No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I shouldn't be too grumpy at Joe. He does blog for his fans every day. And he did send me signed copies of Dark Matter. *starts feeling better*
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luvnjoe View Post
      I guess I shouldn't be too grumpy at Joe. He does blog for his fans every day. And he did send me signed copies of Dark Matter. *starts feeling better*
      That's right You get a daily dose of Joe and can reply to him any time - what makes this kind of thing with Martin so special is that it doesn't happen often, so it's really big when it does. Especially when he makes a point of mentioning us, again

Comment

*lounges on the couch and eats chocolate*
        sigpic

Comment

pass me a couple, wood ya?
          sigpic

Comment

*passes chocolates*
            sigpic

Comment

You've done me it - I had to go raid the chocolate jar. (I don't have a cookie jar on my counter - took a big glass biscotti jar and keep refilling it with good chocolates. I've got Dove darks in there as well as Russell-Stovers...)
              sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Just had a listen to that interview. Martin is just awesome

Cannot believe just how busy I am at the moment, but I don't seem to be getting anything finished!

Quick question...
                  Spoiler:

Was informed by Mother last night that my Uncle had passed away after a short battle with cancer, and that as a sign of respect we will all be going to the funeral.

To me personally it's not great loss as my Mothers' side of the family treated us terribly after the death of my Grandfather 16 years ago (accusations of stolen money and threats of court etc) and I have had no contact with any of them in over 15 years. My parents marriage almost fell apart in the months after my grandfathers' death because of the way her family were treating us and not one of them came to my sisters' wedding 5 years ago (or even replied to the invites sent!). On a more personal I honestly can't afford to take anymore time off this month (Ellie has had hospital apps) and we are horrendously busy and short staffed anyway so I can't even guarantee they will allow me the time off as it is not immediate family.

My question is.
                  Am I a bad person for saying that I can't go?

sigpic
                  Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

No MR, you are not a bad person for saying you can't go. Attending the funeral as a sign of respect for someone you don't respect wood make you a hypocrite IMO. I didn't go to my mother's funeral for that reason, and I didn't feel like a bad person

It's snowing again

And yes, he is Awesome

I've clipped the relevant part of the interview and put it on my phone..... does that make me obsessive?

Comment

I agree with Jumble here - don't be a hypocrite by trying to show respect for someone that did not have your respect to begin with. If they cannot honor the living by coming to the wedding, why should you honor the dead by going to a funeral that you really cannot afford to take the time off to do?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post

I've clipped the relevant part of the interview and put it on my phone..... does that make me obsessive?

Er, yes just a bit but it is the Woohoo Way!

*huggles* MR. Agree with Jumble and Nola on this one. If they can't even be ars...bothered to RSVP to say they're not coming to a family celebration, then I think you wash your hands of them completely. No loss for you is it.

I have yet to listen to the commentary all the way through. Fell asleep with the laptop in bed last night. Woke up an hour later, couldn't get back to sleep, ended up having a Firefly marathon... why oh why did they cancel it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Mmmmm Captain Tightpants

Fourthing what everyone else said, MR, don't go, and don't feel guilty about it.
                          sigpic
                          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*huggles* Thanks guys.

I know that my decision has upset my Mother but unfortunately, even after all this time, I still resent how much damage was done to my family (and my childhood) by the whole situation.

Trying get some serious housework done, I have been ignoring it for far too long and it looks like lots of small nuclear bombs have gone off in various corners of my house! The fact I have Ellies' dad coming round tomorrow has not influenced my decision to do it today at all!
                            sigpic
                            Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

Er, yes just a bit but it is the Woohoo Way!
                              It is, and I'm sure he'd be disappointed in me if I didn't continue to be a little OTT about him

*huggles* MR. Agree with Jumble and Nola on this one. If they can't even be ars...bothered to RSVP to say they're not coming to a family celebration, then I think you wash your hands of them completely. No loss for you is it.

I have yet to listen to the commentary all the way through. Fell asleep with the laptop in bed last night. Woke up an hour later, couldn't get back to sleep, ended up having a Firefly marathon... why oh why did they cancel it.
                              Using your laptop in bed is not conducive to a good night's sleep

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                              Mmmmm Captain Tightpants

Fourthing what everyone else said, MR, don't go, and don't feel guilty about it.
                              Exactly

Btw, how are you feeling now? Completely over it I hope

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                              *huggles* Thanks guys.

I know that my decision has upset my Mother but unfortunately, even after all this time, I still resent how much damage was done to my family (and my childhood) by the whole situation.

Trying get some serious housework done, I have been ignoring it for far too long and it looks like lots of small nuclear bombs have gone off in various corners of my house! The fact I have Ellies' dad coming round tomorrow has not influenced my decision to do it today at all!
                              Only small nuclear bombs? You're supposed to wait until it looks like a BIG one has gone off

Actually, I'm about to start doing some of that (insert unmentionable word) because I have a family coming for an interview this afternoon. I don't usually do interviews at the week-end, but they currently live in Oxford and can only make it down today. They're moving into my area in a couple of months, so it makes sense to find care for their children here

Comment

This made me giggle

Comment

Working...
                                X