X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay! Finally, a smiley pic - thanks to
    Claire

Claire Cowan @clairec007 16h
    @Amandalexander LOL loving this, thanks. ps I will donate $10 to S4K if you get a nice photo of Martin smiling..not goofing

Amanda Alexander @Amandalexander 14h
    @clairec007 here you go.

Comment

Excellent picture!!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Did I mention that I was in the shower when I got Claire's text about the pic, and that I now have a trail of wet footprints down the stairs and through to the kitchen? Am still dripping, but I don't care

Comment

Aaaaaaand I've just heard I'm not working tomorrow......... maybe I'll be inspired to make something for the AfA challenge now that we have a new pic

Comment

oh yes, please do! I'm loving that pic. Here's some encouragement for you to start...
            Last edited by Nolamom; 21 July 2013, 06:44 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks Nola

It's way over the 100kb limit

Comment

OOOPS! forgot to check the kb on the png...sorted now.
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks

I'm having a wander down Memory Lane with CBS Action - just seen the very first ep of Bonanza, first aired in 1959 Now watching 'Guuuunsmoke! Starring James Arness as Marshall Matt Dillon!' And of course, who could forget Dennis Weaver as sloooow-talking Chester?

Of course, I didn't see them the first time around, I just remember the re-runs.

Last edited by Jumble; 21 July 2013, 10:04 AM.

Comment

we never missed Marshall Dillon and Miss Kitty on Sunday evenings when I was a kid! Good memories
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                      Yay! Finally, a smiley pic - thanks to
                      Claire

Claire Cowan @clairec007 16h
                      @Amandalexander LOL loving this, thanks. ps I will donate $10 to S4K if you get a nice photo of Martin smiling..not goofing

Amanda Alexander @Amandalexander 14h
                      @clairec007 here you go.

Awesome. I'm off to S4k to donate too!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

*waves to EH-T*

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                        we never missed Marshall Dillon and Miss Kitty on Sunday evenings when I was a kid! Good memories
                        Got me thinking though - the things we were allowed to watch as kids I was brought up on westerns and war movies where the answer to every problem was to shoot someone or whack them over the head with a heavy object, and we didn't all grow up to be gun-totin' killlers! Perhaps the Hippy Movement and WoodStock counteracted the violence for our generation

Now watching one of the later movies that James made much later - 1970's I think.

Comment

Gunsmoke - oh my! - I do remember watching that on Saturday nights. (Pretty sure Bonanza was on Sundays and Gunsmoke on Saturday Nola!) I would sit on the floor with those "wonderful" Swanson tv dinners (they were from the ovens since microwaves weren't around then - I think) and a large glass of milk. Gunsmoke, Palladin, westerns abounded back then! Never shot anymore as I grew up on all that gunplay. See Jumble being a student/hippy melted down the gunplay!

Oh and love the new picture of the "smiling" Martin!

time for brunch!
                          Last edited by llp; 21 July 2013, 10:27 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

I remember watching Bonanza on Sunday afternoons - not sure when Gunsmoke was on though I do know it holds the record for the longest running US tv show - 20 years

Bonanza wasn't far behind - 14 years

Paladin? I hear a very faint bell ringing somewhere in the depths of my memory..... give it awhile and it'll surface

Edit: Oh, Have Gun, Will Travel - got it!

Comment

Hi all, hope everyone is smiling

Been reading all the news re Gunsmoke and thought I would let you have some trivia that I heard ...as James Arness was so tall he made all the other actors looks so small. To try and compensate and made the other actors look taller, they designed the sets to be a bit smaller ie table, chairs, doors, windows etc ..this gave the illusion of then being normal height (not small actors) but it did make James look even taller.

EH-T thanks for donating as well...I ended up doubling the amount as it was such a nice photo.
                              sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                                I remember watching Bonanza on Sunday afternoons - not sure when Gunsmoke was on though I do know it holds the record for the longest running US tv show - 20 years

Bonanza wasn't far behind - 14 years

Palladin? I hear a very faint bell ringing somewhere in the depths of my memory..... give it awhile and it'll surface

Palladin always rode alone, always wore black, on the moody side. Sort of a good guy (with a bad guy history)! Think he had a mustache but now sure. Sort of the play on the "good guys always wore white hats - but not him!

Oh and one other I rememeber = think it was called The Rebel! An after Civil War cowboy show - he fought for the South. But he was a good guy that the "northerners" picked on until he helped them with some bad guys - that type of story! Restless, never stayed in one place too long!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X