The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
    In my experience it's normally harder work.

In this heat!? But well done you. What's the new colour you've gone for?
    Laura Ashley "Delphinium"..a very pale sky blue....the other paint was also sky blue but came up much darker than I'd thought it would...it was also old and I think that's where the "sickly" smell came from...

Deeds xx
    sigpic
    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble
      Yesterday part of the M25 (Motorway) was closed for emergency repairs after the road surface became uneven due to the tarmac melting in the heat.
      It's happened here in the states as well. Closing of roads because they buckled under the heat. And in Death Valley they showed the story about frying an egg was true. They actually did that on the news and it worked! OMG!

But we have one thing you guys don't (I think) - Sink Holes! Some woman was at a red light and the ground (void of water because of a drought) gave way and she fell into a huge hole about 10 feet deep. It took 4 hours to rescue her - car never made it! Florida is well known for these, especially in droughts. Oh and now they are having huge amounts of rain all over the East coast - like 7 or 8 inches a day. Floods from Toronto and down the East coast - weather still hot as well. The weather has gone to hell in a hand basket (not sure what that means - but it is a very very old saying!)
      sigpic

Comment

In my experience it's normally harder work.
        Ah yes, but it takes longer, which is good

My shower died last night. I think it's a sign that it's time to revamp my bathroom. The one room in the house that's remained largely untouched since I moved in.
        May I say "It's about time!"?

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
        you can help dissipate paint odor by placing a saucer with some vanilla in it in the room overnight

My entire house (except for a couple of rooms) needs repainting. I'm not up to it anymore. It's been years since I painted last time and the walls need some new life. I'm going to have to hire a painter though.
        The top part of my hall/landing/stairs has yet to be finished from when I started it ........ um....... 5 years ago? That was when I discovered that with age comes a fear of ladders in precarious positions My kitchen is in dire need of a new coat of paint. I think the time has come for me to seek out a handyman - there are several jobs that need doing that I no longer feel capable of. Time was, I could do all this stuff myself, but no more

I'm trying to find a bright side to look upon.......... hm...........

I guess if I can find cute guy to do it all, and the weather is still hot..........

Yep, that could definitely qualify as a bright side

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
          It's happened here in the states as well. Closing of roads because they buckled under the heat. And in Death Valley they showed the story about frying an egg was true. They actually did that on the news and it worked! OMG!

But we have one thing you guys don't (I think) - Sink Holes! Some woman was at a red light and the ground (void of water because of a drought) gave way and she fell into a huge hole about 10 feet deep. It took 4 hours to rescue her - car never made it! Florida is well known for these, especially in droughts. Oh and now they are having huge amounts of rain all over the East coast - like 7 or 8 inches a day. Floods from Toronto and down the East coast - weather still hot as well. The weather has gone to hell in a hand basket (not sure what that means - but it is a very very old saying!)
          I saw one similar the other day, but the sink hole that lady's car went into was caused by a broken water pipe that created an underground flood

Comment

Well I have made the "phone call" to get someone to look at my sprinkler system. Until then - sorry plants - you are going to have to suffer. Here's hoping is doesn't cost more then a few hundred dollars!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
              Watching This Morning - Eamonn Holmes has just asked his guest "So, is the second coming as hard as the first one was?"

This on daytime tv?

The guy thinks he's Jesus, and that his girlfriend is Mary Magdalene

*waves to Dee* Stop lurking - come and talk to us! *hugs*
              *waves and huggles* I'm just in a lurking mood these days

you can help dissipate paint odor by placing a saucer with some vanilla in it in the room overnight

My entire house (except for a couple of rooms) needs repainting. I'm not up to it anymore. It's been years since I painted last time and the walls need some new life. I'm going to have to hire a painter though.
              I still like to draw on walls, so no problem with painting, lol.
              Good luck with it!

Originally posted by llp View Post
              A friend of mine tried that a couple of weeks ago, and yeah it's so cool!!!

I saw one similar the other day, but the sink hole that lady's car went into was caused by a broken water pipe that created an underground flood

Re finding money: I used to steal money and pretended that I found it. I was six and I gave all the money that I stole to my parents. Gosh I was stupid... of course, they caught on, and I had to go to a physiologist. Apparently I was looking for attention.
              Other than that, never found money in my life.

I still haven't remembered to mail the postcard to Pol

There was Stargate on my TV today. It was the one about Jaffa women warriors, first time seeing Ishta etc. It was nice. Missed it Thinking about a re-watch. Did a re-watch of the West Wing, so greaaat. <3
              sigpic
              Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

*squishy huggles Dee*

I never did finish watching West Wing

Comment

*squishy huggles Dee*

I didn't like the seventh season, if you want to finish it, my advice: watch first ep and then the last two They have everything.
                  sigpic

Comment

Don't send the postcards to Pol's mom until her birthday, which is on September 21.
                    sigpic

Comment

Don't send the postcards to Pol's mom until her birthday, which is on September 21.
                      We're not sending them to her directly as I understood it, but to Pol, or a friend of hers, and the postcards will be presented to Pols mum on her birthday But good to know I'm not late!
                      sigpic

Comment

It's apparently a friend.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                          I didn't like the seventh season, if you want to finish it, my advice: watch first ep and then the last two They have everything.
                          I went off the whole thing once Jimmy Smit's character appeared I might just do what you suggest, just to get to the end of it

Pol wanted them sent as soon as possible so that they'd get them collected in plenty of time for the birthday

Comment

I went off the whole thing once Jimmy Smit's character appeared I might just do what you suggest, just to get to the end of it
                            Yeah, I didn't like him much and hated the divided cast
                            sigpic

Comment

Ah yes, but it takes longer, which is good
                              Unless you're tired and just want to go to sleep.

May I say "It's about time!"?
                              Hmph! Indeed. Although it has been painted a couple of times (hence why I have orange towels; it used to be bright orange with the loudest floral jungle shower curtain you ever saw.) But now I can rip the whole thing out, stick the actual shower in a less headscratchingly baffling place and - most importantly - I think I will take the opportunity to move the wall and make the bathroom a little smaller so Benjabubs can have a bigger bedroom. I think I've uhmmed and Ahhed over it for long enough and I ought to just pay out and get it done.

I'm trying to find a bright side to look upon.......... hm...........

I guess if I can find cute guy to do it all, and the weather is still hot..........

Yep, that could definitely qualify as a bright side
                              Sadly, the people I find to do my handyman jobs are all related to me. I can lend them out though; can't say any of them are cute without a shirt on, mind.

*squishy huggles Dee*

Me neither. I will do one day though.

*squishy huggles Dee* That's kind of sweet in a sort of creepy way.
                              sigpic

Comment

Unless you're tired and just want to go to sleep.
                                I don't think I've ever been that tired

Hmph! Indeed. Although it has been painted a couple of times (hence why I have orange towels; it used to be bright orange with the loudest floral jungle shower curtain you ever saw.) But now I can rip the whole thing out, stick the actual shower in a less headscratchingly baffling place and - most importantly - I think I will take the opportunity to move the wall and make the bathroom a little smaller so Benjabubs can have a bigger bedroom. I think I've uhmmed and Ahhed over it for long enough and I ought to just pay out and get it done.
                                Yes you have - get on with it!

Sadly, the people I find to do my handyman jobs are all related to me. I can lend them out though; can't say any of them are cute without a shirt on, mind.
                                Considering the only shirtless male I've seen lately is the ugly half-nekkid guy next door, I'm willing to risk it

Comment

Working...
                                X