The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*waves to Claire* It was great to see you, however briefly

That obnoxious woman that was on tv last week judging children by their names is now on a new tack - judging people by their hair colour Apparently, people with red/ginger hair are hard to love Yeah, 'cos nobody loves me or LJ, right?

Comment

We do love you and LJ.

...It's just very hard.

Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
        We do love you and LJ.

...It's just very hard.

And yet, so many people are willing to put in the effort for us

Comment

judging people by something that was given to them by their parents (names) or hair color (born with)!!! I thought we had the corner on idiots here. Sarah Palin (former governor of Alaska) said a week or so ago that global warming was going to bring back the dinosaurs.
          sigpic

Comment

There are some very strange people in this world

Comment

We do love you and LJ.

...It's just very hard.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
              And yet, so many people are willing to put in the effort for us
              Indeed. Who woodn't!

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
              judging people by something that was given to them by their parents (names) or hair color (born with)!!! I thought we had the corner on idiots here.
              Nah, we're got just as many bonkers crazy numptys over here.

She said that she would not let her children play with children with "chavvy" names (citing names like Kylie, Charmaine, Tyler and people named after places etc.) as on her no list. The crazy daft thing is, one of her children is called India. You mind you don't trip over the pots while you're polishing yer kettle luv!
              Basically she's just a stuck up snob. But while I DO NOT in any way agree with her attitude, I think there is an underlying message/issue. In the UK at least (possibly less elsewhere) I think it is human nature to look at the name of a person and make a judgement on their class and social status. We do the same when we look at the clothes someone is wearing or the car they drive or the hairstyle they chose or the music they listen to. Rightly or wrongly it is human nature to make -often incorrect - judgements on people based on first impressions. We all do it to a greater or lesser extent but I would hope the best of us are able to push aside out initial opinions and give people a chance to show who they really are.
              Sadly she's not the sort that would and I feel kind of sorry for her children.
              sigpic

Comment

What really is sad is that there are people out there that look to your name hater or our Sarah Palin and agree with them. They aren't articulate enough to express it on their own terms but will quote the heck out of these women (and others like them) as if they were quoting the gosple!

Oh and I read that article about Palin and it surprised her when the reporter said the dinasaurs bit came from a movie not reality. She quetioned him like "are you sure?"
                sigpic

Comment

Looks like Cags will be in the pool all week-end............

From the Met. Office:

Current watch level: Level 2 - Alert and Readiness in one or more regions of England and Wales

Issued at: Thursday 11 July 2013 at 08:59

There is a 70 % probability of heatwave conditions between 1200 on Friday and 2000 on Sunday in parts of England.

Temperatures are expected to climb close to heatwave thresholds across the East Midlands and Yorkshire and the Humber regions during Friday and Saturday, then the highest temperatures transfer southwards to affect East of England, Southeast England, London and parts of Southwest England during Saturday and Sunday. West Midlands may also get close to heatwave criteria, mainly towards Birmingham and Warwick, with the warmest temperatures on Saturday.

Comment

wanna swap your heatwave for our current weather? it's was just mildly hot for me in London!
                    sigpic
                    My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Don't be so harsh.
                      This is a sci-fi forum. Don't we all believe in the return of dinosaurs?
                      I can just picture them running around in Vancouver... *nods*

No. What's really bad is Obama getting slammed for saying he likes broccoli!

Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

the President (every President) gets slammed for what they do and what they don't do
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                          the President (every President) gets slammed for what they do and what they don't do
                          As stupid as that can sometimes be, it does make sense. I think we all hope that the ones in power positions are flawless, even if we do manage to keep in mind that they're only human.

I just also believe that there should be no messin' with The Broccoli. Ever.

sigpic

Comment

So President Obama likes broccoli? Does this mean he's a Woohoo?

I do feel the need to post this now though...

Which of course was based on the fact that President Bush (Snr.) famously didn't like broccoli... Who knew broccoli had such a controversial role in American politics?!
                            sigpic
                            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

I hope this won't get us on any sekrit watch lists, but yes.
                              I think President Obama is a WooHoo.

And I think you're on to something with the broccoli there...

sigpic

Comment

I hope this won't get us on any sekrit watch lists, but yes.
                                I think President Obama is a WooHoo.

And I think you're on to something with the broccoli there...

I think it's far too late for that
                                sigpic
                                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Working...
                                X