No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I googled myself a few weeks ago. Interesting that I am the ONLY one in the US at any rate with my name. As a public employee, there's way more info than I would like out there about me.
    sigpic

Comment

Googling myself, username and real name, doesn't give much results. EDIT My username gives you the song that inspired it (thanks to some friends who pointed it out to me) Google redirected the search. I clicked on my username and you find me alright. Every place I use it. I can't even google properly *sigh*.

My real name OTOH gives you other random people. It does help that I don't use my whole last name on FB. I don't want people to be able to find me through a google search.
      sigpic
      Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
      My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
      Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

I don't mind that it's easy to find my stuff on internet under my nickname. Not many people in RL know it.
        My surname is so rare that if you google my full name you can find:
        - a silly teenager who I never met but I have on fb (I have many people with my same surname cuz we were curious to see our geographic distribution)
        - about me there are only my publications on Chemical Journals. So it's fine to me.
        sigpic
        My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Googling my 'real' name brings up a lot of interesting people - none of them me

If I google 'Jumble' with my surname and then click 'images', this is the first pic that comes up.............

Which says it all really

Comment

My eldest grandson turns 16 today

Kids do make you smile - my three are singing the alphabet song, which apparently goes........

"..... j k l, emma and the pea........."

*sigh* I do love my job
            Last edited by Jumble; 15 May 2013, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
              My eldest grandson turns 16 today

Kids do make you smile - my three are singing the alphabet song, which apparently goes........

"..... j k l, emma and the pea........."

*sigh* I do love my job

Aw bless. Happy birthday to the not-so-little-man.

If I google my real name nothing about me comes up - lots of random people/places. If I search for my username here then lots of related stuff comes up (like my twitter, here, youtube account). But no photos, except the handful I'm happy to be in the public domain. I've managed to compartmentalise various areas of my life. Every now and again they sort of collide and it all feels a bit odd.
              sigpic

Comment

What's interesting is that googling Cagranosalis and then clicking 'images' brings up a lot of my artwork Plus a lot of Martin pics, a Dan pic, a Joe pic and a lot of some couple kissing

Comment

*shimmies in*
                  *hugs WooHoos*

If I google my real name this is the first actual me thing it gives after my FB account:

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread - Page 2189 - GateWorld Forum
                  forum.gateworld.net › ... › Stargate Fandom? Vertaal deze pagina

28 okt. 2010 – Nadine D.*giggles* Jumble said ''sex''. ... Nadine D.
                  No, I'm only playing with my bunny! ... Nadine D. I'm so misunderstood.
                  I guess Google knows what I'm all about.
                  If I never get a great job, this is why.
                  *nods*
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                  Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                    *shimmies in*
                    *hugs WooHoos*

If I google my name this is the first actual me thing it gives after my FB account:

I guess Google knows what I'm all about.
                    If I never get a great job, this is why.
                    *nods*
                    Indeed it does - hence the most important thing it finds to demonstrate about you is your obsession with sex, which you desperately try to hide! You even invented a word for it to hide your interest - Ickybah!

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                      Indeed it does - hence the most important thing it finds to demonstrate about you is your obsession with sex, which you desperately try to hide! You even invented a word for it to hide your interest - Ickybah!
                      I wood protest, but Google does make it look that way.
                      I do think it's a price I will have to pay for my crusade against the Ickybah . *sighs*

Happy birthday to Grandson One!
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Proof! Proof positive that Nad is the instigator of all things Ickybah. Even Google says so and if google says it, it must be true.
                        sigpic

Comment

Did no one read the ''I'm so misunderstood'' part there?

I'm going to use yahoo. At least that one is nice to me.

sigpic

Comment

I wood protest, but Google does make it look that way.
                            I do think it's a price I will have to pay for my crusade against the Ickybah . *sighs*

There's absolutely no point in protesting - we've met you, remember?

Happy birthday to Grandson One!
                            Thank you - I'll pass on the WooHoo birthday wishes to Lee

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                            Proof! Proof positive that Nad is the instigator of all things Ickybah. Even Google says so and if google says it, it must be true.
                            Exactly! I now feel totally vindicated

Did no one read the ''I'm so misunderstood'' part there?
                            We've read it many times - we just don't believe it anymore

I'm going to use yahoo. At least that one is nice to me.
                            Hm. We'll have to see what we can do to enlighten the yahoo PTB so that they can get their facts right

Comment

Hm. Apparently the law is about to be changed so that anyone found guilty of killing a police officer will get an actual life sentence, meaning never getting out alive. I take issue with that, because I don't see that a police officer's life should be set above the life of a child, or an old person, or anyone else for that matter. A life sentence should mean life - no exceptions!

Comment

There's also some discussion about the possibility of making people re-take their driving test at age 66. Why? Statistics show that only 6% of accidents involve elderly people, whereas 70% involve people under 30

I'm actually in favour of people re-taking the test, but it shouldn't be restricted to 'old' people, it should be mandatory for drivers that have been involved/caused more than one accident, those that are caught speeding more than once and those that lose their licenses because of drink driving. I had to re-take the test about 8 years ago because the DVLA lost my driver details and I couldn't legally drive unless I took the test I felt that I learned a lot by doing that and am a better driver for having been forced to re-focus my driving skills and learn things that had come into being since my original test some 30+ years previously.
                                Last edited by Jumble; 15 May 2013, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X