The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by llp View Post
    All right - this is for Jumble and Cags or whomever can answer the questions! - what do you use melatonine for??? It's in the "vitamin" category??? And what is a "SAD light"??? Never heard of this?
    Melatonine makes you sleepy. It's in the natural suppliments category.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luvnjoe View Post
      Melatonine makes you sleepy. It's in the natural suppliments category.
      Hmmmmm! Sleeping isn't my problem these days - trying to stay away is!
      sigpic

Comment

a SAD light is to counteract Seasonal Affective Disorder - caused by a lack of sunlight in the winter months. the light simulates natural sunlight.

I've used melatonin in the past to help me get sleep, but now I have muscle relaxants for my migraines and they can make me sleepy if I need it.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luvnjoe View Post
          We cleared it with her dr, but she's certainly not under strict supervision. Ah well, I guess.
          The UK do seem to have a more cautious attitude to drugs, even those in the natural supplement category

Comment

*carefully steps over debris of party* I hope no-one's left any half drunk glasses of wine around, I always hate that the next morning

... hang on, what am I saying? Jumble and Cags were the last ones up, of course there's no half drunk wine glasses left

Pretty snow falling from the sky again, and as it's Sunday I can stay snuggled up warm inside and watch it
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Yeah, you know that Cags, she always makes sure all the bottles and glasses are empty I, on the other hand, am no longer drinking anything other than coffee and water *polishes halo*

More snow coming down here too

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                The UK do seem to have a more cautious attitude to drugs, even those in the natural supplement category
                We are very cautious, compared to other countries. It's not a bad thing, but sometimes it's frustrating when you know it's just our overcautiousness that makes it hard to get what you know would work and is perfectly safe in the right hands. We just have too many numpties who don't know how to follow instructions.

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                *carefully steps over debris of party* I hope no-one's left any half drunk glasses of wine around, I always hate that the next morning

... hang on, what am I saying? Jumble and Cags were the last ones up, of course there's no half drunk wine glasses left

Pretty snow falling from the sky again, and as it's Sunday I can stay snuggled up warm inside and watch it

Are you implying we are lushes...

... or are you implying that, we're conscientious citizens who adopt a zealous "waste not want not" policy and ensure no sad, lonely dribbles of wine go unloved and unwanted?

I think my good name may have been Besmirched yet again. I will be consulting my Woohoo Solicitor for legal advice.

Snowing here too. Again. It's not pretty and it's not clever. Go away snow!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                  We are very cautious, compared to other countries. It's not a bad thing, but sometimes it's frustrating when you know it's just our overcautiousness that makes it hard to get what you know would work and is perfectly safe in the right hands. We just have too many numpties who don't know how to follow instructions.
                  True, but it's understandable when you look back at the Thalidomide disaster

Are you implying we are lushes...

... or are you implying that, we're conscientious citizens who adopt a zealous "waste not want not" policy and ensure no sad, lonely dribbles of wine go unloved and unwanted?
                  So your excuse is that you're very hot on 100% recycling?

I guess that works

I think my good name may have been Besmirched yet again. I will be consulting my Woohoo Solicitor for legal advice.
                  Good luck with that! I think you'll probably find that EH-T will be on the side of the WooHoo majority

Snowing here too. Again. It's not pretty and it's not clever. Go away snow!
                  I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for a quick thaw tomorrow, because I'm not looking forward to walking the children down to their Nursery if it stays as it is at the moment And I definitely won't be driving them.

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

*thinks it's funny that Cags thinks she has a good name*

There's talk around the WooHoo water cooler...
                    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*Cags sulks in corner with a slice of last night's cold pizza*

And I'm not coming out unless you stop picking on me...

... or play something to make me shimmy; I'm not that fussy.
                      sigpic

Comment

You might be more cautious on some drugs, but not all. I was rather shocked to find while I was living there, that one could purchase codeine pain reliever over the counter, without a prescription. It was a good thing for migraines, but very, very odd to me.
                        sigpic

Comment

*drops the perfect shimmy song to tempt Cags out of her corner*

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                            You might be more cautious on some drugs, but not all. I was rather shocked to find while I was living there, that one could purchase codeine pain reliever over the counter, without a prescription. It was a good thing for migraines, but very, very odd to me.
                            We can only buy the lowest dose, and a maximum of 16 pills at a time - which I find ridiculous, because it's obviously possible to get 16 pills from every supermarket and pharmacy around

Comment

A day late, but it's the thought that counts..............

Hm. That might make a good vid for next year..........

Comment

they must have changed that - when I was there, I purchased a bottle of 100 at the local pharmacy.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X