The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by josiane View Post
    OMG I appear to be buying a flat Offer accepted, mortgage applied for... let the nail-biting commence
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!! Well done you

(that's me happy dancing for you - fully clothed )

Wait, what? There's a National Stalker Day?

*joins in group hug*
    Apparently so

*huggles back*

Awful news from Texas this morning. America's having a really tough week Sending thoughts and hugs across the pond, you guys really need them right now.
    I'm trying very hard not to think that these things come in threes - fingers are firmly crossed for this week-end's marathon.

Comment

Thanks Feeling rather daunted and half convinced something's bound to go wrong, but no doubts that I'm doing the right thing by going for it
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Thanks Feeling rather daunted and half convinced something's bound to go wrong, but no doubts that I'm doing the right thing by going for it
        I know it's scary, but you need to not let it stress you out. If it's meant to be, it'll be - if not, then it's not the right place for you and you'll have to keep looking until you find the right one

I'm assuming it's not furnished - so will we be kipping on the floor? *makes a mental note to keep airbeds and duvets handy*

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
          I know it's scary, but you need to not let it stress you out. If it's meant to be, it'll be - if not, then it's not the right place for you and you'll have to keep looking until you find the right one

I'm assuming it's not furnished - so will we be kipping on the floor? *makes a mental note to keep airbeds and duvets handy*

No, furniture is one of the many things I have to pay for at some point in the process! So depending on how quickly I host a woohoomeet such things may well be necessary

And indeed. It's all entirely out of my hands now for a bit so I'm giving myself a stern talking-to about remaining calm and rational. Long way to go yet!
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

No, furniture is one of the many things I have to pay for at some point in the process! So depending on how quickly I host a woohoomeet such things may well be necessary
            Well let's face it - in order to have a WooHooMeet where we all actually slept in beds you'd have to be buying a five bedroomed mansion at the very least We're used to the floor/airbed scenario - it woodn't be the same if we all had beds Just make sure your first purchases include a fridge with plenty of room for the desserts and wine

And indeed. It's all entirely out of my hands now for a bit so I'm giving myself a stern talking-to about remaining calm and rational. Long way to go yet!
            Exactly right, no point in fretting about things over which you have no control - Que sera, sera

Edit: That was very nearly Que serai, serai

Comment

Exciting news Josi, congrats!
              sigpic
              Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Hey Dee *waves*

Haven't seen you lately - how are you doing?

Comment

*waves at Dee*

OMG I appear to be buying a flat Offer accepted, mortgage applied for... let the nail-biting commence

Very exciting stuff. Congrats!

Awful news from Texas this morning. America's having a really tough week Sending thoughts and hugs across the pond, you guys really need them right now.

Indeed. Want to huggle America this week.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg122/jumble65/WooHoo_Dancing4.gifriginal
                  (that's me happy dancing for you - fully clothed ) [/center]

You throwing some shapes there. Nice!

I was thinking the "in threes" thing too but, y'know, I'm not going to fret over London. I'm more or less resigned to the fact that one day some utter nutjob will take a stab at the marathon. Heck, people have been blowing up London for decades; we grew up with diligence on the brain and in our hearts here but yet they still managed to blow the crap out of the underground. If someone's mentally fritzed out enough to think violence is the answer then no amount of prepping, fretting and planning is going to prevent someone slipping through the net. My attitude is to just carry on and don't let things scare you into not living. In that way only the terrorists win. Yes, it has risks but so does stepping into your car or walking across the road. We'll deal with that crap when it hits the fan.

Hey, those are my airbeds... I think they are now the official Woohoo airbeds these days!
                  Actually was going to ask to borrow one back the other day so I could go away for the weekend in a couple of weeks but it turns out they've got a bed in the spare room now and then I realised that you'll probably need them before me. Although if I end up going camping (which is the the plan this year) I'll likely need them back again at some point... before I hand them back for the mass birthday invasion.

Oh heck am I really thinking of going camping with a hyperactive 6 year old and NO manpower to help erect the tent? I really hope the good old camping spirit is still alive and well and there's manly men around to help me wrestle with my rods.

Hey Jann, how's Tjinta? Any sign of pups yet? Can't be long now.
                  sigpic

Comment

You are going to go through a gauntlet of emotions before you are though including wondering why you even ever thought to do this.... but in the end you will be excited for the prospect, humbled my the debt and totally motivated to decorate the way you want it to be! Big CONGRATS! Well deserves and well earned. Hope it is everything you want it to be plus more!

Awful news from Texas this morning. America's having a really tough week ending thoughts and hugs across the pond, you guys really need them right now.
                    We will take all the kindness you can muster. This has been a hard week in the US. Like everyone mentioned - sort of waiting for the 3rd shoe to drop! But we have been through a lot before, probably face more in the future, but we will always prevail. We (like everywhere else in the world) are a nation made up of good and bad people and we must live with that. Not endure - but thrive in adversity. We survived the horrors of 9/11 and we will get through this as well. With that said, all offers of hugs greatly accepted!
                    sigpic

Comment

Phew! my grades are in Every kid who is failing seems to be missing an average of 10 assignments. They are not going to pass for doing nothing. So, tomorrow I will call parents and tell them - see, I told you three weeks ago that your son/daughter wasn't doing anything in class but chatting with friends. Now they're going to have to scramble to make up those grades in the next six weeks or they can kiss graduation goodbye!
                      sigpic

Comment

Whelp...It came in threes...There was a shooting at MIT in Massachusetts...From what I understand, the police had a lead on one of the Boston bombers, and it led to a confrontation on the MIT campus, which led to a confrontation somewhere else...I don't really know any other details, other than that a campus police officer was shot and killed...

