The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
    Well, unless I turn my entire living room floor into some kind of mass bed thing (sounds kind of cool now I think of it) then no, I don't have room for both, and yep, I did say keep one so you may as well. when it's not the Official Woohoo Put-Me-Up Bed anyway.
    If/when I need the other will all be dependent on whether I go camping in the summer or not. It's still a bit of a hope to go rather than a done deal because I am really actually quite nervous at the thought of doing it with just me and a small child, but since I now have a tent again (and I already have all the rest of the kit), and since it was always our plan/dream to introduce Benjabubs into the pleasures of camping, I'm fairly determined to do it.
    I'd offer to join you and lend a helping hand, but I've never quite been able to figure out where the 'pleasures' are in sleeping in a claustrophobic tent and sharing my bed with the indigenous insect population Besides, isn't it a given that it's bound to rain, soaking everything you own and possibly yourselves if the roof leaks?

Oh never, but any excuse eh. Unfortunately for me, the only men I ever get to erect anything are my brothers and, while that's nice there's just things they cannot help me with... ok I'm going to just end that train of thought right there.
    I just knew I could depend on you to see the ickybah inference of the word 'erect'

Oh bummocks. That's a pain.
    It is Especially during a wet autumn/cold winter when, having parked Woody some distance from the school, I'll then have to walk the rest of the children round to the school, stand around until the teacher deigns to let the kids out, then traipse them all back to the car park The car-parking costs will be £6 a week, which might not seem like much, but when you do the math it comes out at £234 per school year I guess I've been fairly spoiled when it comes to school runs - my local school has ample parking if the weather doesn't suit a pleasant walk, and the only other one I've had to go to was also a childminding friend's school run, so on bad days one wood stay by the cars whilst the other went into the school - result: warm, dry trip for the younger ones

Anywoo, no point in moaning - there have to be some drawbacks, and the ups definitely outnumber the downs

Comment

Oh never, but any excuse eh. Unfortunately for me, the only men I ever get to erect anything are my brothers and, while that's nice there's just things they cannot help me with... ok I'm going to just end that train of thought right there.
      Too.late.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post

Glad to hear you're feeling better *huggles* And you should know that if you need a bit of a pick-me-up, this is the place to be

*sends happy vibes*

It's amazing what a fevered WooHoo subconscious can come up with We miss you too
      Thank you! And I do know that I was just too week to go through all the posts, lol

I'm pretty sure I had one something to say about camping but I forgot. Mind tends to wanter a bit.
      Yes!
      I'm scared of insects. I would never go camping.
      Did you guys ever see a lady bug up close? Like macro-photography close? My friends and me had to do an assignment for Uni at one point and the subject was macro phot. We thought it would be safe to take a subject like a lady bug, but it's seriously ugly and scary. So much that I preferred spiders (and I'm scared of them too).

Speaking of which I finally have an idea for my film class final theme. So it now that and my masters movie. So close to getting it done.

Also, I want a boyfriend.

Do we have any godfairy woohoos?
      sigpic
      Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

*needs no info on anyone's erecting issues*
        *shakes head*

*hugs WooHoos*
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

I'd offer to join you and lend a helping hand, but I've never quite been able to figure out where the 'pleasures' are in sleeping in a claustrophobic tent and sharing my bed with the indigenous insect population Besides, isn't it a given that it's bound to rain, soaking everything you own and possibly yourselves if the roof leaks?
          Well, there you go, that's the pleasure right there.

Seriously, it's more a happy memories for me. The first time I went camping with Charles (I'd been as a child a few times but this was the first as an adult) we had a tiny festival sized tent, a couple of camping saucepans and a one burner stove. It was roasting hot and really dry and went spent an awful lot of time in the tent sweating. But didn't care because we were still in that "let's get sweaty" stage of our relationship.

I just knew I could depend on you to see the ickybah inference of the word 'erect'
          Hey! Dee saw it too.

It is Especially during a wet autumn/cold winter when, having parked Woody some distance from the school, I'll then have to walk the rest of the children round to the school, stand around until the teacher deigns to let the kids out, then traipse them all back to the car park The car-parking costs will be £6 a week, which might not seem like much, but when you do the math it comes out at £234 per school year I guess I've been fairly spoiled when it comes to school runs - my local school has ample parking if the weather doesn't suit a pleasant walk, and the only other one I've had to go to was also a childminding friend's school run, so on bad days one wood stay by the cars whilst the other went into the school - result: warm, dry trip for the younger ones

Anywoo, no point in moaning - there have to be some drawbacks, and the ups definitely outnumber the downs

What's the chances mum could put in an appeal? If it's your lady who drops the littlies off early, maybe she could on the grounds that you're the only childminder in the area who can take them and you have other kids to pick up in the local school so would impact on that? Worth a shot maybe?

