The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
    The thing that makes me laugh a little is you don't like Castle and it's a crime/cop show. And I've always thought myself primarily a sci fi fan and yet... find myself watching crime drama on alibi most nights these days.
    I watch Castle, it's just not high on my 'must see' list. The early seasons were ok, but in the later ones he annoys the heck out of me, and I just don't find it believable that any intelligent woman wood be interested in him, let alone one like Beckett

I watch a bit of a mixture really - Arrow, Law and Order UK, PNW, Touch, most of the UK and Australian soaps (NOT Eastenders), QI, The Chase, which is the only game show I like. Very rarely watch reality shows, although I'm a Celebrity is ok if they've got anyone interesting. Can't stand New Tricks, or any of the female cop partnerships other than Cagney and Lacy. With comedy I'm very hard to please - can't stand slapstick or silly comedy. I like wit or 'dry' humour. Vicar of Dibley - yes. AbFab - no!

Yeah........ I wonder what an analyst wood make of that

On the 69 thing. You know if we slow down some, Nad can join us for a threesome.

No icky intended *is innocent*
    At the rate she posts lately it'll take her a week to get there - I don't have that much patience

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed
      ...Am I the only one who has never seen Farscape?
      Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      Nope, I've never seen it

Never seen Firefly either
      Don't think so, since I haven't seen them either.

And thanks for the advise on the lights - got a bunch of white ones - kitchen used for cooking!
      sigpic

Comment

Still waiting for Mama Dog to have her pups. Come on, have 'em already! *glares at dog*

*huggles Woohoos*
        sigpic

Comment

you would glare at an impending mommy? But you know, as soon as you go to bed, she'll start having them and need help!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
            you would glare at an impending mommy? But you know, as soon as you go to bed, she'll start having them and need help!
            I'm glaring at her in the most loving way possible. I've been anticipating playing midwife since Sunday. My son is sleeping with her tonight cuz he wants to be there when the puppies are born. If they arrive, he'll just sleep right through it, but it makes him feel better to be there. heeheehee
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
              I had a wonderful and completely unexpected Valentine's day. We don't usually celebrate (too commercial and we love each other every day). Anywho, when I got home, there was a big heart-shaped box of chocolates, a card, and he made steak and shrimp for dinner. Totally bowled me over.
              Aww! Romance!

No, of course not, as if you ever wood
              Exactly

I make no apology whatsoever for my taste in tv shows - I like what I like and I don't watch what I don't like. Besides, before I came here I'd never heard of Farscape or Firefly. In fact, I didn't even realise I was a SciFi fan - I wood have said I was more of a crime drama/cop show fan

But looking at my dvd collection........ SG1, SGA, Quantum Leap, Medium, Deadzone, Primeval (UK), Sanctuary....... yeah, I guess I'm a SciFi fan
              I only watch Canadian Sci-Fi.

How can you speak of our love as 'icky'?
              How can I not?

P

On the 69 thing. You know if we slow down some, Nad can join us for a threesome.

No icky intended *is innocent*

At the rate she posts lately it'll take her a week to get there - I don't have that much patience
              ''...it'll take her a week to get there''?
              *blinks*

Originally posted by Luvnjoe View Post
              Still waiting for Mama Dog to have her pups. Come on, have 'em already! *glares at dog*

*huggles Woohoos*
              Go Mama!
              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

I watch Castle, it's just not high on my 'must see' list. The early seasons were ok, but in the later ones he annoys the heck out of me, and I just don't find it believable that any intelligent woman wood be interested in him, let alone one like Beckett
                I think that's kind of the point really. He's meant to be a bit of a jackass. People rarely hook up with the perfect person for them because love just doesn't work like that. If they do, I would have married David Duchovny instead of my best friend's uncle (who was one helluva jackass until you peeled his layers back).

I sort of like when a TV series makes their hero or heroine less than perfect. I'm a complete sucker for flawed or damaged people with brilliant minds. essentially it's what made me fall in love with David Ducovny all those years ago. Fox Mulder was such a... jackass!

