• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Psst! Laurie - img tags!

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      Psst! Laurie - img tags!
      Waves to Jumble! Oops! Didn't mean to bring over the cartoon - just the words. Too early for me! You still on holiday this week?
      sigpic

Comment

Yes, I'm on official holiday this week - last week just turned out that way Still got a whole list of things I need to get done before the 25th.........

Just got a copy of the letter from the grumpy Rheumatologist to my GP - can't make head or tail of it - anyone here speak medicalese?

*runs of to google*

Comment

Well that was interesting. It appears that if the MRI shows what the Rheumatologist supects it will actually be good news, because my problem will be treatable and can be fixed rather than just managed with drugs. Let's hope he's right

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

Technically I think it's called a catsuit. I had several of them in the 80's, although none in red leather or PVC. None at all in PVC. I did have a magenta corduroy pilot suit though. wish I had pictures to prove it.

So for my 5000th post...

Jumble's Martin vids threw up some interesting recommendations. This was among them:

=youtube;kWbMikrZ91U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWbMikrZ91U[]

Oddly enough it's the second time I've heard this in just over a week. I as driving down to Camber last Saturday and it was on Tony Blackburn's pick of the pops retro top 20 show on radio 2.

Yes I did just admit to being and oldie fogie who listens to radio 2.
            Yes I did sing along. Not only did I sing along but I sang the descant version, which was on side 2 of the single.
            Yes, I did just admit I owned the single as a child. To be fair, I owned a 5th share of it.
            No, Cags does.......

[outube;47FxCVQoHkY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47FxCVQoHkY[]

And I may be a little drunk, but I think your maths might be out by about 500........... or is one of us numberlexic?

Should I admit to a black pvc catsuit complete with blood red belt?

Maybe not
            I was wondering about the numbers too! I thought maybe Cags had a few posts deleted for ickybahness!

Ok, if we're delving through our memory banks - who remembers how they came to this thread?
            I think I just saw the thread name and it drew me in. Can't remember when. Fairly early on though I think.

Oh, and to be on topic........

Martin Wood 5h

@amandatapping - your Continuum...best Directing I've seen you do, and I've seen it all. Where the hell did you get moves like that Tapping?

No pic today
            What a lovely supportive post. I saw the episode and also thought AT did an excellent job.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

There was a party and I missed it??

*sulks*

Fun catch-up though

Ok, if we're delving through our memory banks - who remembers how they came to this thread?
              I was dragged in kicking and screaming by a hefty dose of peer pressure

Although, on checking back, I didn't exactly put up much resistance I appear to have first posted here some 41 minutes after the thread opened

Well that was interesting. It appears that if the MRI shows what the Rheumatologist supects it will actually be good news, because my problem will be treatable and can be fixed rather than just managed with drugs. Let's hope he's right
              Fingers crossed!
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

I think Nad will enjoy this.

Drain the oceans
                sigpic
                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                  I was wondering about the numbers too! I thought maybe Cags had a few posts deleted for ickybahness!

And just what as you suggesting Missy? That I - sweet little innocent moi - is somehow responsible for all that sticky icky stuff around here?

I am deeply hurt.

Originally posted by josiane View Post

Although, on checking back, I didn't exactly put up much resistance I appear to have first posted here some 41 minutes after the thread opened

Yes... I can see how hard you resisted and how against your will you are currently being held.

Drain the oceans
                  Never mind Nad. Hilarious. And a little bit bizzarre really. A prime example of Woohooishness if ever I saw one.

Fingers crossed for good news Jumble. I do speak a little medicalease, particularly in matters pertaining to crumbly old bones (practice translating stuff for my mother) but probably not more than you have already. Of course if it is good news, you will no longer have an excuse for the wine and chocolate.
                  sigpic

Comment

*hoping*

*nods*

What a lovely supportive post. I saw the episode and also thought AT did an excellent job.
                    I love seeing how well directing is going for her

Drain the oceans

True. All true.
                    Thanks for sharing that. Funny!
                    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

500 ickybah posts? Our Cags? Whichever Mod it was that deleted them obviously didn't check thoroughly - there must be at least 1,000!

