No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All though I was never given this privelege - my mother had the ultimate lunch. Every day my grandmother (my Mom's mother) would bring my Mom lunch. She would cook it or prepare it at home and walk to my Mom's school. Also my Mom had a friend that many times had a very small lunch or no lunch at all so my grandmother started bringing lunch for her as well. Now most people would think my Mom was spoiled, but she really wasn't. She just had the most awesome Mother there was (next to my own, of course!) And my Grandmother thought the school lunches back then were terrible and should not be fed to children! And sandwiches were something you had on special occasions like picnics but not for an every day meal. This went on until my Mom went to middle school!
    sigpic

Comment

When I was in senior school I used to go home for lunch because I didn't like the school dinners (besides which, it meant I could meet up with the boyfriend for awhile ). When I was in my final year, my family moved to a town about five miles away. Since I was doing my GCE's I didn't want to change schools, so I was allowed to stay and I went to a friend's house for lunch every day.

Comment

only our seniors (last year of school) are allowed to go off-campus during lunchtime. Most of them do. Some go home, but the majority go for some sort of fast food - very high in calories and fat!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
          only our seniors (last year of school) are allowed to go off-campus during lunchtime. Most of them do. Some go home, but the majority go for some sort of fast food - very high in calories and fat!
          Even way way back when I was in high school - only seniors were allowed to leave campus as well. And they use to patrol entrances into the place to see who left!
          sigpic

Comment

Okay, this is a pretty random and out of context post, but this one reminded me of you guys here...

*goes back to being a lurker*
            Attached Files
            sigpic
            Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
            Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
              Lots of kids from our local senior school go to the fish and chip shop, despite the fact that nobody is actually allowed to leave school premises at lunchtime

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
              Okay, this is a pretty random and out of context post, but this one reminded me of you guys here...

*goes back to being a lurker*

Comment

Had a very lucky day = found a $5 bill on the ground as I was heading towards my car at the supermarket. Looked around and saw no one anywhere near me - so I kept it! Always nice to have "found" money.
                sigpic

Comment

found money is that special gift from the cosmos...best I ever found was a tenner.
                  sigpic

Comment

From the Met Office:

Issued at: Saturday 13 July 2013 at 15:44

There is a 90 % probability of heatwave conditions between 1500 on Saturday and 2000 on Sunday in parts of England.

High temperatures have been observed today, Saturday 13 July 2013, across Yorkshire and the Humber, the East of England, Southeast England, London and parts of Southwest England. High temperatures are expected to continue during Sunday 14 July across southern parts of the UK with threshold criteria being met in the Southwest, leading to a Heat Health Watch Level 3 here. Other mentioned areas remain at Level 2.

We had 33C here today

Comment

Was definitely too much for me today.....felt very ill earlier and was starting to talk gibberish on Skype to my friend in Oz...

Had a lukewarm shower (apparently better than cold for cooling off the hot areas) and do feel a tad better now...been guzzling water like it's going out of fashion though..not looking forward to tomorrow one bit..

Stay safe all affected by extreme & abnormal heat....it's a bit too much for this pasty faced Brit...

Deeds xx
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                      MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

It's 38c here right now. Needless to say, I'm not going outside.
                        sigpic

Comment

*thud*
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                          MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Our weather is quite lovely.

*hides*
                            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Yesterday's outside temp: 32C. In pool temp 29C. Although I have cooled it down today by adding the 2 inches of water my brothers and neighbours splashed out of it yesterday.
                              Did not sleep well last night though, despite the fans.

I'm useless at finding money but my brother once found a £50 note and hubby once found a wallet with £800 in it. Unfortunately it was on the bus he was driving so he had to hand it in.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                                Yesterday's outside temp: 32C. In pool temp 29C. Although I have cooled it down today by adding the 2 inches of water my brothers and neighbours splashed out of it yesterday.
                                Did not sleep well last night though, despite the fans.

I'm useless at finding money but my brother once found a £50 note and hubby once found a wallet with £800 in it. Unfortunately it was on the bus he was driving so he had to hand it in.
                                Actually I once found a lump of money next to the curb outside my hairdressers business. Went back inside and asked but no one claimed it - so it became mine. Think it was $19. Paid for my trim (back in those days at least).

And my Mom once found a wallet with no identification in it that had almost $700 inside. It was outside a grocery store. She went back in and asked if anyone lost it but no one had reported it. The clerk said she would take care of it, but my Mother wisely gave the clerk her phone number and said if anyone comes looking have her call. About 2 hours later she received a frantic call from an elderly woman. Even though there was no id, she could describe the wallet which was a really weird color and had an emblem on it. My mother met her outside the store about 30 minutes later. Turns out this was the woman's only income (her social security) - she didn't have a bank account and would cash it each month, pay her rent in cash, etc. Foolish woman. She was lucky it was someone like my Mom who found it and not someone with less of a conscience. I remember she offered my Mom a reward but she wouldn't even take it. That poor woman probably lived off of every dime she made and not very well.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X