No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah well at least the pups are tucked up neat and safe and mum is happy enough. Keep us informed.

*huggles* LJ. Ear infections. No fun.

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
    In the middle of a battle of wills with the cat. I want her to take her medication, she doesn't want to! She figured out I was crushing up her tablets and putting them in her food and now she won't eat it But it's her own fault, if she will insist on fighting then she needs antibiotics and painkillers for the abscess on her tail that follows Add to that the fact she cost me £56 and I think she should do as she's told!
    I'm assuming you've seen the "How To Give A Cat A Pill" meme? http://www.corsinet.com/braincandy/hdogcat2.html if you haven't.
    I do feel your pain; mine cost me £104 last time I took her to the vets and she spits out most of her medication. Luckily it's a capsule with powder inside so now I empty into a tiny drop of water and syringe it down her throat. Fortunately she's not needed it for a while because the (also very expensive) prescription diet is keeping things at bay.

Now back to my attempt at learning kinetic typography. I'm spending a lot of the time looking like this >
    The what the what? Yes, I'm doing that face right now too.

*sends MR virtual hot water and blankets.*
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
      I'm assuming you've seen the "How To Give A Cat A Pill" meme? http://www.corsinet.com/braincandy/hdogcat2.html if you haven't.
      *clutches sides and gasps for breath*

How had I never seen that before?

I'd dispute the 'how to give a dog a pill' bit though. Dogs have an amazing ability to lick every last morsel of food off of the pill and spit it out intact.
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

You've never seen that? I thought that was an oldie. Cracks me up every time, although the printed version I had included mention of alcohol.

Congrats on your acceptance. I think I congratulated you on twitter or facebook or something but I get all befuddled with it sometimes.

Hmm, how did I miss a page of posts? And Ickybah too.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        You have to learn to be discreet

And choose carefully so as to avoid disappointment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post

I don't do discreet very well though... I do keep other people secrets well, but my own... they just come out of me in the most awkward moments
        I do. Do discreet that is. Oh I have so many secrets about so many people.

The internet of course And hopefully there will be feedback/references, and yes, a CV As well as pictures, and........ um.......... yeah

Speaking of, in the process of doing my internet job (the one I don't actually get paid for or anything) the other day I was digging around looking for some info on a member who'd flagged up as a bit dodgy and it led me - in a roundablut way - to this page: http://www.modelmayhem.com/1315513
        To be honest he's too perfect for my tastes but it did provoke an interesting conversation among the team there. Apparently, I'm the ickybah one there too. Hey ho!

The trick is to make it a memorable experience for him, after that he won't charge you

Not that I'm speaking from experience of course - I've just picked it up from others' conversations

*cough*
        Hmm, I'll second it and I am speaking from experience.
        You can always find inventive ways to keep 'em coming back for more and I've never been charged. Not money anyway.
        sigpic

Comment

Ah well at least the pups are tucked up neat and safe and mum is happy enough. Keep us informed.
          Yup, she's alright! And I will keep y'all informed!

I do feel your pain; mine cost me £104 last time I took her to the vets and she spits out most of her medication. Luckily it's a capsule with powder inside so now I empty into a tiny drop of water and syringe it down her throat. Fortunately she's not needed it for a while because the (also very expensive) prescription diet is keeping things at bay.
          Never knew it was that hard to give a cat medication! Could have figured that out though

I must say that it isn't that easy to give a dog a pill. All of our dogs up till now would spit out their medication when wrapped in something! I always open the mouth and push it back in the throat then keep the mouth close while they just have to swallow it!
          sigpic

Comment

Yes, it is hard to give both dogs and cats pills. They both manage to spit the pills out, no matter what we do. We wrap the pills in food, they eat all except the pill. We bury in food, they eat everything except the pill. We crush up the pill and place it in food or water, they don't drink or eat. We manage to stick in in liquid and a syringe, they spit it out, no matter how far back in their throat we put it.

Heck, my cat had worms, and the vet gave me a powder to mix with his food. I bought wet cat food to mix it in, and he wouldn't eat it. On a hunch, I mixed it with my dog's wet food, and the cat ate it.

Only one dog in our family will willingly eat medicine, and that's my Finn. I have to put it in a piece of pasta, stick chicken in either end of the pasta, wrap the whole thing in a slice of cheese, and stick it in his wet food. And he still eats the pill last, I just think it tastes enough like everything else that he doesn't notice it's medicine lol!!
            sigpic
            Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Hmm, how did I miss a page of posts? And Ickybah too.

Speaking of, in the process of doing my internet job (the one I don't actually get paid for or anything) the other day I was digging around looking for some info on a member who'd flagged up as a bit dodgy and it led me - in a roundabout way - to this page: http://www.modelmayhem.com/1315513
              To be honest he's too perfect for my tastes but it did provoke an interesting conversation among the team there. Apparently, I'm the ickybah one there too. Hey ho!
              Those are innocent compared to Jay's twitter pics

You can always find inventive ways to keep 'em coming back for more and I've never been charged. Not money anyway.
              Ditto

Comment

Originally posted by Luvnjoe View Post
                Was going to get lots done today, but a double ear infection has me down and out. Can I just say...OW!
                Double ow! *hugs and fingers crossed for a speedy recovery*

Search for Jay Ryan's twitter page - your mind will be well and truly boggled
                He must have removed some pics, because I'm not seeing anything other than some weird make-up pics. Then again, tastes are different, so maybe the two of us shouldn't talk about boys

So many layers? Have you been reading the draft of my autobiography?
                No, but I'd like to!
                *thinks a bit*
                Maybe not...

