Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    ..... and here's the pic.......

http://s247.photobucket.com/user/jum...large.jpg.html http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...e.jpg~original

He looks tired........

Laurie, I had already gone to bed - GW shows people as being here when they're not quite often
    No problem - I realized that after I checked back!
    sigpic

Comment

How does ruining a portrait of the Queen with spray paint further the cause of Fathers 4 Justice? My reaction was: .... and they expect to be allowed access to their children when they've just proved that they are thoughtless, childish vandals?

Comment

Not knowing the background of the situation, just going on the surface of things, I would have to agree. "Childish vandalism" is such a great parental example, isn't it?
        sigpic

Comment

Obviously these "Dads" believe in the old adage: Do as I say, not as I do!

Obviously they are way too ignorant as adults (and parents) to know it is always the other way around!
          sigpic

Comment

Nola, Fathers 4 Justice are a group who help dads that have been denied access to their children, for whatever reason. The portrait that has been vandalised is one that was painted last year to celebrate our Queen's 60th anniversary, which has been displayed in Westminster Abbey since then. F4J's spokesman says that this protest was not an official one, but that it was carried out by one of their members. This is what they always say when their members' actions receive a negative reaction from the public - I have no doubt that if it had been met with cheers they wood have had no trouble claiming it as an 'official' F4J protest

Quite right Laurie!

Comment

So, they are upset with the judges who have ruled against them, so they vandalize the portrait of the monarch? Like SHE had anything to do with them being bad enough parents to have been denied access? Logic fail.
              sigpic

Comment

It's a little more complicated than that Nola, since it's not always to do with court rulings - more often it's the mothers making access difficult or impossible that causes the problems. Sometimes, but not always, the children's mothers have good reason to go against the court's decision. Other times there is no reason other than sheer spite. Vandalism and other acts of idiocy are what F4J do to get attention and publicity for what are often, but not always, very unfair situations.

But as you say, nothing to do with the Queen It will probably cost a fortune to have the painting repaired, and nothing has been achieved except giving the general public reason to be annoyed and upset on her behalf And what a time to try to upset her, with her beloved Philip still in hospital recovering from surgery

Comment

I drink my coffee black and rarely eat cereal, so in an effort to get more calcium into my system I just drank a cup of milky tea..........

Comment

I drink my coffee black and rarely eat cereal, so in an effort to get more calcium into my system I just drank a cup of milky tea..........

A shame you had to ruin a perfectly good cup of tea!
                    sigpic

Comment

It's a little more complicated than that Nola, since it's not always to do with court rulings - more often it's the mothers making access difficult or impossible that causes the problems. Sometimes, but not always, the children's mothers have good reason to go against the court's decision. Other times there is no reason other than sheer spite. Vandalism and other acts of idiocy are what F4J do to get attention and publicity for what are often, but not always, very unfair situations.

But as you say, nothing to do with the Queen It will probably cost a fortune to have the painting repaired, and nothing has been achieved except giving the general public reason to be annoyed and upset on her behalf And what a time to try to upset her, with her beloved Philip still in hospital recovering from surgery

It's downright disrespectful to the artist too.

I can drink tea without milk but prefer it with (unless if herbal/green). Coffee on the other hand, either with milk and sugar or without either.

Martin still looks lovely even when tired. Good to see him working hard. Slightly disapointed at the lack of hands in that picture though.

Thanks for sharing Claire and Jumble.
                      sigpic

Comment

Go for some Greek yogurt for extra calcium.

Okay, I understand now that there are many and complex reasons for no access. Seems a bit odd that all these men would band together when there ARE so many different backgrounds in each case. Just hard to wrap my head around. I couldn't see a bunch of folks forming an organization for something like no access to driving for example. They may have lost a license for many reasons - health, repeated bad driving or serious infractions like driving drunk, or even just inability to afford a private car. Just seems strange to me to have an organization of men on what are in reality, very private, individual crusades.
                        sigpic

Comment

*huggles Martin*
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                            my same thought!
                            sigpic
                            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                              What? Don't you put milk in your tea? That's even more yuk! and defeats the object

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                              It's downright disrespectful to the artist too.
                              It is

I can drink tea without milk but prefer it with (unless if herbal/green). Coffee on the other hand, either with milk and sugar or without either.
                              I believe it's been said before - you're weird!

Martin still looks lovely even when tired. Good to see him working hard. Slightly disappointed at the lack of hands in that picture though.
                              He does Looks like he's lost some weight too........ I hope they're not working him too hard

Thanks for sharing Claire and Jumble.
                              You're welcome Haven't seen many pics of Martin around here lately..............

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                              Go for some Greek yogurt for extra calcium.
                              More than ordinary yogurt? I may have to resort to that - not supposed to eat much cheese, so I need to get calcium from somewhere

Okay, I understand now that there are many and complex reasons for no access. Seems a bit odd that all these men would band together when there ARE so many different backgrounds in each case. Just hard to wrap my head around. I couldn't see a bunch of folks forming an organization for something like no access to driving for example. They may have lost a license for many reasons - health, repeated bad driving or serious infractions like driving drunk, or even just inability to afford a private car. Just seems strange to me to have an organization of men on what are in reality, very private, individual crusades.
                              I suppose I could say something really sexist, like 'What do you expect? Men can't do anything without somebody holding their hands', but that wood be unfair on the minority that actually can

Don't try to understand it Nola, you'll give yourself a headache

Comment

I believe it's been said before - you're weird!
                                Weirder than Nad?

More than ordinary yogurt? I may have to resort to that - not supposed to eat much cheese, so I need to get calcium from somewhere
                                I love Greek yoghurt, with some granola or fresh chopped fruit, and honey drizzled over it... but it's so fattening! I have to stop myself buying it every week; if I'm going to eat fattening foods, I'd rather eat custard creams. At least they don't go all sneaky on me by pretending to be healthy.

(FWIW, rich tea biscuits are the least fattening. Also my favourites. )

I suppose I could say something really sexist, like 'What do you expect? Men can't do anything without somebody holding their hands', but that wood be unfair on the minority that actually can
                                I can think of at least one thing all men can do well without you holding their hand. In fact, I suspect holding their hand might actually be a hinderance in that case. Although... sometimes not.

I have to say, my experience of the opposite sex has been mostly positive. A great hubby, good father, 4 decent(ish) brothers, and a bunch of nephews who... ok sometimes they're all hard work but they all rally when I need them to and have proven not to be entirely useless. I've only dated one complete seeabovecomment of a bloke and I dropped him quick enough when he bragged to me about his new car radio and how he'd lifted it out of another car. Er, no thanks; don't want a criminal as a boyfriend.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X