The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    Suzy had to stay at the stables because of the snow (which I was very glad to hear - those narrow country lanes are scary enough with out adding snow into the equation ), and it looks like she's been having fun...........

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...nuary-2013.jpg

There's a vid on her FB page of them careering down this hill by various transport means - sledges, wheelbarrows, a boat .............

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...n-the-snow.jpg

I'm torn between saying "lucky girl" and "it'llendupinahospitalstay"

Apparently Beryl has become something of a local celebrity. Next door's boy tells me there was a crowd around her last night. If it's at all possible to be proud of a lump of snow and ice... then I am.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
      *looks around at lightweight partygoers*

Pht, well I'm gonna shimmy into the wee hours, even if you lot are flaked out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-fA-gBCkj0

(Does anyone else think he sounds just like Michael Jackson in this song? No? Just me then. )
      Not only does he sound like him, but from some angles he looks like him too

Hm. 12.15am....... I can't decide whether to go to bed or stay up and watch more Forensic Investigators whilst I continue with a sekrit project that I'm working on ......

..... and whether it's a good idea to eat some more Christmas pud and custard...............

Comment

Have more pudding and custard. make the most of the inspiration while it strikes.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm torn between saying "lucky girl" and "it'llendupinahospitalstay"
          The scary thing is, the only ambulance that could reach them wood be Helicopter Rescue At one point four of the girls got into the boat and were towed up the hill by Dan in his tractor......... then he let go and down they went, screaming all the way

Apparently Beryl has become something of a local celebrity. Next door's boy tells me there was a crowd around her last night. If it's at all possible to be proud of a lump of snow and ice... then I am.
          So you should be - you've obviously created a real celebrity, who wood probably be a more interesting addition to BB than those that are in there

Comment

Have more pudding and custard. make the most of the inspiration while it strikes.
            Ah, this doesn't involve inspiration, just a great deal of careful concentration

The project that is, not the pud

Comment

The scary thing is, the only ambulance that could reach them wood be Helicopter Rescue At one point four of the girls got into the boat and were towed up the hill by Dan in his tractor......... then he let go and down they went, screaming all the way

Well, on the plus side, 15 minutes of fame courtesy of Helicopter Rescue isn't too bad eh!

So you should be - you've obviously created a real celebrity, who wood probably be a more interesting addition to BB than those that are in there
              I haven't been watching. Ewan was over the other night so I could highlight his hair (what? am I a flipping hairdresser now? ) and was telling me all about it and I was like "er, who?" It was a bit of a one sided conversation. I think I probably need to rescue him from his current abode before his brain turns to even more mush than it already is.
              Then again, he's blonder now so it's fitting.

Ah, this doesn't involve inspiration, just a great deal of careful concentration

Ah, well in that case, it may well be better to wait until you're less tired. If you are, in fact, tired at all.
              sigpic

Comment

Well, on the plus side, 15 minutes of fame courtesy of Helicopter Rescue isn't too bad eh!
                I can think of less painful ways to get those famous 15 minutes

I haven't been watching. Ewan was over the other night so I could highlight his hair (what? am I a flipping hairdresser now? ) and was telling me all about it and I was like "er, who?" It was a bit of a one sided conversation. I think I probably need to rescue him from his current abode before his brain turns to even more mush than it already is.
                Then again, he's blonder now so it's fitting.
                I caught the first show when they all went in, and another a few days later, both whilst flicking through channels. All acting like spoilt kids from what I could see

What are you going to do, plonk him out in the conservatory?

Can you cut hair? You could be a mobile hairdresser and make lots of dosh if you can

Ah, well in that case, it may well be better to wait until you're less tired. If you are, in fact, tired at all.
                I was yawning around 8pm, told myself I couldn't be tired since I'd only been awake for 9ish hours - now got my second wind so probably woodn't sleep if I did go to bed Plus, we heard from Martin - guaranteed to keep me awake half the night Stoopid hormones

Besides, I'm getting quite into my project and don't want to stop just yet

Comment

*wanderz through, laughing*

Oh Joe! *wipes tears* Had me cracking up on his blog tonight!
                  sigpic

Comment

What are you going to do, plonk him out in the conservatory?
                    Nooo!

Gah, that would be a total disaster. I'd probably end up getting drunk every night and having pity sex with him and, er, that would be wrong on oh so many, many levels like you cannot imagine.
                    Besides, as much as it pains me to say, mentally, he's happier now than he has been for a long time, so I think the slightly chaotic family environment is good for him and having to sleep in a shed and be henpecked by his sister is small price to pay for a bit of personal happiness.

