The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
    they must have changed that - when I was there, I purchased a bottle of 100 at the local pharmacy.
    Yes, it's quite a recent change, as in probably about 2009. The idea is to prevent addiction to painkillers, but like I said, anyone over 16 can buy as many as they want if they're prepared to do the rounds

*looks around*

A serious discussion about drugs on the WooHoo thread?

Quick! Say something frivolous!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      *drops the perfect shimmy song to tempt Cags out of her corner*

*shimmies*

We can only buy the lowest dose, and a maximum of 16 pills at a time - which I find ridiculous, because it's obviously possible to get 16 pills from every supermarket and pharmacy around

I know. That's always made me laugh. Part of the point of the law is to prevent you from buying quantities you can kill yourself with. Except a really determined person can do that anyway by stockpiling. I suppose at least this way you can't do it accidentally (unless you're determindly daft of course ) I just buy 16 of the cheapest brand of paracetamol, aspirin and ibuprofen every time I do a main shop. And, er, still manage to stockpile it.
      The other thing that irks me is the restrictions on children's medicine. medised was an absolute godsend when Ben was a baby, if he had a cold. the only thing that helped him get a decent night's sleep; but they've now made it 6+ only and there's just about nothing at all you can give a baby with a cold to relieve the conjestion now. It's daft because it's perfectly safe for a baby to have it; it's just that people were stupid and didn't check ingredients and gave their babies that and something else containing paracetamol as well. So we all get penalised because a few people can't read and follow instructions.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      they must have changed that - when I was there, I purchased a bottle of 100 at the local pharmacy.
      I think you can buy things in greater quantities in pharmacies if there is a pharmacist present. It's just the over the counter stuff that you can pick up in the supermarket that you can't.

There's kind of three levels (well, 4 actually) in this country. The general stuff (paracetamol etc.) that can be sold anywhere but is often in restricted quantities. The P lines, which can only be sold over a pharmacy counter and when a pharmacist is present (and often these can be the stuff from the first category but in larger quantities - for instance, you can buy a pack of 16 neurofen off the shelf in the local corner shop, but you can only buy the 72 pack of them in a pharmacy), the prescribed only items (like tramadol/antibiotics etc.), and the completely banned/illegal drugs (heroin etc.).

The only people allowed to sell or administer prescribed medicines in the UK are pharmacists or trained medical professionals. So, for instance, if I've got a spare pack of tramadol lying about (which I don't but if I did) I can't sell them to Jumble. If I do, I'd go to prison. I spend half my life on another forum, removing people offering to sell fertility drugs to each other. Because they're so expensive, people think they're helping each other out, without realising it's completely illegal.

A day late, but it's the thought that counts..............

Hm. That might make a good vid for next year..........

This is where I admit to my deep and binding love for all things Paul Mccartney... NOT!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
        *shimmies*

I know. That's always made me laugh. Part of the point of the law is to prevent you from buying quantities you can kill yourself with. Except a really determined person can do that anyway by stockpiling. I suppose at least this way you can't do it accidentally (unless you're determindly daft of course ) I just buy 16 of the cheapest brand of paracetamol, aspirin and ibuprofen every time I do a main shop. And, er, still manage to stockpile it.
        The other thing that irks me is the restrictions on children's medicine. medised was an absolute godsend when Ben was a baby, if he had a cold. the only thing that helped him get a decent night's sleep; but they've now made it 6+ only and there's just about nothing at all you can give a baby with a cold to relieve the conjestion now. It's daft because it's perfectly safe for a baby to have it; it's just that people were stupid and didn't check ingredients and gave their babies that and something else containing paracetamol as well. So we all get penalised because a few people can't read and follow instructions.
        It's also because tptb suddenly realised that codeine is addictive, but yes the restrictions are stupid and prevent neither addiction nor suicide

I think you can buy things in greater quantities in pharmacies if there is a pharmacist present. It's just the over the counter stuff that you can pick up in the supermarket that you can't.
        Nope, the chemist can't legally sell you more than 16 either. Although I have seen it happen.

The only people allowed to sell or administer prescribed medicines in the UK are pharmacists or trained medical professionals. So, for instance, if I've got a spare pack of tramadol lying about (which I don't but if I did) I can't sell them to Jumble. If I do, I'd go to prison. I spend half my life on another forum, removing people offering to sell fertility drugs to each other. Because they're so expensive, people think they're helping each other out, without realising it's completely illegal.
        You can't sell them to me, but you can give them to me It's only if you profit from my addiction or suicide that you go to jail

This is where I admit to my deep and binding love for all things Paul Mccartney... NOT!
        Really? I must admit that in the last few years he's not been exactly entertaining - time to retire Mr MacCartney

Still too serious around here

Comment

*dances through, trailing snowflakes and singing*

Le singe a perdu son pantalon.