I watch a bit of a mixture really - Arrow, Law and Order UK, PNW, Touch, most of the UK and Australian soaps (NOT Eastenders), QI, The Chase, which is the only game show I like. Very rarely watch reality shows, although I'm a Celebrity is ok if they've got anyone interesting. Can't stand New Tricks, or any of the female cop partnerships other than Cagney and Lacy. With comedy I'm very hard to please - can't stand slapstick or silly comedy. I like wit or 'dry' humour. Vicar of Dibley - yes. AbFab - no!
                See I was thinking about this last night and ended up with the realisation that, actually, I do really like cop drama after all. I've watched a lot. A lot more than I realised anyway. I'm not a big fan of New Tricks Mr I-Write-Da-Feem-Toon-I-Sing-Da-Feem-Toon does nowt for me at all (horrible man). But I do like stuff like The Mentalist and Law & Order.
                I do end up catching the odd half hour of Eastenders (usually because I watch the One Show and it's on after) but normally putting Ben to bed at that time. The last major soap I was ever into was Crossroads... and not the rebooted version. I, literally, have 18 video casette recordings of episodes of that soap from the 1980s. I was obsessed beyond the point of reason. *hangs head in shame*

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                ''...it'll take her a week to get there''?
                *blinks*

How very tantric.

Originally posted by Luvnjoe View Post

*huggles Woohoos*
                *does The Puppy Dance in anticipation*
                sigpic

Comment

I think that's kind of the point really. He's meant to be a bit of a jackass. People rarely hook up with the perfect person for them because love just doesn't work like that. If they do, I would have married David Duchovny instead of my best friend's uncle (who was one helluva jackass until you peeled his layers back).

I sort of like when a TV series makes their hero or heroine less than perfect. I'm a complete sucker for flawed or damaged people with brilliant minds. essentially it's what made me fall in love with David Ducovny all those years ago. Fox Mulder was such a... jackass!
                  Hear hear! I'm a complete sucker for TV men who are flippant jackasses on the surface but are deeply loyal and caring underneath... Castle, Jack O'Neill, Josh Lyman, Malcolm Reynolds, Spike, the Tenth Doctor, Eric Northman... I so have a TV type

*joins in the waiting for puppy news*
                  sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

awaiting puppies is one of the mysteries in life. These days, most folks know the sex of their baby before it's born. With puppies, it's a surprise - even how many! And in a day or so they turn into such adorable balls of wriggling fluff.
                    sigpic

Comment

Oh yes, I know he's supposed to be a jackass, but the jackass type leaves me cold And NF does play the jackass well. I think maybe I just like Beckett too much to want to see her end up with an idiot

I like my men to be interesting, which Castle definitely is not, not to me anyway.

See I was thinking about this last night and ended up with the realisation that, actually, I do really like cop drama after all. I've watched a lot. A lot more than I realised anyway. I'm not a big fan of New Tricks Mr I-Write-Da-Feem-Toon-I-Sing-Da-Feem-Toon does nowt for me at all (horrible man).
                      Exactly!

But I do like stuff like The Mentalist and Law & Order.
                      Haven't seen the Mentalist. I love L&OUK because it has variety and Bradley Walsh, who seems to fit himself perfectly to whatever job he's doing - The Chase wood definitely not be anything like as good if he wasn't hosting it

I do end up catching the odd half hour of Eastenders (usually because I watch the One Show and it's on after) but normally putting Ben to bed at that time. The last major soap I was ever into was Crossroads... and not the rebooted version. I, literally, have 18 video casette recordings of episodes of that soap from the 1980s. I was obsessed beyond the point of reason. *hangs head in shame*
                      I stopped watching 'Enders years ago, about when Boobie Windsor joined the cast. I just found it repetitive and totally unbelievable.

