The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
    Well that's all good news, which is lovely to hear. Happy to encourage your weight loss regime. Just don't take up Zumba. I tried it the other week; my (still slightly dodgy) knee joint could not take all the twisty turny madness. I doubt your hips will. Hopefully you'll get the go-ahead to try something like aquarobics or something non-impact.
    I've never tried Zumba - just don't fancy it. I've already checked out the Aquarobics at my local pool, but I can't sign up until I know what days/hours I will be working for the next few months.

Whilst waiting for the MRI I was studying the posters on the waiting room walls - there were quite a lot of good exercise ideas that I could do without much hassle. One was doing push-ups against a wall instead of on the floor - it uses the same muscles but without the same weight factor.

During the very hot spell, I was foregoing the daily workout in favour of an evening swim. I'd do laps round the pool to the count of ten planes (90 secondish intervals so around 15 minutes) and then some sort of push up like things under the water. To be honest it didn't even fell like exercise but it did get me out of breath and make me quite tired so must have done something.
    That reminds me of a conversation I had a few years back with a lifeguard down in Devon.

Me: Is it true that anything that raises my heart rate and increases my respiration is good aerobic exercise?
    Dishy Lifeguard: Yes, that's right,
    Me: So if I just sit here and watch you for half an hour, that'll qualify as today's workout?
    Dishy Lifeguard:

He did later on show me another good way to achieve the same effect I was 40 at the time and he told me he was 32. I later found out that he was in fact 22

Comment

Both my husband and my father have Anglyosing Spondylitis in their spines - causes calcium "icicles" to grow and gradual stiffening. Dad got his broken apart though an accident which actually left him more flexible than he'd been in years. My husband is having increasing problems with turning his head to the left.
      sigpic

Comment

Cheeky lifeguard. bet he learnt a thing or two though.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
          Both my husband and my father have Anglyosing Spondylitis in their spines - causes calcium "icicles" to grow and gradual stiffening. Dad got his broken apart though an accident which actually left him more flexible than he'd been in years. My husband is having increasing problems with turning his head to the left.
          Ouch! Does exercise help? My neck stiffens if I don't do ear-to-shoulders and look-behind-you exercises frequently.

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
          Cheeky lifeguard. bet he learnt a thing or two though.
          I felt it was my duty

Comment

*pokes head in*

*looks around*

*waves timidly*

sigpic

Comment

why timid? We don't bite - at least not hard
              sigpic

Comment

just kinda nervous cause I don't know if anyone remembers me. it has been quite a while since I've been in here.

also what are you talking about? biting's the fun part!
                sigpic

Comment

All this exercise talk... I knew it had to take a certain turn somewhere...

Originally posted by Valerie_Jackson View Post
                  just kinda nervous cause I don't know if anyone remembers me. it has been quite a while since I've been in here.

also what are you talking about? biting's the fun part!
                  Of course we remember you Malory!

Good to see you
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                  Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Oh my, I'm not here for a while and I see you are talking about biting people.....

My or my......... you need my older influences around here more often! Someone has to lead you down the right path!

Jumble I am very please that you don't have the original desease - not sure what you do have now - but hope it's easily taken care of! And it might not deprive you of your beloved wine and chocolate!

Well since no one is here (looks around and doesn't see a soul or any of that virtual wine and chocolate) I will be off and running - well walking - my running days are long gone!
                    sigpic

Comment

Did someone mentioned...chocolate?
                      sigpic
                      Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                      Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

my husband brought home a chocolate creme pie. O.M.G. I had a tiny sliver and it was soooo rich.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                          my husband brought home a chocolate creme pie. O.M.G. I had a tiny sliver and it was soooo rich.
                          *mouth waters*
                          sigpic
                          Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                          Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                            Yes, I remember hearing those ear-shattering screams from The Deceptively Quiet One
                            Well they were Deceptively Quiet

It was stuff like Serositis, Sepsis, Liliopsaos, Trochanteric Bursitis and Seronegative Arthropathy - some of which he is sure I haven't got and some he thinks I have. What it (hopefully) boils down to is my hip hurts and a couple of steroid injections could be all that's needed to fix it
                            Here's hoping that will do the trick for you indeed!

*waves to Valerie*
                            sigpic
                            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                              Of course we remember you Malory!

Good to see you
                              Oh I'm glad, but, who are you though?

I kid, I kid

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                              *waves to Valerie*
                              *huggles*