No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes, the guessing will go on for awhile. Should be plenty of conjecture.
    sigpic

Comment

Ah so you have a new "future" king - but hell, the first in line future king has been waiting for how many decades now???

As for MRI's - Jumble about 6 years ago I had about 15 of them over a 3 day period of time. They can be noisy. Since I had almost my entire body being scanned from my knees on to the top of my head I can tell you yes - besides being very very noisy, they are also very boring! I had 5 a day one right after the other with only about a 5 minute rest in between. I wanted to get them over with. If you are lucky enough to get one of the very new machines (mine was not) they are a lot narrower in scope, make less noise and basically a lot easier to deal with. But the tip, don't move and relax. They don't hurt, they are open at both ends and the hardest part - laying totally still!
      sigpic

Comment

Latest posting from Martin - "Landing this morning at Cedar Cove"
        Last edited by llp; 22 July 2013, 04:14 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Love it!
          sigpic

Comment

I was just awoken by a massive clap of thunder, followed by a very loud downpour of rain! Yay! Maybe today won't be so hot and stuffy
            Last edited by Jumble; 23 July 2013, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Don't bank on it Jumble. It's cooler here today but still stuffy. But then we've only had just a little thunder rumbling in the distance overnight here. No real storm.

Love the Martin pic. Nice to see him attending to his fans with an action shot. oh my he has lovely legs... can I change my Woohoo name to the leg loving one? ;0

Originally posted by llp View Post
              Ah so you have a new "future" king - but hell, the first in line future king has been waiting for how many decades now???
              Well he's in his 60s so...
              If the queen holds on until the end I think he'll not become king for a good few more years yet. I don't actually think he minds that much though; I get the impression he's not that bothered. I can see him being more prominent in representing the queen in engagements in the next few years though, sort of prince regent role. I doubt we'll have another monarch ruling for 60+ years again for a good long time.
              sigpic

Comment

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae294/llperkiss/New%20Martin%20Wood/martininflight.jpg

Latest posting from Martin - "Landing this morning at Cedar Cove"
                sigpic
                Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                  Don't bank on it Jumble. It's cooler here today but still stuffy. But then we've only had just a little thunder rumbling in the distance overnight here. No real storm.
                  The storm was short-lived, about 10 minutes, and all trace of the rain has dried up - we now have brilliant sunshine, a mackerel sky and a lovely breeze

Comment

As for MRI's - Jumble about 6 years ago I had about 15 of them over a 3 day period of time. They can be noisy. Since I had almost my entire body being scanned from my knees on to the top of my head I can tell you yes - besides being very very noisy, they are also very boring! I had 5 a day one right after the other with only about a 5 minute rest in between. I wanted to get them over with. If you are lucky enough to get one of the very new machines (mine was not) they are a lot narrower in scope, make less noise and basically a lot easier to deal with. But the tip, don't move and relax. They don't hurt, they are open at both ends and the hardest part - laying totally still!
                    Why so many?

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                      The storm was short-lived, about 10 minutes, and all trace of the rain has dried up - we now have brilliant sunshine, a mackerel sky and a lovely breeze

Ah we had a 10 minute storm this morning too in the end, but it's even hotter afterwards. Does feel a little less sticky though so that's a good thing. Long may it last.

Currently watching the game of Gun Salute OneUpManship being shown on every-bloody channel-in-the-country-and-then-some again. Pray tell me why does one insist on doing 41 and the other want to better that with 62? can't you just, y'know, not fire them at all? I'm all for traditions and customs but I do think some are just a bit silly. Or done for the tourists. Or done for the news to give them something to actually report.
                      sigpic

Comment

It's now totally overcast and breezy, but still feels pretty warm, but less uncomfortable

I seem to have missed all the fuss - watching Only Fools and Horses instead

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                          Why so many?
                          I wish I knew. I spent many long hours over 3 days to find a very small something on one of my ribs. It was a very odd illness.... started feeling numbness (like when your arm falls asleep) creeping up my body = (started with my feet) until it was half way up my chest. When I no longer could tell if I had to pee or not I went to the emergency ward (naturally this was over a holiday weekend). Stayed there over night - sent me home because it was the holiday and told me to come back on Monday. Went to my doctor on Monday instead and he told me to check myself into the emergency ward (if the doctor did it - at least 2 days to get approval from insurance). Anyhow, had some kind of cold on my ribcage???? Very rare (aren't I lucky) so every doctor in that hospital (think some janitors as well ) came to see me and gave me the same bloody test. Stuck pin in bottom of toe (yes I could feel that) and rolled some pointy thing on the bottom of my foot (no didn't feel that) and then up my leg. Eventually they also gave me a spinal tap the last day in hospital and I was already dressed to leave. Had to stay an extra 2 hours because you have to do that after a spinal tap... which showed absolutely nothing. They have no cure, offered no help, bored the hell out of me, and as predicted it would mostly go away by itself. Started going away the last day - why they said I could go home. Both feet still partilly numb but it never goes above the ankle so use to it, but have to be careful when I walk. That was when I decided I didn't want to work anymore and retired about 5 months later. Only good thing it gave me! A reason to retire early!
                          sigpic

Comment

Martin Wood @realmartinwood 4h
                            The spare head that we always keep on hand whenever Cowgirl Rothery has 2 ride on#cedarcovetv @terylrothery pic.twitter.com/pEjNMBY2lz

Comment

Martin Wood @realmartinwood 40m

I said "ride like the wind but don't lose your hat" She kept her hat but... #spareheadtime @terylrothery pic.twitter.com/4GoKUt31q3

But what?

Comment

perhaps it wasn't as fast as he wanted?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X