The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    Not so in the UK - it's down to the sufferer to do the right thing Becky has epilepsy, and she gave up her license voluntarily. She has been fit-free for more than a year but still feels that it wood be too risky for her to drive her children around knowing that she still could have a seizure at any time.
    The problem with the UK is that the law states you're supposed to notify the DVLA if you have a medical condition like epilepsy or something that might affect your driving, but the practice is that the onus is on the person to do so, not the medical professional treating them.
    There's a dazzling array of conditions you need to notify them of though: https://www.gov.uk/health-conditions-and-driving (although some of them on the list are just to say you don't need to tell them. Hmm, if you have OCD, you may need to tell the DVLA!

*huggles* LJ Ouchy. Did that myself once. not fun. Not fun at all. Heal well and quickly.
    sigpic

Comment

*hugs LJ* - when I did that, I had the absolute worst time trying to go up stairs. Somehow that particular motion of my hips sent my tailbone into fits.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
        Back from the dentist, left side of my mouth frozen, but the cavity filling that fell last night as I was eating (weirdest thing, I had no idea what it was at first) is all repaired. I was lucky to get a appointment right away. I called first thing this morning and had no class this afternoon. Trying to drink water at the moment... and failing considerably. I can't feel the rim of the glass on my lips!
        Oh, that must have been fun!

Originally posted by Luvnjoe View Post
        *waddles in* I broke my tail bone. Yeah, 1013 has been a tough year already!
        Yikes! *hugs*

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        Ouchie! Hope you feel better soon *hugs*

And I see you've been time-travelling
        Well... this is sci-fi fandom.
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by Luvnjoe View Post
          *waddles in* I broke my tail bone. Yeah, 1013 has been a tough year already!
          OW! That does sound painful. Can you keep it in 1013 and then come back to 2013 without it! Well just thought it might work! Feel better soon.
          sigpic

Comment

*is alone*
            *builds campfire*

Nekkid.
            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

*roasts marshmallows on Nad's campfire*

Last dance class ever tonight. I do have on-stage rehearsals and such things over the next two weeks, but tonight is my last 'official' class. Feels weird to be leaving.
              sigpic
              Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
              My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
              Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Time travel and campfires? Wow, this place is really living up to its 1969 roots
                sigpic
                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Well, we do have awesome roots

And now I have this song stuck in my head.
                  ...Because it's just so WooHoodStock.

sigpic

Comment

Popping out of my persistent state of lurkdom to say hope you heal soon LJ, that sounds painful !

In other news, just seen the Castle season finale.....

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                      Popping out of my persistent state of lurkdom to say hope you heal soon LJ, that sounds painful !

Spoiler:
                      Not exactly what I would call a spoiler! But I agree!
                      sigpic

Comment

I haven't seen it yet, but I know! (Youtube spoiled me, not my fault. It was in my rec vids on my home page. I was frustrated.)
                        sigpic
                        Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                        My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                        Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Been so quiet here recently - is everyone on vacation - can't be because you lost interest. No one on the site..... wonders off in search of a broccoli cookie!
                          sigpic

Comment

Ah well you know where I've been; washing the car thanks to the flock of seagulls that decorated it for me this morning. The inside was just as filthy, and I discovered a nice fat chip at the top (which I had thought was a dead bug - must clean the car more often). 4 hours and one attempt at electrocuting myself later it's spic and span inside and out. Job well done.

Originally posted by Sarai View Post

Spoiler:

Kind of my thoughts...

Castle 5x24
                            Spoiler:

I have to admit I wasn't overly surprised by it. Marlowe is a great writer but he often uses the conceit of misdirection by going for the blatantly obvious because everyone will say he won't do that because it is so obvious. If that makes any sense.

I'm still not sure how I feel about it all. Part of me wants to punch the air and hiss "yess" and part of me thinks the dance isn't over yet. But then again, nobody's really expecting her to say yes so maybe it'll be written that she does just to screw with our heads a bit.

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                            I haven't seen it yet, but I know! (Youtube spoiled me, not my fault. It was in my rec vids on my home page. I was frustrated.)
                            Ack, that's irritating. I was trying to be so careful not to spoil people but it is hard. I hope you enjoy it anyway when you do see it.

I just watched the Doctor Who finale and...

Spoiler:
                            Oh my freaking... Excellent. Total hokum of course but I really loved the flashbacks to past doctors and... John Hurt? Is he the new doctor then? Oh my, if he is... talk about going the unobvious route. I'd love that.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                              Kind of my thoughts...

Castle 5x24
                              Spoiler:

I have to admit I wasn't overly surprised by it. Marlowe is a great writer but he often uses the conceit of misdirection by going for the blatantly obvious because everyone will say he won't do that because it is so obvious. If that makes any sense.

I'm still not sure how I feel about it all. Part of me wants to punch the air and hiss "yess" and part of me thinks the dance isn't over yet. But then again, nobody's really expecting her to say yes so maybe it'll be written that she does just to screw with our heads a bit.

I'm with you!

Ack, that's irritating. I was trying to be so careful not to spoil people but it is hard. I hope you enjoy it anyway when you do see it.

I just watched the Doctor Who finale and...

Spoiler:
                              Oh my freaking... Excellent. Total hokum of course but I really loved the flashbacks to past doctors and... John Hurt? Is he the new doctor then? Oh my, if he is... talk about going the unobvious route. I'd love that.
                              I'm gonna watch it in an hour or so. Can't waiiiit!
                              sigpic
                              Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

I still have a about 2 1/2 hours until it airs here. Looking forward to it very much

Cags - want to come wash my horribly dirty car?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X