And this surprises you how?? *huggles you anyway*
                Actually it does! I was being very lovely! *huggles back*

I'm getting a new boiler on Tuesday *fingers crossed* Which is probably a good thing as I currently have no hot water either
                *fingers crossed for you*

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                Is it possible that in the last 24 hours this thread has plumbed depths of ickybah that even this thread has never plumbed before? Stay off Google, Dee
                I blame Amy. *nods*

*hugs* Hope you feel better soon Coming and joining in the ickybahcrazy round here should help as well
                Certainly laughed a lot today

Now back to my attempt at learning kinetic typography. I'm spending a lot of the time looking like this >
                Love love love kinetic typography! Are you trying to make something specific or are you just learning it for the fun of it?
                And are we talking about the same thing? lol Example

I do. Do discreet that is. Oh I have so many secrets about so many people.

Speaking of, in the process of doing my internet job (the one I don't actually get paid for or anything) the other day I was digging around looking for some info on a member who'd flagged up as a bit dodgy and it led me - in a roundablut way - to this page: http://www.modelmayhem.com/1315513
                *wipes the drool*
                *coughs*
                You were saying?

Maybe the two of you should hold some sort of a class for us less fortunate...

As for dogs and cats (had all of you quoted but then realized it's gonna be a large post). I'm fortunate Sapa will eat anything I give her, and I don't know if I told you guys but she has epilepsy , but on the bright side she takes her medicine willingly. Along with some vitamin B and calcium.
                The dog I had before her wouldn't touch anything that wasn't her food, so I'd discovered that if I roll the medicine in something I don't normally give her to eat, but I know she'd love to (because she had the tendency to eat anything I leave on the table), she takes the medicine without trouble. Other than that good luck, seriously. It's a pain.
                sigpic
                Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

I lurve pain meds. *goofy smile*

Hey, remember when I was working on art for my sister's animal rescue? Check it out!
                  sigpic

Comment

Those turned out great LJ!

I need more pain meds myself. My back is in spasm. FOR NO REASON! grrrr
                    sigpic

Comment

Hey, remember when I was working on art for my sister's animal rescue? Check it out!
                      Really nicely done. Good job!
                      sigpic

Comment

I had seen a version of that before. On the plus side I may be winning the battle, the lump seems to have gone down and I no longer have to check all the fingers on my hand are still intact when I touch her

Love love love kinetic typography! Are you trying to make something specific or are you just learning it for the fun of it?
                        And are we talking about the same thing? lol Example
                        Yes, we are talking about the same thing. Although I'm fairly certain mine will be a fair bit simpler than that one. There is something specific I want to do but it's mainly for the fun of it that I'm learning.

That looks fantastic LJ

And I've been up since 5.30am. On my day off. Not funny!
                        sigpic
                        Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Looks great!

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                          Those turned out great LJ!

I need more pain meds myself. My back is in spasm. FOR NO REASON! grrrr
                          *hugs*

I had seen a version of that before. On the plus side I may be winning the battle, the lump seems to have gone down and I no longer have to check all the fingers on my hand are still intact when I touch her
                          That's good news

Yes, we are talking about the same thing. Although I'm fairly certain mine will be a fair bit simpler than that one. There is something specific I want to do but it's mainly for the fun of it that I'm learning.
                          Share when you're done! I've tried it once or twice and lost my nerves, plus it looked very pathetic
                          sigpic

Comment

Share when you're done! I've tried it once or twice and lost my nerves, plus it looked very pathetic
                            SHARE! That means it has to look at least half way decent. That's far too much pressure

I'm finding it very time consuming more than anything. The piece I'm doing is only about 45 seconds long and it's taken me 2 days to get 8 seconds of it done.
                            sigpic

Comment

SHARE! That means it has to look at least half way decent. That's far too much pressure

I'm finding it very time consuming more than anything. The piece I'm doing is only about 45 seconds long and it's taken me 2 days to get 8 seconds of it done.
                              That's completly normal when you're doing something new
                              And yes, share The stress is good for the work in progress! (not really, but I wanna see) *giggles*

And damn you, I've watched a lot of the kin.typo. vid since last night... the addiction is baaaack.

Edit: This is my all time favorite

sigpic

Comment

That's completly normal when you're doing something new
                                And yes, share The stress is good for the work in progress! (not really, but I wanna see) *giggles*
                                That's fine. So long as you don't expect anything good. Having trouble getting the words to do even the most basic of things!

And damn you, I've watched a lot of the kin.typo. vid since last night... the addiction is baaaack.

Edit: This is my all time favorite
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxkM3YTWu9s
                                OMG Scary thing is most of the people I know could press at least 1 of those buttons

They are addictive to watch. Not entirely sure where my brain got the 'hey that looks fun to do' bit from. But now I've started, I have to finish
                                Last edited by Madness reigns; 20 April 2013, 02:59 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X