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
          Too.late.
          Thank you for not leaving me being the only ickybah minded woohoo around here.

Thank you! And I do know that I was just too week to go through all the posts, lol
          *huggles* Sounds something like what I had a few weeks back.

Did you guys ever see a lady bug up close? Like macro-photography close? My friends and me had to do an assignment for Uni at one point and the subject was macro phot. We thought it would be safe to take a subject like a lady bug, but it's seriously ugly and scary. So much that I preferred spiders (and I'm scared of them too).
          Yeah ugly blighters but very good for the garden because they eat all sorts of pests that otherwise eat your plants. Spiders do not scare me at all. Yes I am one of those annoying people not bothered by them.
          Sounds like a cool project though. I would love to see the up close photos.

Also, I want a boyfriend.
          Pht, there's a queue hun, there's a queue.

Actualy nah, you can have my spot. A boyfriend is exactly what I don't want at all. A man - preferably one who fixes overflowing water tanks in lofts, puts up polytunnels and mows the lawn; yeah I'll take one of them, ta.
          sigpic

Comment

Hey! Dee saw it too.

Thank you for not leaving me being the only ickybah minded woohoo around here.
            I'm boyfriendless. Everything has an ickybah undertone. Except it's not so ickybah in my head...

*huggles* Sounds something like what I had a few weeks back.
            The worst of it was the vertigo It caught me while I was driving, it was lucky that I didn't pass out and just stopped the car. Everyone honked at me and I just waved and sent them kisses *giggles* That was fun. People thought I was nuts.

Yeah ugly blighters but very good for the garden because they eat all sorts of pests that otherwise eat your plants. Spiders do not scare me at all. Yes I am one of those annoying people not bothered by them.
            Sounds like a cool project though. I would love to see the up close photos.
            It wasn't like that, we just did the research on them not the actual pics, sorry for the confusion. But you can google ladybugs+macro and you'll get a a bunch of great pics

Pht, there's a queue hun, there's a queue.

Actualy nah, you can have my spot. A boyfriend is exactly what I don't want at all. A man - preferably one who fixes overflowing water tanks in lofts, puts up polytunnels and mows the lawn; yeah I'll take one of them, ta.
            At least you can hire a man to do that stuff... I on the other hand, would get arrested... It might be worth it though
            sigpic

Comment

At least you can hire a man to do that stuff... I on the other hand, would get arrested... It might be worth it though
              You have to learn to be discreet

And choose carefully so as to avoid disappointment

Comment

You have to learn to be discreet

And choose carefully so as to avoid disappointment

Where does one go for references?
                Gosh, laughing so much, imagining a guy walking about with pictures and a CV...

I don't do discreet very well though... I do keep other people secrets well, but my own... they just come out of me in the most awkward moments

Edit: And now I'm wondering if the first time would be on the house It's good business!
                sigpic

Comment

Where does one go for references?
                  Gosh, laughing so much, imagining a guy walking about with pictures and a CV...
                  The internet of course And hopefully there will be feedback/references, and yes, a CV As well as pictures, and........ um.......... yeah

I don't do discreet very well though... I do keep other people secrets well, but my own... they just come out of me in the most awkward moments
                  That's a problem - you could always invent another persona for yourself, that way it woodn't be 'your' secret, but somebody else's

Edit: And now I'm wondering if the first time would be on the house It's good business!
                  The trick is to make it a memorable experience for him, after that he won't charge you

Not that I'm speaking from experience of course - I've just picked it up from others' conversations

*cough*

Comment

The internet of course And hopefully there will be feedback/references, and yes, a CV As well as pictures, and........ um.......... yeah
                    I just googled... I shouldn't be allowed on the net...

That's a problem - you could always invent another persona for yourself, that way it woodn't be 'your' secret, but somebody else's
                    Another one?! It's getting pretty confusing... and crowded

The trick is to make it a memorable experience for him, after that he won't charge you

Not that I'm speaking from experience of course - I've just picked it up from others' conversations

*cough*
                    So many layers to you Jumble
                    sigpic

Comment

Was going to get lots done today, but a double ear infection has me down and out. Can I just say...OW!
                      sigpic

Comment

I just googled... I shouldn't be allowed on the net...
                        Search for Jay Ryan's twitter page - your mind will be well and truly boggled

Another one?! It's getting pretty confusing... and crowded

So many layers to you Jumble
                        So many layers? Have you been reading the draft of my autobiography?