I think I just saw the thread name and it drew me in. Can't remember when. Fairly early on though I think.
                      I think the thread name was designed to do exactly that

Isn't that why we love him so much?

There was a party and I missed it??

*sulks*

Fun catch-up though
                      Mostly a solo effort on Cags' part, but it was fun

Yes, I remember hearing those ear-shattering screams from The Deceptively Quiet One

Fingers crossed for good news Jumble. I do speak a little medicalese, particularly in matters pertaining to crumbly old bones (practice translating stuff for my mother) but probably not more than you have already. Of course if it is good news, you will no longer have an excuse for the wine and chocolate.

It was stuff like Serositis, Sepsis, Liliopsaos, Trochanteric Bursitis and Seronegative Arthropathy - some of which he is sure I haven't got and some he thinks I have. What it (hopefully) boils down to is my hip hurts and a couple of steroid injections could be all that's needed to fix it

The wine and chocolate are all gone

Comment

you'll likely have to have the steroid injects on a regular basis - say every 3-6 months. I hope that it is something that simple and you get relief.
                        sigpic

Comment

It was stuff like Serositis, Sepsis, Liliopsaos, Trochanteric Bursitis and Seronegative Arthropathy - some of which he is sure I haven't got and some he thinks I have. What it (hopefully) boils down to is my hip hurts and a couple of steroid injections could be all that's needed to fix it

The wine and chocolate are all gone
                          er...nope, not a scooby.

Actually I do recognise Sepsis (which is infection) and bursitis (which - I think - is inflammation of the hip joint... well colour you surprised eh! ) I thought you were going to say spondylitis or something. I think that's to do with dodgy spinal alignment. Or at least can be caused by it (something about squishing the discs or something, I think. )
                          Anyway, here's hoping it's just a couple of sharp pricks to sort it out.

I have both wine and chocolate *passes virtual goodies around thread*
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm out of wine which is probably a good thing as my migraine meds would probably clash with it. I do have some chocolate, but I'm dieting and I'm already down some and want to keep going.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                              you'll likely have to have the steroid injects on a regular basis - say every 3-6 months. I hope that it is something that simple and you get relief.
                              The steroid injection I had in my shoulder last year made me feel ill for a week, but even if that happens again it's a darned sight better than some of the alternatives

er...nope, not a scooby.

Actually I do recognise Sepsis (which is infection) and bursitis (which - I think - is inflammation of the hip joint... well colour you surprised eh! ) I thought you were going to say spondylitis or something. I think that's to do with dodgy spinal alignment. Or at least can be caused by it (something about squishing the discs or something, I think. )
                              Anyway, here's hoping it's just a couple of sharp pricks to sort it out.
                              Yep, and that's what I'm hoping it is. If the steroids don't work, it is possible to remove the offending part because it's another one of those bits that we don't really need, like the appendix.

I was told when I was 28 that I had Anglyosing Spondylitis in that hip, but all that is is a form of arthritis, which he says I don't have

Trochanteric Bursitis affects the femur/femoral shaft, which makes sense because I've had numbness at the outside of my thigh for some time, probably caused by the femoral nerve (which passes through the hip joint) being trapped or damaged - which could be the cause of the inflammation and pain in the hip. It's all very complicated, but boiling it down to simple language has made me feel a lot more positive

I have both wine and chocolate *passes virtual goodies around thread*
                              Virtual goodies are all I'm going to get for the forseeable - the one thing I do know that will help, whatever the eventual diagnosis, is losing weight

Comment

Well that's all good news, which is lovely to hear. Happy to encourage your weight loss regime. Just don't take up Zumba. I tried it the other week; my (still slightly dodgy) knee joint could not take all the twisty turny madness. I doubt your hips will. Hopefully you'll get the go-ahead to try something like aquarobics or something non-impact.
                                During the very hot spell, I was foregoing the daily workout in favour of an evening swim. I'd do laps round the pool to the count of ten planes (90 secondish intervals so around 15 minutes) and then some sort of push up like things under the water. To be honest it didn't even fell like exercise but it did get me out of breath and make me quite tired so must have done something.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X