The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
    And... yes Sarai I will look out for the cloud feature.
    "Feature"

EDIT: I'm so immature...

Comment

Well I don't want to give the shock surprise away to anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

Shuffle along the immaturity bench a bit, I'm coming to join you.

Oh, and who doesn't want one of these. Sadly mine is not even close to being this awesome, but we HAVE to get one installed in the Woohoo house's garden.

sigpic

Comment

WooHoos have a house? and a garden?
        sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah. I think Nad has the plans somewhere.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
            I'd be up for that panel too
            Sweet! So shall we get tickets then?

Alas it's not going to be possible for me I think. Benjabubs is the problem because I'm fairly certain I read somewhere that he'd also need a ticket and that's when it gets expensive. Plus I doubt he'd sit still that long (unless there's DS bribery involved )
            I can probably do the pic though, because he doesn't have to be in it.
            However if you two want to go, please don't let me stop you. I think there will be plenty to see and do there to occupy me and Ben while you're enjoying the talk.
            True. Shame, but you're right that if you have to buy a ticket for Ben too that makes it rather pricey.

I will ditto what you said there back at you. You're less likely to get another chance at the two of them together than I will of one of Amanda on her own.
            Also true

Ok the pool is up! I mean properly up, pump serviced and connected up and pool has been shock treated to prime it for swimming in (hopefully in a day or two when the weather WILL get warmer *shakes fist at clouds* - supposed to be 25 degrees at the weekend so all is good. ).
            Oh really? Here's hoping for that! Not impressed by the cold and greyness today

Oh and I am finally going to see Star Trek Into Darkness on Wednesday. Sadly just 2D because it's finished its 3D run here but pleased to be going. Ewan's coming with me because he's not seen it yet and wants to so we won't be sad old Billy-No-Mates this way... er, last time I went to the cinema with him we sat in the back row and did what comes naturally to horny teenagers. La la la... I think it was The Secret Of My Success showing. I Feel Old! And... yes Sarai I will look out for the cloud feature.
            Enjoy! I saw it in 2D by choice, because I don't really like 3D films, I have to say.

On a related subject, have you seen they've expanded the list of cinemas showing Much Ado About Nothing? It's coming to Oxford, hurrah! I thought I was going to have to go to Henley
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Hello all! How was everyone's weekend? Mine was rather boring, it wasn't all that busy at work so I was bored out of my skull for most of it.
              Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                Sweet! So shall we get tickets then?
                Yes

True. Shame, but you're right that if you have to buy a ticket for Ben too that makes it rather pricey.
                Cags, couldn't you get Ben minded for a couple of hours?

Oh really? Here's hoping for that! Not impressed by the cold and greyness today
                Me neither

Enjoy! I saw it in 2D by choice, because I don't really like 3D films, I have to say.
                I never liked 3D either until I saw The Hobbit - things have changed a lot from when 3D started. The Hobbit was Awesome!

I've been thinking for awhile that I should look into changing from Virgin because it was costing me a fortune A Sky salesman knocked on my door earlier - saved me a phonecall I can get everything I currently have with Virgin, and Sky will charge me £21 a month less

Comment

That is a substantial sum to save!

My weekend was good. Yesterday we had the family birthday party for the youngest grandson - he turned 6 this week. My daughters saw the tee shirt and mug I had made with one of the logos I designed and begged me for them too. So I ordered more Saturday the hubster and I had our usual "date night" in the morning - massage and then out to lunch. Of course I woke up with a migraine at 3:30 this morning Ah well, at least it was a good weekend.
                  sigpic

Comment

On a related subject, have you seen they've expanded the list of cinemas showing Much Ado About Nothing? It's coming to Oxford, hurrah! I thought I was going to have to go to Henley
                    Yay! I need to go see that. I think it's Brentford for me, which isn't ideal but not too far away.

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
                    Hello all! How was everyone's weekend? Mine was rather boring, it wasn't all that busy at work so I was bored out of my skull for most of it.

Hello! Weekend was eventful and boring in equal measures.

