The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
    okay, all you folks with smart phones: I have a question. I got my first one today and I need to figure out how to add opera. I went to the site and downloaded it, but I don't know how to install. I know, silly question. But since I'm a total newbie at smart phones...

Oper...what? Er... yeah. What Nad said.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    I know I never go brown! Maybe your atmosphere is affected by your proximity to all those planes so the sun didn't burn me Whatever - I like having a bit of colour on my face, shoulders, decolletage etc - such a nice change from being allover pale
    It's probably the haze of pollution and aircraft fumes.

Indeed it has, and by the time Chevron 8.1 rolls around it'll be nearly four years since I've seen Martin - four years between hugs is waaaaaay too long!
    4 years is way too long to wait for a Martin!Huggle IMO. But I think we take what we can get and I'll be counting* down the days until Chevron 8.1.

*I missed out the 'O' in that word there at first. Good job I proof read before posting.

Universal are doing a monster B-movie night - just watched Chuck Campbell doing battle with a Bigfoot-type creature up a snowy mountain in Deadly Descent, and now it's Colin Nemec in Sand Sharks, which involves... er... sand-dwelling sharks

Sand dwelling sharks just made me spit water all over my keyboard. Oh dear. There's some, er, interesting movies out there, isn't there.
    Last edited by Cagranosalis; 02 August 2013, 03:34 PM. Reason: Embarrassing typo
    sigpic

Comment

okay, that seems to work. it's taking a long time to sync the email for the sign up confirmation
      sigpic

Comment

You mean GW actually didn't block the original word Cags?

Yes, some very strange movies indeed - they're trailering one for next week: Sharknado! Apparently, it's about a tornado that whirls up all the sharks in the sea and dumps them on the town

Comment

Sharknado is apparently a sensation - I haven't seen it yet, but lots of folks have been talking about it. I think I DVR'd it to watch sometime
          sigpic

Comment

At 7am I finally admitted there was to be no sleep, so now I'm up and planning what to do with the extra hours.

*waves to 16 Spencers*

Comment

At 7am I finally admitted there was to be no sleep, so now I'm up and planning what to do with the extra hours.

*waves to 16 Spencers*
              You could always come and do my packing for me? I may just be the most disorganised person ever when it comes to getting ready for holidays!
              sigpic
              Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

I don't think you'd like my packing method - open case, throw stuff in, close case - done!

You're coming on the 25th aren't you?

Comment

I don't think you'd like my packing method - open case, throw stuff in, close case - done!
                  That's pretty much what I'm doing! Ellie is taking stuff out, folding it and putting it back in

You're coming on the 25th aren't you?
                  As things stand at the moment, YES!! I have no work all bank holiday weekend and no Child as she's away with my Parents for 2 weeks
                  sigpic
                  Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                    That's pretty much what I'm doing! Ellie is taking stuff out, folding it and putting it back in
                    That is totally the wrong way to do it! If she doesn't favour the 'just toss it in' method she should roll everything - stops it creasing and takes up less room

As things stand at the moment, YES!! I have no work all bank holiday weekend and no Child as she's away with my Parents for 2 weeks
                    YAY!! I need to start organising, finding out when people are planning to arrive and how many will need beds Doors open Friday

Comment

You mean GW actually didn't block the original word Cags?
                      I don't know, I caught that typo before hitting submit. Unfortunately I failed to catch several missing capital letters, commas and full stops and... well I just could not let them slide by unedited.