*nods*

sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Joe's pics demand use...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post

*nods*

Well cover him with a blanket, quick!!!

Last edited by Jumble; 20 January 2013, 06:10 AM.

Comment

It's also because tptb suddenly realised that codeine is addictive, but yes the restrictions are stupid and prevent neither addiction nor suicide
                Yes... unlike alcohol, cigarettes, gambling... no, they're not at all addictive.

(Although, to be fair, they all have restrictions on them too).

Nope, the chemist can't legally sell you more than 16 either. Although I have seen it happen.
                I am sure I have bought 32 paracetamol over the counter before? Maybe my chemist is nice and knows I'm not an idiot.

You can't sell them to me, but you can give them to me It's only if you profit from my addiction or suicide that you go to jail
                Well, I'll try not to profit off your misfortune if I happen to give you any drugs.

Really? I must admit that in the last few years he's not been exactly entertaining - time to retire Mr MacCartney
                Exactly. He made me cringe at the Olympic opening ceremony. he owns most of Wiltshire and Somerset doesn't he? Surely he can afford to sit back and let his investments and past talent do all the work for him.
                And I'm not getting into the Lennon debate over the whole talent thing. No no no...

*nods*

Well that's lowered the tone.

*mops up melted snow as trailed in my Josi*
                sigpic

Comment

Yes... unlike alcohol, cigarettes, gambling... no, they're not at all addictive.

(Although, to be fair, they all have restrictions on them too).
                  All of which can be circumnavigated without too much effort

I am sure I have bought 32 paracetamol over the counter before? Maybe my chemist is nice and knows I'm not an idiot.
                  Like I said, I've seen it happen. Maybe there's a loophole that allows chemists to use their discretion. Or maybe they just do it

Well, I'll try not to profit off your misfortune if I happen to give you any drugs.
                  Hey everybody! Free drugs at Cags' house - see you there!

Exactly. He made me cringe at the Olympic opening ceremony. he owns most of Wiltshire and Somerset doesn't he? Surely he can afford to sit back and let his investments and past talent do all the work for him.
                  And I'm not getting into the Lennon debate over the whole talent thing. No no no...
                  Same goes for Cliff, just because he thinks he can still sing doesn't make it so

What debate? Lennon was a psycho, Paul had all the talent

Well that's lowered the tone.

*mops up melted snow as trailed in my Josi*
                  Yes, we can always rely on The Deceptively Quiet one to bring us back down to our comfortable level

Nice Joesig Nola

Comment

Yes, we can always rely on The Deceptively Quiet one to bring us back down to our comfortable level
                    You asked for silly
                    sigpic
                    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

You asked for silly
                      I did, and that certainly fitted the bill

Comment

Hi guys, not been near pc for 2 days and come back and find loads of great vids. Jumble LOVE the birthday one, excellent and glad Martin saw it on his Birthday (which is also my nephew's birthday...lucky him).

Love to all
                        xx
                        sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

*waves to Claire* Glad you like the vid

Got anything to tell me?

Comment

We are very cautious, compared to other countries. It's not a bad thing, but sometimes it's frustrating when you know it's just our overcautiousness that makes it hard to get what you know would work and is perfectly safe in the right hands. We just have too many numpties who don't know how to follow instructions.

Are you implying we are lushes...

... or are you implying that, we're conscientious citizens who adopt a zealous "waste not want not" policy and ensure no sad, lonely dribbles of wine go unloved and unwanted?

I think my good name may have been Besmirched yet again. I will be consulting my Woohoo Solicitor for legal advice.

Snowing here too. Again. It's not pretty and it's not clever. Go away snow!
                            You called?

*bounces in*

Martin says thanks to everyone for the cards and vids!!

Ours was the first Happy Birthday wish he saw when he got up

*does a silly happy dance and bounces back out, grinning*
                            Awsome.

Love the vids and the pics everyone. Sorry I wasn't here to participate. My apologies to Martin. Hope you had a great birthday!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

*huggles Nola* Awesome sig!
                              sigpic

Comment

glad you like it I really liked his expression in one pic and the pose in another...soooooo...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X