Yes

Cags, couldn't you get Ben minded for a couple of hours?
                    The whole point of me going in the first place was to take Ben as a treat - give him some conventional convention experience so to speak. I didn't really plan on actually going with anyone else when I first thought of booking... then got chatting to you... then you know the rest.

I've been thinking for awhile that I should look into changing from Virgin because it was costing me a fortune A Sky salesman knocked on my door earlier - saved me a phonecall I can get everything I currently have with Virgin, and Sky will charge me £21 a month less
                    Oddly enough I switched from Sky to Virgin last year for the same reason with almost exactly the same saving. They offer the best packages to new customers. There really is no such thing as customer loyalty is there. I'm not overly impressed with Virgin though; 4 times I've lost TV and broadband in a little over 8 months. Never lost BB once with Sky. Lost TV loads mind; every time there was a thunderstom or heavy snow but usually only for minutes at a time. I will wait out my 18 month contract with Virgin and look around again for what's the cheapest deal and maybe switch. Still have the Sky dish up so it's no skin off my nose either way.
                    sigpic

Comment

The whole point of me going in the first place was to take Ben as a treat - give him some conventional convention experience so to speak. I didn't really plan on actually going with anyone else when I first thought of booking... then got chatting to you... then you know the rest.
                      I know But then, Ben has had the con experience at Ch8.0, and the panel wood only be a small part of the week-end *shrugs*.

Oddly enough I switched from Sky to Virgin last year for the same reason with almost exactly the same saving. They offer the best packages to new customers. There really is no such thing as customer loyalty is there. I'm not overly impressed with Virgin though; 4 times I've lost TV and broadband in a little over 8 months. Never lost BB once with Sky. Lost TV loads mind; every time there was a thunderstorm or heavy snow but usually only for minutes at a time. I will wait out my 18 month contract with Virgin and look around again for what's the cheapest deal and maybe switch. Still have the Sky dish up so it's no skin off my nose either way.
                      They're doing the TV bit first, and then I'll have 14 days to decide whether to keep it, so we'll see. I've had very little trouble with Virgin/NTL over all the years that I've been with them, I just felt that what I was paying for it was way to much. Sky did give me a new customer deal, but the guy assured me that when the 12 month contract runs out I can ask for it to be extended at the same price. It'll be interesting to see what Virgin offer me when I tell them I'm cancelling

Comment

Yay! I need to go see that. I think it's Brentford for me, which isn't ideal but not too far away.

Hello! Weekend was eventful and boring in equal measures.

[snip]
                        At least it was eventful.
                        Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Yes
                          Lovely jubbly I'll get myself an entry ticket for the Saturday and a ticket for the AT/MS talk then And probably for the photo as well
                          sigpic

Comment

Lovely jubbly I'll get myself an entry ticket for the Saturday and a ticket for the AT/MS talk then And probably for the photo as well
                            I think we've got week-end tickets

I knew you'd talk yourself into the photo I'm still thinking about what I'll get.........

Comment

I knew you'd talk yourself into the photo I'm still thinking about what I'll get.........
                              Yeah, but I'm only going to come down for the one day. Since the AT/MS talk is Saturday I'll come for them
                              sigpic

Comment

We have but the weekend ticket was only £10 each when I bought it and I think the daily one was £6 or something so I think we just thought get a weekender and decide nearer the time what day to go (or whether to go both days). As it happens they have sent them all as individual tickets for each day/person, so we could sell on the Sunday tickets if you don't want to go on the Sunday. Probably won't get much for them but it'll go towards lunch.
                                I didn't get the early bird ones either. 11am is just fine (means we can have a leisurely brekkie in the cafe and jump a bus and tube straight there (about 45 minutes from the cafe. )

Yeah, but I'm only going to come down for the one day. Since the AT/MS talk is Saturday I'll come for them
                                I was going to ask if you wanted bed and board for a night?

I know But then, Ben has had the con experience at Ch8.0, and the panel wood only be a small part of the week-end *shrugs*.
                                Yeah. Unfortunately it's local but not that local. I can't drop him home for just the talk or half the day I don't think. Of course I suppose I could leave him home on the Saturday and take him on the Sunday since I have tickets for both days... hmm, have to think about that now.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X