Yes, some very strange movies indeed - they're trailering one for next week: Sharknado! Apparently, it's about a tornado that whirls up all the sharks in the sea and dumps them on the town

Sharknado is apparently a sensation - I haven't seen it yet, but lots of folks have been talking about it. I think I DVR'd it to watch sometime

Oh now that sounds like what we used to call Ewanfilms. When we were all in our teens we'd send him up the shops to rent videos (he was slightly older and being taller could get away with renting the certificate 18s... and buy the booze ). He'd be instructed to get one specific film and pick one of his choosing which was kind of his reward for going. His choice was always absolutely awful, cheesy, nasty horror rubbish. Quite often horror rubbish with additional scantily clad supposedly teen girls 35 year old actresses though running around. Usually they had titles like "Revenge Of The Killer Clowns" or "Night Of The Zombie Prom Queen" or some such nonsense. It became a standing joke that he couldn't pick a decent film and we'd have to sit through it because it had cost us £1.99 and, dammit, we were not going to waste our money not watching it!
                      The funny thing is, occasionally he'll come over here for an evening and we pick a movie off the Virgin box and I haven't learnt because I normally let him chose and they are always a bit rubbish too. He hasn't changed much in 25 years.

Aww... *huggles* And caffeine. Don't forget the caffeine.

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post

Yay!

Enjoy your holibobs.

I took Cat #2 to the vets today for claw clipping and a health check (£8.50, can't really complain about that... although I did ask for a discount due to only being 3 lots of claws to cut, not to more commonly found 4). Now he hates me. The other already hates me due to multi vet visits and has now started scratching her scab off and making her face bleed so will no doubt end up wearing a lampshade and hate me even more. Yep, I got the old tail flick and bum presentation off her this morning. No doubt I'll be their bestest buddy/human mummy friend again when it's dinner time.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                        I don't know, I caught that typo before hitting submit. Unfortunately I failed to catch several missing capital letters, commas and full stops and... well I just could not let them slide by unedited.
                        I reckon I edit typos out of about 80% of my posts

<snip> I think Ewan and I wood get on well, because I do quite enjoy the daft horror genre, if only to laugh at them Sharktopus (half shark, half octopus) was hilarious! As was Sand Sharks last night Cable tv has opened up a whole new world of ridiculousness for me I think I like soaps for the same reasons

Aww... *huggles* And caffeine. Don't forget the caffeine.
                        Didn't need it, still wide awake. Wandered around Aldershot picking up odds and ends, then went round Sainsbugs (bought another 3x12 packs of Coke Zero while they're still cheap ), which is when I discovered that I actually can't walk that far without upsetting this bloody hip Oh well, still got most of the day ahead of me - think I'll go upstairs and watch more tacky movies while I knit more bootees

Comment

Sharktopus was great! I must admit I like cheesy movies to laugh at too. I'd rather watch a cheesy horror than a soppy rom com.

Enjoy your knitting!
                          sigpic

Comment

okay, all you folks with smart phones: I have a question. I got my first one today and I need to figure out how to add opera. I went to the site and downloaded it, but I don't know how to install. I know, silly question. But since I'm a total newbie at smart phones...
                            Sorry Nola - where Jumble doesn't have any apts on her smart phone - I don't even have a smart phone. Just an old fashioned cell phone that works fine.

Originally posted by Jumble
                            Oh Jumble where have you been hiding. That movie showed on I believe the SyFy channel about 2 or 3 weeks ago and became a sensational hit. There is talk about it everywhere among the "youth" on this world. So much so that they are having a "one day" special showing of it in the real movie houses across the US! All the talk shows have been talking about it as well. It is apparently so bad that it is great fun to watch!
                            Last edited by llp; 03 August 2013, 03:29 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm pretty sure the trailer I saw said it was the UK premier tonight US Syfy isn't the same as the UK Syfy.

Comment

good day! Sorry you didn't get any sleep last night Jumble. I hate it when that happens.

Laurie - I hung onto my little flip phone for just as long as I could. I never use it - just for emergencies and so forth. (If I racked up 10 minutes a month, that was a lot). The young man at the Verizon store mentioned that they were going to completely discontinue them in another year or two. It was just time for me to step into the 21st century That, and I wanted to be able to access some sites on the internet that are blocked on the school network, such as Gateworld.

Monday, I will be spending the day at a faculty retreat at Sea World. Part of me is looking forward to it very much, and part of me is a little worried about 1) so much sun and 2) so much walking (I hear ya Jumble!)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X