Originally posted by Luvnjoe View Post
                        Was going to get lots done today, but a double ear infection has me down and out. Can I just say...OW!
                        Ouchie! That's not fun

Comment

The worst of it was the vertigo It caught me while I was driving, it was lucky that I didn't pass out and just stopped the car. Everyone honked at me and I just waved and sent them kisses *giggles* That was fun. People thought I was nuts.
                          And this surprises you how?? *huggles you anyway*

Ouch. Not fun! *huggles for you too*

And just for the fun of it.......*huggles for everyone!*

I'm getting a new boiler on Tuesday *fingers crossed* Which is probably a good thing as I currently have no hot water either
                          sigpic
                          Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Is it possible that in the last 24 hours this thread has plumbed depths of ickybah that even this thread has never plumbed before? Stay off Google, Dee

Still, I needed the smile as I've just been watching the rolling news from Boston. Frightening, frightening news from over there. Really hope they can catch this guy soon and that life can start to get back to normal for everyone. Also worrying about MoB - stay safe!

I was thinking the "in threes" thing too but, y'know, I'm not going to fret over London. I'm more or less resigned to the fact that one day some utter nutjob will take a stab at the marathon. Heck, people have been blowing up London for decades; we grew up with diligence on the brain and in our hearts here but yet they still managed to blow the crap out of the underground. If someone's mentally fritzed out enough to think violence is the answer then no amount of prepping, fretting and planning is going to prevent someone slipping through the net. My attitude is to just carry on and don't let things scare you into not living. In that way only the terrorists win. Yes, it has risks but so does stepping into your car or walking across the road. We'll deal with that crap when it hits the fan.
                            Amen. There's no other choice, really. Anything else is admitting defeat.

Originally posted by llp View Post
                            You are going to go through a gauntlet of emotions before you are though including wondering why you even ever thought to do this.... but in the end you will be excited for the prospect, humbled my the debt and totally motivated to decorate the way you want it to be! Big CONGRATS! Well deserves and well earned. Hope it is everything you want it to be plus more!
                            Thanks! Here's hoping

We will take all the kindness you can muster. This has been a hard week in the US. Like everyone mentioned - sort of waiting for the 3rd shoe to drop! But we have been through a lot before, probably face more in the future, but we will always prevail. We (like everywhere else in the world) are a nation made up of good and bad people and we must live with that. Not endure - but thrive in adversity. We survived the horrors of 9/11 and we will get through this as well. With that said, all offers of hugs greatly accepted!
                            And amen to that too

I was sick for the past 10 days. All better now, but I think it affected my happy/cheery/determined mood that I had since the new year, because I've been a little down lately. It's probably from the cold, trying to cheer myself up a little bit these past two days. It'll get better, I'm sure
                            *hugs* Hope you feel better soon Coming and joining in the ickybahcrazy round here should help as well

Ouch! *hugs* and feel better to you too!

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                            I'm getting a new boiler on Tuesday *fingers crossed* Which is probably a good thing as I currently have no hot water either
                            Hurrah! Fingers crossed for you, it's been ages!
                            sigpic
                            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                              Hurrah! Fingers crossed for you, it's been ages!

2 WEEKS!!! I'm just glad that the weather went warmer, not sure I could have coped it if had been cold.

In the middle of a battle of wills with the cat. I want her to take her medication, she doesn't want to! She figured out I was crushing up her tablets and putting them in her food and now she won't eat it But it's her own fault, if she will insist on fighting then she needs antibiotics and painkillers for the abscess on her tail that follows Add to that the fact she cost me £56 and I think she should do as she's told!

Now back to my attempt at learning kinetic typography. I'm spending a lot of the time looking like this >
                              sigpic
                              Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Hey Jann, how's Tjinta? Any sign of pups yet? Can't be long now.
                                Nope...officially they can safely be born from today on! But Tjinta didn't get that memo and is still calm and peaceful! She is still keeping those little ones from me for a bit longer!

And gosh y'all went really deep into the gutter!

Yeeyyyy Josi that you're getting the apartment! Very exciting!

*huggles MR* for broken boiler!

*huggles LJ for ear infection* ouch!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X