Hopefully this will be enough "threes" for quite awhile...
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

In threes indeed. There's been quite enough unnecessary death for now.
                          I didn't think it would take them long to find the terrorists once they had them pinned on CCTV. Sort of glad it's happened sooner rather than later and I hope this current situation is over soon enough and without further injury to innocents.

Sounds about right Nola. No doubt you'll be getting the usual berating and blame from some parents. because I'm sure it's all your fault they aren't doing well.
                          sigpic

Comment

Hey Dee *waves*

Haven't seen you lately - how are you doing?
                            *waves back*
                            *and huggles*
                            I'm in a huggling mood it seems.

I was sick for the past 10 days. All better now, but I think it affected my happy/cheery/determined mood that I had since the new year, because I've been a little down lately. It's probably from the cold, trying to cheer myself up a little bit these past two days. It'll get better, I'm sure

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                            *waves at Dee*
                            Waves back and *huggles* Just 'cause.
                            Saw your FB page for Sybil, laughed so much at the name of it.

I was thinking the "in threes" thing too but, y'know, I'm not going to fret over London. I'm more or less resigned to the fact that one day some utter nutjob will take a stab at the marathon. Heck, people have been blowing up London for decades; we grew up with diligence on the brain and in our hearts here but yet they still managed to blow the crap out of the underground. If someone's mentally fritzed out enough to think violence is the answer then no amount of prepping, fretting and planning is going to prevent someone slipping through the net. My attitude is to just carry on and don't let things scare you into not living. In that way only the terrorists win. Yes, it has risks but so does stepping into your car or walking across the road. We'll deal with that crap when it hits the fan.
                            Amen to that

Edit: Forgot to say that I've been dreaming of Woohoos a lot lately and really just noncence, Nola read the paper to me for two nights, dreaming of calling and talking to Bekki on the phone, Cags changed the color of her heir but not really, Sarai starting up something new and exciting but doesn't want to tell what. I guess I miss you. lol
                            Last edited by Devilish Me; 19 April 2013, 03:43 AM.
                            sigpic
                            Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Hey, those are my airbeds... I think they are now the official Woohoo airbeds these days!
                              Actually was going to ask to borrow one back the other day so I could go away for the weekend in a couple of weeks but it turns out they've got a bed in the spare room now and then I realised that you'll probably need them before me. Although if I end up going camping (which is the the plan this year) I'll likely need them back again at some point... before I hand them back for the mass birthday invasion.
                              Er........ I was under the impression that one of them was mine? I seem to remember you saying I may as well keep one because you woodn't have room to use them both anyway Actually, I think you're right - they've now become WooHoo community property Let me know if you need them

Oh heck am I really thinking of going camping with a hyperactive 6 year old and NO manpower to help erect the tent? I really hope the good old camping spirit is still alive and well and there's manly men around to help me wrestle with my rods.
                              Shame on you! Since when did we need manpower to erect anything?

Sounds about right Nola. No doubt you'll be getting the usual berating and blame from some parents. because I'm sure it's all your fault they aren't doing well.
                              Of course it's her fault! Teachers are supposed to have magic powers aren't they? They're supposed to be perfectly able to force information into the idle minds of lazy children who wood much rather be doing just about anything other than learning

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                              *waves back*
                              *and huggles*
                              I'm in a huggling mood it seems.

I was sick for the past 10 days. All better now, but I think it affected my happy/cheery/determined mood that I had since the new year, because I've been a little down lately. It's probably from the cold, trying to cheer myself up a little bit these past two days. It'll get better, I'm sure
                              Glad to hear you're feeling better *huggles* And you should know that if you need a bit of a pick-me-up, this is the place to be

*sends happy vibes*

Edit: Forgot to say that I've been dreaming of Woohoos a lot lately and really just nonsense, Nola read the paper to me for two nights, dreaming of calling and talking to Bekki on the phone, Cags changed the color of her heir but not really, Sarai starting up something new and exciting but doesn't want to tell what. I guess I miss you. lol
                              It's amazing what a fevered WooHoo subconscious can come up with We miss you too

Heard this morning that my 4yr old didn't get a place at my local school for September, so I'll be traipsing into the town centre twice a day for awhile - and there is nowhere to park except in the exorbitantly priced car park

Comment

Er........ I was under the impression that one of them was mine? I seem to remember you saying I may as well keep one because you woodn't have room to use them both anyway Actually, I think you're right - they've now become WooHoo community property Let me know if you need them
                                Well, unless I turn my entire living room floor into some kind of mass bed thing (sounds kind of cool now I think of it) then no, I don't have room for both, and yep, I did say keep one so you may as well. when it's not the Official Woohoo Put-Me-Up Bed anyway.
                                If/when I need the other will all be dependent on whether I go camping in the summer or not. It's still a bit of a hope to go rather than a done deal because I am really actually quite nervous at the thought of doing it with just me and a small child, but since I now have a tent again (and I already have all the rest of the kit), and since it was always our plan/dream to introduce Benjabubs into the pleasures of camping, I'm fairly determined to do it.

Shame on you! Since when did we need manpower to erect anything?

Oh never, but any excuse eh. Unfortunately for me, the only men I ever get to erect anything are my brothers and, while that's nice there's just things they cannot help me with... ok I'm going to just end that train of thought right there.

Heard this morning that my 4yr old didn't get a place at my local school for September, so I'll be traipsing into the town centre twice a day for awhile - and there is nowhere to park except in the exorbitantly priced car park
                                Oh bummocks. That's a pain.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X