Ah, Crossroads! Should I admit that Sandy Richardson held my heart for a loooong time? But it was a lot of years ago

And Benny, of course

How very tantric.
                      Tantric is ok, as long as it doesn't take too long Climbing a mountain is only fun if you know you're definitely going to reach the top And there are only so many hours in a day - I mean, once is never enough, right?

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                      Hear hear! I'm a complete sucker for TV men who are flippant jackasses on the surface but are deeply loyal and caring underneath... Castle, Jack O'Neill, Josh Lyman, Malcolm Reynolds, Spike, the Tenth Doctor, Eric Northman... I so have a TV type
                      I think you've just named every male character that's ever made me reach for the 'off' button

Horses for courses
                      Last edited by Jumble; 16 February 2013, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Oh yes, I know he's supposed to be a jackass, but the jackass type leaves me cold And NF does play the jackass well. I think maybe I just like Beckett too much to want to see her end up with an idiot

I like my men to be interesting, which Castle definitely is not, not to me anyway.

<snip>
                        Apparently we see two different versions of Richard Castle. At the start of the series has was jackass-y, but it was just a front. His way of protecting himself. As the seasons went on he let go of that front and started showing more of the sweet and caring guy he really is. IMO, a guy who obviously loves his daughter as much as he does (and his mother, even though he tries to deny it lol) is not really a jackass. And that's what Beckett sees in him. She sees past that front to the guy inside. She sees that he does care. Sure, he still acts like a 9 year old on a sugar high a lot of the time, but that's just him, not him being a jackass. He cares, and he's thoughtful, and he'd do anything for the people he cares about. And he's not, IMO, an idiot.

Don't get me wrong; I love Beckett. I adore that woman. I think I even have a girl crush on her (and Stana Katic) to rival my girl crushes on characters like Sam Carter and Helen Magnus (and AT of course lol). To paraphrase Castle, she's "fascinating, maddening, interesting, amazing" and I love finding new things out about her. I love watching her evolve and "soften," for lack of a better word, as her relationship with Castle deepens. But I also love finding out new things about Castle. Finding out the odd little things he tosses out in an episode, like "oh, I used to bring Alexis here all the time" and "I like not knowing about my dad because it means he can be anything." I also like that Kate knows there's more to it than what he says, or doesn't say. She knows that on the one hand he loves not knowing about his dad, but on the other it must have been tough for him. That she knows that, despite how much he loves Alexis and is proud of her, he hates that she's moving on and away from the sweet little girl who always did everything with him.

I don't know...I've actually never truly thought of Richard Castle as a jackass. Not a real one at least, just a surface one that you had to dig a bit. A "diamond in the rough" if you will. He's had things in his life that have made him put up a front, and it became his "norm" to show that to everyone.

But to each his own lol.

*steps down off of Castle (character and show) soapbox*

So...Been gone for a couple months...What's this I read about puppies? I love puppies!! I'm not allowed any more pets though...

Speaking of pets, could you all keep my cat Shalimar in your thoughts? My mom called me from back home this morning to let me know Shalimar isn't doing so good and is going to the vet today, but she's got a feeling it will be bad news...
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

AfA Challenge entries - 'Space'

Last edited by Jumble; 16 February 2013, 08:38 AM.

Comment

*closes eyes to the ickybah*

Is this a serious conversation about male characters I see???

I LOVE broken/damaged heroes. They're so wonderfully angsty! *iz still addicted to angst*
                            sigpic

Comment

How very tantric.

Tantric is ok, as long as it doesn't take too long Climbing a mountains is only fun if you know you're definitely going to reach the top And there are only so many hours in a day - I mean, once is never enough, right?

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post

Speaking of pets, could you all keep my cat Shalimar in your thoughts? My mom called me from back home this morning to let me know Shalimar isn't doing so good and is going to the vet today, but she's got a feeling it will be bad news...
                              *sends good vibes*
                              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post

*sends good vibes*
                                Thanks...Sadly, got word a few hours ago that my Shalimar didn't make it.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Working...
                                X