X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clairec007 View Post
    Hi all, hope everyone is smiling
    Yep, still smiling

Been reading all the news re Gunsmoke and thought I would let you have some trivia that I heard ...as James Arness was so tall he made all the other actors looks so small. To try and compensate and made the other actors look taller, they designed the sets to be a bit smaller ie table, chairs, doors, windows etc ..this gave the illusion of then being normal height (not small actors) but it did make James look even taller.

EH-T thanks for donating as well...I ended up doubling the amount as it was such a nice photo.
    They often got the other actors to stand on boxes, or put James into a ditch so they'd all be in the same shot

Alan Ladd had the opposite problem - he was so short that he often had to stand on a box so he wood appear to be as tall as his leading lady

During the war, James was shot and lost part of his foot, so any scenes that required him to walk very much wood always be shot first thing in the morning when he was less tired and in less pain.

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
      Palladin always rode alone, always wore black, on the moody side. Sort of a good guy (with a bad guy history)! Think he had a mustache but now sure. Sort of the play on the "good guys always wore white hats - but not him!

Oh and one other I rememeber = think it was called The Rebel! An after Civil War cowboy show - he fought for the South. But he was a good guy that the "northerners" picked on until he helped them with some bad guys - that type of story! Restless, never stayed in one place too long!
      Yep, The Rebel - Johnny Yuma, played by Nick Adams. Also starring John Carradine and Dan Blocker (Hoss from Bonanza).

Just don't get me started on John Wayne or Randall Scott...............

Comment

Of course Laurie! How could I forget it was Bonanza on Sundays? That and Wonderful World of Disney with Walt himself introducing each movie.

Wasn't James Arness' brother Peter Marshall of game show fame? And didn't they have one other brother?

Always loved Bonanza - especially when Adam, the oldest son, was in it. Never made sense to me that Hoss was the baby, when Little Joe should have been, but there you have it.
        sigpic

Comment

What a lovely picture! Well done Claire!
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
            Of course Laurie! How could I forget it was Bonanza on Sundays? That and Wonderful World of Disney with Walt himself introducing each movie.

Wasn't James Arness' brother Peter Marshall of game show fame? And didn't they have one other brother?
            Peter Graves was his younger brother

Always loved Bonanza - especially when Adam, the oldest son, was in it. Never made sense to me that Hoss was the baby, when Little Joe should have been, but there you have it.
            Hoss was the middle brother according to this, which is what I thought

Comment

but I remember, quite clearly, that the father said he lost Hoss' mother when he was born... Of course, I didn't realize there were THREE wives!
              sigpic

Comment

Oh yes, Daddy Cartwright certainly spread himself around

Comment

*is lost on the current convo, but loves The Pic*

*hugs WooHoos*

Busy RL.
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                  Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*squishy huggles Nad* Never mind babe, you were just born too late

Five weeks to the WooHooBirthdayMeet!!!! *happy dances*

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                      *squishy huggles Nad* Never mind babe, you were just born too late

Five weeks to the WooHooBirthdayMeet!!!! *happy dances*
                      *huggles back*
                      And that's true, probably.
                      Though I do have that theme song stuck in my head.

Five weeks? Yikes. I mean yay, but yikes as well.
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*flops in*

*sees nostalgia talk and smiles*

*sees Martin smiles and smiles*

*manages a half hearted "arr me hearties" and a pirate flag wave*

*flops into bed*

sigpic

Comment

*throws a blanket over Cags*

I had quite a day as well. Spent the day outside with friends doing aerial games and zip lining in trees. My muscles hurt from our last ride. It was the hardest of the park and quite rough. But we had so much fun! Then we went to see Despicable Me 2.
                          Wonderful day. I needed it.

Actually, it is a proven fact that nails grow faster in the summer - something to do with the extra vitamins we soak up from the sun
                          Really?
                          Oh well, I learned something new!

Yay! Finally, a smiley pic - thanks to
                          Claire

<snippy smiling!Martin>
                          Beautiful new picture! Thanks Claire!

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                          *is lost on the current convo, but loves The Pic*

*hugs WooHoos*

Busy RL.
                          Hehe, I feel lost as well, but there was a Martin picture in the middle so it's all good.
                          Last edited by LadyGalaxyJ; 21 July 2013, 05:48 PM. Reason: Seeing a typo 2 hours later, eh!
                          sigpic
                          Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                          My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                          Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

sounds like a marvelous day
                            sigpic

Comment

Looks like the Royal baby will be making his/her appearance today

Edit: Just had a call to tell me that I'm having my MRI scan this Friday That's darn quick.
                              Last edited by Jumble; 22 July 2013, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Maybe. She might have a 48 hour labour.

Bit sick of it already, tbh. Put the news on for some real news and it's all royal baby this and royal baby that. FGS, it's not like she's the first person in the world to ever give birth. And it's not like they'll know any more about it until it happens so how about some real news while we're waiting. But I do love the fact those paparazzi are all camped out in the swletering heat. Wish I could feel sorry for them. ut I don't.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X