Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
    Er.. I reckon you'll do that anyway.
    I didn't the first time - partly because I was taken by surprise and partly because there were so many people watching to see if I wood

Yay, hello Sammie. Quite a lot of people I know are going. Well it's a tenner huh, may as well. I may or may not be getting additional autos/photos depending on finances.
    I must admit, I wrote it on the calender this morning and thought only a month away.
    Still pondering on autos/photos.........

Comment

I said I wasn't going to get any as I was just going for the con experience and, mostly, a wander around the dealers etc. But you know I might if I can justify it. There's one or two that I'd be interested in.
      sigpic

Comment

I was just looking at the LFCC prices and things. Have to admit I'm kinda tempted by the joint photo with Amanda and Michael Shanks...
        sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
          I was just looking at the LFCC prices and things. Have to admit I'm kinda tempted by the joint photo with Amanda and Michael Shanks...
          Really? I thought that one was very overpriced But then, I'm not exactly enamoured of MS *shrugs*

I should take a look, since I can't remember who else will be there apart from Jason Mamoa

Comment

So I just found out the storm name for M this year is my name! I can't wait for that.
            Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
              Really? I thought that one was very overpriced But then, I'm not exactly enamoured of MS *shrugs*

I should take a look, since I can't remember who else will be there apart from Jason Mamoa
              Well yeah, I did think it was a bit expensive. But it's Sam and Daniel! *ponders*
              sigpic

Comment

I have to say, given the cost of a photo with any one person at Chevron was only £10 to £15 I think it's steep. But then again, Chevron entry price is a lot more (but you get more for it too). If you're only paying £10 entry ticket for a whole weekend at LFCC, then it stands to reason the costs will be passed on in the sigs and autos. In that sense, I don't think it's unreasonable. Some of the photo/autos are cheap and some are for more in demand people (or sometimes ones with bigger egos ) so they cost more. There's a couple of Game Of Thrones stars there charging £30 for a photo on their own. Personally, I wouldn't pay that; I think £20 for one person is about my limit really.
                sigpic

Comment

I got the tickets for AT/MS talk, photo ops with Amanda, Michael and MS/AT.
                  Then I'll buy an autograph of Michael and Lexa.
                  I'm not a great fan of Daniel and I don't really follow MS' s career, but I won't ever see him again so I thought to go for it. Morever he seems a very kind man. Both he and Lexa talked with me many times on twitter.
                  I saw the prices for GoT actors! Really too much for me...but if there will be the possibility to have a photo on the Throne..I may get it!
                  I asked about a Continuum panel and they told me it there will be, maybe it will be free. They told me that as soon as they know something they will inform me.
                  sigpic
                  My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Well yeah, I did think it was a bit expensive. But it's Sam and Daniel! *ponders*
                    And probably a rare chance to get them both together in the UK, so worth it from that point of view if you want it

I have to say, given the cost of a photo with any one person at Chevron was only £10 to £15 I think it's steep. But then again, Chevron entry price is a lot more (but you get more for it too). If you're only paying £10 entry ticket for a whole weekend at LFCC, then it stands to reason the costs will be passed on in the sigs and autos. In that sense, I don't think it's unreasonable. Some of the photo/autos are cheap and some are for more in demand people (or sometimes ones with bigger egos ) so they cost more. There's a couple of Game Of Thrones stars there charging £30 for a photo on their own. Personally, I wouldn't pay that; I think £20 for one person is about my limit really.
                    By that reasoning, it makes sense, and if you consider the price of AT events you'd get a lot of pics/autos/talks before you'll have spent that much at LFCC

Comment

^^Yes indeed on both counts

When you think about it, it is all a lot of money for what is basically just a few seconds. But you're paying for the opportunity to meet them and they'll set the price based on what people are going to be willing to pay.

I wouldn't pay for a pic with Amanda at this one because I've got and will get already from the AT events. But her and MS together is definitely tempting me. (Although I have just paid for my chevron 8.1 ticket and paid for my photos at chevron 8.0 already this month and I am supposed to be being careful what with flat-buying and all ) I'll think on it...
                      sigpic

Comment

Only few weeks to go and then we all will meet. But I have a little problem. I paid for my tickets and I still didn't get them .. I already sent three emails to Showmasters and nothing happend. I am afraid that I won't get them in time. I would like to buy the ticket for joint photo with AT and MS but I am afraid that they won't send me this one either.
                        Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
                        / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

Sammie you should get them closer to the time. It always seems to be super close to the event.
                          sigpic
                          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

When you think about it, it is all a lot of money for what is basically just a few seconds. But you're paying for the opportunity to meet them and they'll set the price based on what people are going to be willing to pay.
                            Yep, and there will be a lot of people willing to pay

I wouldn't pay for a pic with Amanda at this one because I've got and will get already from the AT events. But her and MS together is definitely tempting me. (Although I have just paid for my chevron 8.1 ticket and paid for my photos at chevron 8.0 already this month and I am supposed to be being careful what with flat-buying and all ) I'll think on it...
                            Same here, I have several pics and autos with Amanda (more than most because of the Set Tour)...... but I'm thinking that I might get one with her just to have a chance to chat for a couple of minutes. Not sure

You could have waited to pay for Ch8.1 - I really didn't need it yet

I'm off to Becky's to see if I can help her solve a monumental problem

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                              I got the tickets for AT/MS talk, photo ops with Amanda, Michael and MS/AT.
                              Then I'll buy an autograph of Michael and Lexa.
                              I'm not a great fan of Daniel and I don't really follow MS' s career, but I won't ever see him again so I thought to go for it. Morever he seems a very kind man. Both he and Lexa talked with me many times on twitter.
                              I saw the prices for GoT actors! Really too much for me...but if there will be the possibility to have a photo on the Throne..I may get it!
                              I asked about a Continuum panel and they told me it there will be, maybe it will be free. They told me that as soon as they know something they will inform me.

I don't pay for AT photos since a) I have a bunch and b)they are included in your admission to Gabit events but I did get an AT/MS photo from one con. Turned out to be one of my best photos ever. It was a Creation event so it was over in the blink of an eye but the picture itself turned out very well. Even having MS's arm around me for a brief moment was worth it. I say go for it! Don't recall the cost of that photo but I know the AT/CJ one in Chicago is $120.00.

An AT/MS panel? How much fun would that be?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Hi EH-T, the panel will be £20.00, Amanda's photo and her auto's are £25.00 each and Michael's will be £20.00 each. The joint photo will be £50.00, but I think so worth it.

Jumble if you are going to try and have a few minutes to talk with Amanda, you might want to try and do that in the afternoon, hoping that she might be less busy then. As I think she will be busy in the morning and as a crew member, we will be wanting to get a lot of the attendees to meet her. I will be crewing all 3 days and hoping to guest assist you know who on the Saturday.

As you all know I have been trying to get photos with Amanda with me wearing her costumes, but as I keep buying more I am having to spend a fortune at LFCC to get more.
                                Looking forward to see lots of you there.
                                xx
                                sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

Working...
                                X