The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by josiane View Post

I was just reading that thinking 'I've heard that before...' and then remembered, my dad made the same complaint a few months ago using almost exactly the same words!
    The problem with using ready-made stuff is that I can't control the amount of fat and sugar that goes in it, and I really need to

Originally posted by Luvnjoe View Post
    They didn't believe me when I told them I wanted broccoli on top, so they put those funny flowers on instead.
    Some people just don't understand *shakes head in despair*

Comment

5 minute cake made - not terrible. Needs icing.

I changed the recipe a tiny bit - since I had all-purpose flour, I added a quarter teaspoon of baking powder. I also added 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla and a small dash of salt. I cooked it in a deep soup bowl for 3 minutes. Looks like regular cake but needs to be more chocolaty
      sigpic

Comment

*brings cake too*

They didn't understand my broccoli request either...

Love the vids Jumble and Cags!
        *shimmies*

Awesome cards everyone

It's also awesome that Martin liked them! *nods*
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Sounds pretty tasty Nola

I wonder what I could substitute for chocolate

Maybe I'll just make do with the Chrissie pudding and custard f..... or now

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
          *brings cake too*

They didn't understand my broccoli request either...
          But at least you got Broccoli on top of yours

Love the vids Jumble and Cags!
          *shimmies*
          Thanks

Awesome cards everyone

It's also awesome that Martin liked them! *nods*
          ..... and that he replied so quickly..... literally made me jump when I saw it

Comment

Nad, is that a new sig and avi you're wearing? I don't think I've seen it before.......... very nice!
            Last edited by Jumble; 19 January 2013, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
              But at least you got Broccoli on top of yours

Thanks
              True.

..... and that he replied so quickly..... literally made me jump when I saw it
              Yeah!

I can imagine.

Nad, is that a new sig and avi you're wearing? I don't think I've seen it before..........
              No. I made it for another birthday, I think.
              *rummages*

Went with this one, last year.

Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

I think a little picspam of the birthday boy is in order .....

Comment

Revisiting birthdays from……..

Comment

True.

Yeah!

I can imagine.

No. I made it for another birthday, I think.
                    *rummages*

Went with this one, last year.

Ah, that's my short-term memory for you Either way, it's awesome

Comment

Ah, that's my short-term memory for you Either way, it's awesome
                      Thanks

I love your birthday sig too. Awesome colouring.

Nice '69 Martin Spam!

sigpic

Comment

Thanks

I love your birthday sig too. Awesome colouring.
                        Thanks It was a bit of a cheat, I changed the colouring on an old wp and added the balloons In my defence, I'd been so busy with other stuff that I hadn't even realised I hadn't made a birthday sig, so I needed something fast

Thanks

Nice card Why is it that what looks like a very simple piece of artwork (which it probably wasn't) always looks brilliant?

Comment

Loving the cards everyone.

PB was playing up for me earlier. I was just getting the funny icon thing but am now getting the proper images.

And.... Martin's seen them all. *bounces* Sooo happy to hear that. *huggles Martin*

I was looking for Bird's custard powder, but apparently none but the larger supermarkets stock it because people don't us it anymore, they just use the ready made stuff

Now I feel really old

I love the mix it yourself stuff. It used to be Charles' speciality. He'd say you can't make it properly if you have to return it to the stove after mixing it. I have to admit, the pre made is a godsend for me though, because I'm rubbish at making it.

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                          You may regret asking that...

Spoiler:

4 tablespoons self-raising flour, 4 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa. Put them in a big mug (seriously, a proper big one) and mix together.
                          Add 1 egg and mix in.
                          Add 3 tablespoons milk and 3 tablespoons oil. Mix it all up well.
                          Stick it in the microwave for 3-4 mins and voila, instant chocolate cake

nomnomnom...

You lot have made me all hungry now. And I was naughty and had a pizza delivery earlier (tipped the delivery guy well too because it's treacherous out there and he deserved it for coming out.) I think I've done my calorie intake for the day. Just washing it down with a glass of Sainsbury's cheap house red (which isn't too shabby for £3.99 a bottle) to ensure a peaceful night's sleep.

I am never without cocoa powder either. I may have to make a 5 minute cake tomorrow. Actually not a bad idea to make a proper cake for something to do on a snow day... oooh or chocolate brownies. I actually have an emergency bar of Green &Blacks 70% so I have all the ingredients. Yep, gooey choccy brownies for me tomorrow.

And....

*liiiiiicks picpam*

sigpic

Comment

Thanks It was a bit of a cheat, I changed the colouring on an old wp and added the balloons In my defence, I'd been so busy with other stuff that I hadn't even realised I hadn't made a birthday sig, so I needed something fast
                            Well, it's effective.

Thanks

Nice card Why is it that what looks like a very simple piece of artwork (which it probably wasn't) always looks brilliant?
                            Maybe it's because 'simple' is easier on the eyes than 'chaotic' and is found more pleasant to look at, so that the appreciation for the artwork itself rises as well?

...OK. I dunno.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

And.... Martin's seen them all. *bounces* Sooo happy to hear that. *huggles Martin*
                              It's the first time that we've known on the day that he got them *does another happy dance*

I love the mix it yourself stuff. It used to be Charles' speciality. He'd say you can't make it properly if you have to return it to the stove after mixing it. I have to admit, the pre made is a godsend for me though, because I'm rubbish at making it.
                              I love making proper Bird's custard, although I never ever put as much sugar in as the instructions say - found it far too sweet, yuk! Used to pour it all over my homemade apple pie *mouth waters* I haven't made an apple pie in yonks

nomnomnom...

You lot have made me all hungry now. And I was naughty and had a pizza delivery earlier (tipped the delivery guy well too because it's treacherous out there and he deserved it for coming out.) I think I've done my calorie intake for the day. Just washing it down with a glass of Sainsbury's cheap house red (which isn't too shabby for £3.99 a bottle) to ensure a peaceful night's sleep.
                              You were lucky he came out at all

I'd love a glass of wine *sigh*

I am never without cocoa powder either. I may have to make a 5 minute cake tomorrow. Actually not a bad idea to make a proper cake for something to do on a snow day... oooh or chocolate brownies. I actually have an emergency bar of Green &Blacks 70% so I have all the ingredients. Yep, gooey choccy brownies for me tomorrow.
                              You have emergency chocolate? In the house? All the time? It woodn't last 5 minutes in my house
                              And....

*liiiiiicks picpam*

I do hope, if he's lurking, that Martin understands that most of us find screen licking utterly disgusting, but we unfortunately don't have any control over the minority that simply can't be cured of the habit

Well, it's effective.

Maybe it's because 'simple' is easier on the eyes than 'chaotic' and is found more pleasant to look at, so that the appreciation for the artwork itself rises as well?

...OK. I dunno.
                              Could be. Although I do question your ability to state that 'chaotic' is not to be recommended since you are the Queen of Chaotic

Comment

Oldie art:

+ oldie invite:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X