpic

Comment

*averts eyes*
                            sigpic

Comment

*sends sympathy vibes to Nola*

Same thing here - they sent a demanding letter out without checking if I actually owed them any money

Off to the dentist this morning to get my broken tooth fixed

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSI!!

Comment

Working...
                                X