Can you cut hair? You could be a mobile hairdresser and make lots of dosh if you can
                    Er, no. I think I can categorically assure you that I can't cut hair to save my life. I have trimmed my mum's, Kirstin's and, obviously, I regularly ruin Ben's, usually just in time for the school pictures. I've even trimmed my own when it's got straggly. But I can't really style hair. Colouring is easy though, and I can do highlights with the cap thing easy enough. I just wish I had someone around who would do it for me, because I'm getting a bit sick of the grey highlights now.

I was yawning around 8pm, told myself I couldn't be tired since I'd only been awake for 9ish hours - now got my second wind so probably woodn't sleep if I did go to bed Plus, we heard from Martin - guaranteed to keep me awake half the night Stoopid hormones

Besides, I'm getting quite into my project and don't want to stop just yet
                    I do that all the time. Get tired about 9ish, think "I'll have an hour on the computer/tv then go to bed" and then end up getting second wind and it's 2am. I have been really trying to have some early nights though because my insomnia has been shocking lately. I reached totaly crisis point midweek the other week, after my sixth night of barely 3 hours sleep. You know yourself what kind of wreck that sort of sleep deprivation does to you. I was a mess.
                    I know this insomnia is a seasonal thing so it will improve as the spring arrives but it's been shockingly bad this year. I thought I'd cracked the SAD when I had Ben and stopped doing a job in a building with no windows but it seems I am destined to have a thoroughly miserable life between the months of October and February. Hey ho!
                    A pharmacist friend suggest melatonin to me to help with the sleep thing, which I think I am going to give it a go because I suspect that just a decent night's sleep every night will make a big difference all round.
                    sigpic

Comment

*huggles Joe* ...cuz I CAN! ... cuz I live in my own happy world inside my head.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luvnjoe View Post
                        *wanderz through, laughing*

Oh Joe! *wipes tears* Had me cracking up on his blog tonight!
                        I haven't read his blog for ages Maybe I'll take a peek

Nooo!

Gah, that would be a total disaster. I'd probably end up getting drunk every night and having pity sex with him and, er, that would be wrong on oh so many, many levels like you cannot imagine.
                        Besides, as much as it pains me to say, mentally, he's happier now than he has been for a long time, so I think the slightly chaotic family environment is good for him and having to sleep in a shed and be henpecked by his sister is small price to pay for a bit of personal happiness.
                        Well, I guess as long as he's happy he's best left alone

Er, no. I think I can categorically assure you that I can't cut hair to save my life. I have trimmed my mum's, Kirstin's and, obviously, I regularly ruin Ben's, usually just in time for the school pictures. I've even trimmed my own when it's got straggly. But I can't really style hair. Colouring is easy though, and I can do highlights with the cap thing easy enough. I just wish I had someone around who would do it for me, because I'm getting a bit sick of the grey highlights now.
                        I'm having mine cut on Monday by a mobile HD I know - she did a good job of it last time and it seriously needs it. My layers have grown out by about five inches

I've never done highlights with a cap so I can't volunteer

Well I could, but I woodn't like to guess what you'd look like after

I do that all the time. Get tired about 9ish, think "I'll have an hour on the computer/tv then go to bed" and then end up getting second wind and it's 2am. I have been really trying to have some early nights though because my insomnia has been shocking lately. I reached totaly crisis point midweek the other week, after my sixth night of barely 3 hours sleep. You know yourself what kind of wreck that sort of sleep deprivation does to you. I was a mess.
                        I know this insomnia is a seasonal thing so it will improve as the spring arrives but it's been shockingly bad this year. I thought I'd cracked the SAD when I had Ben and stopped doing a job in a building with no windows but it seems I am destined to have a thoroughly miserable life between the months of October and February. Hey ho!
                        A pharmacist friend suggest melatonin to me to help with the sleep thing, which I think I am going to give it a go because I suspect that just a decent night's sleep every night will make a big difference all round.
                        Don't you have a SAD light? I turn mine on for an hour every morning and I'm sure it helps.

MoB recommended Melatonin to me awhile back and I've been taking them ever since - definitely worth giving it a try

I think I've reached saturation point now, so I'll toddle off to bed in a bit. You should do the same

Comment

*gently shoos Jumble and Cags off to bed*

We use melatonine on our daughter. Works wonders!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luvnjoe View Post
                            *gently shoos Jumble and Cags off to bed*

We use melatonine on our daughter. Works wonders!
                            I'm going, I'm going!

Over here we're not allowed to give it to children unless under strict medical supervision, don't know why

Which reminds me, I need to get a new supply - I've run out

Comment

I'm going, I'm going!

Over here we're not allowed to give it to children unless under strict medical supervision, don't know why

Which reminds me, I need to get a new supply - I've run out
                              We cleared it with her dr, but she's certainly not under strict supervision. Ah well, I guess.
                              sigpic

Comment

All right - this is for Jumble and Cags or whomever can answer the questions! - what do you use melatonine for??? It's in the "vitamin" category??? And what is a "SAD light"??? Never heard of this?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X