The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
    I think you just volunteered yourself for the job.

What's the news headlines tonight then Anchor Nad? I promis you'll get... paid.
    *stares into the camera, wide-eyed*
    *blinks*
    Head...lines?
    *looks left*
    *looks right*
    *shuffles paper*
    *notices autocue*
    *smiles*

''Today's WooHoo News headlines:

WooHoos left out in the cold.
    As the tempratures drop, many are expected to feel damp and unsatisfied.

The Birthday is coming up.
    Experts say a surge of last-minute Martin Art shall occur in the following days.

WooHoo News Anchor is promised to get...''

...Wait...
    Who wrote this?!
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

You're doing a splendid job, Nad

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
      Something us student librarians have to learn about. Still, 82 posts is mind boggling, no matter the subject matter. I once had 75 over a weekend in one class, but never 82 in 24 hours. That's just plan crazy!
      Or, to explain a bit more, it's about the theory and practice of building and maintaining your library collection - deciding what books to buy, basically
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
        You're doing a splendid job, Nad

Or, to explain a bit more, it's about the theory and practice of building and maintaining your library collection - deciding what books to buy, basically
        Yes, that. I wasn't sure how to explain it; I'm only two weeks in. My first assignment is a needs assessment, thank the Force it's a group thing, and I hate group projects, but it's just too much work for one person.
        Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
          I'm having fun with the WooHoo pics for the vid and have got most of it done already

Guess I'd better go make a card then, huh?

At least that means I have time to start all over again since mine is a mess.

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
          WooHoo News Anchor is promised to get...''[/I]

...Wait...
          Who wrote this?!

The Anchor is responsible for writing their own scripts in Woohoo TV Productions.

Originally posted by josiane View Post

Well that's easy. All of 'em. See a book, buy a book.

*sigh* I need a new printer and am having a quandry trying to decide whether to get a really good printer quality duplexing all-singing-all-dancing one... or a cheapie workhorse. Mine old one is.... *glances and broken pile of smashed printer*... almost certainly not fixable.
          sigpic

Comment

*falls asleep on the couch*
            sigpic

Comment

At least that means I have time to start all over again since mine is a mess.
              Yours is now the ony one I'm waiting for ......

*drums fingers*

The Anchor is responsible for writing their own scripts in Woohoo TV Productions.
              Heaven help us

*sigh* I need a new printer and am having a quandry trying to decide whether to get a really good printer quality duplexing all-singing-all-dancing one... or a cheapie workhorse. Mine old one is.... *glances and broken pile of smashed printer*... almost certainly not fixable.
              The question is, did it fall or was it thrown?

My advice wood be to get a less complicated one this time - you don't need it to sing and dance anymore do you? Mine is the simpler version of yours and work just fine for documents and photos

Edit: Just realized, aren't we supposed to starting the party about now?

Soooo not ready

I guess I could at least change my sig................

Comment

Road, rail and aeroplane travel are all suffering from last night's snowfall - Wales and SouthWest England are under a red alert, expecting another 30cm of snow later today and people are being told not to leave their homes Temperatures are expected to be well below freezing for the next few days.

*looks out of the window* Barely an inch of it out there, yet all the local schools are closed 'just in case'

Hm.

Comment

Comment

Yours is now the ony one I'm waiting for ......

*drums fingers*

I'm on it.

The question is, did it fall or was it thrown?
                    Well... the print head burnt out again... which implies there's a more serious fault with it. Printheads cost minimum £25 a pop (that's for the cheapie Chinese knock out so heaven knows what the proper part costs). I know me and I'd just keep buying new ones and getting frustrated with it so when I er, um, threw it...I was, er... was mitigating my losses in the long run.

My advice wood be to get a less complicated one this time - you don't need it to sing and dance anymore do you? Mine is the simpler version of yours and work just fine for documents and photos
                    Yeah, that was my thoughts. I did pretty much flog the life out of it when I was working for SFG, because I was printing dozens of pages a day. Now I only really use the black and white for invoices/postage labels. I think a small laser printer would suit me better now, but even the little ones are a bit big so I'm going to get the cheapest, nastiest inkjet I can find (so long as it's not in Curry's because they're bloody useless) for now and I can upgrade later.

Road, rail and aeroplane travel are all suffering from last night's snowfall - Wales and SouthWest England are under a red alert, expecting another 30cm of snow later today and people are being told not to leave their homes Temperatures are expected to be well below freezing for the next few days.

*looks out of the window* Barely an inch of it out there, yet all the local schools are closed 'just in case'

Hm.
                    Good old Blighty; bit of white stuff falls form the sky; world comes to a standstill.
                    On the news this morning they said trains between Ascot and Ash Vale had been cancelled in preparation for snow. Eh? Hey ho.

It's falling thick and fast here now so we'll have a couple of inches by lunchtime. The school's still open though. Kids were loving it this morning.

Party you say?

*Shimmies out to do artwork*
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm on it.

Well... the print head burnt out again... which implies there's a more serious fault with it. Printheads cost minimum £25 a pop (that's for the cheapie Chinese knock out so heaven knows what the proper part costs). I know me and I'd just keep buying new ones and getting frustrated with it so when I er, um, threw it...I was, er... was mitigating my losses in the long run.
                      I knew it!

Yeah, that was my thoughts. I did pretty much flog the life out of it when I was working for SFG, because I was printing dozens of pages a day. Now I only really use the black and white for invoices/postage labels. I think a small laser printer would suit me better now, but even the little ones are a bit big so I'm going to get the cheapest, nastiest inkjet I can find (so long as it's not in Curry's because they're bloody useless) for now and I can upgrade later.
                      Beware! The lowest priced printers often need the highest priced refills

Good old Blighty; bit of white stuff falls form the sky; world comes to a standstill.
                      On the news this morning they said trains between Ascot and Ash Vale had been cancelled in preparation for snow. Eh? Hey ho.

It's falling thick and fast here now so we'll have a couple of inches by lunchtime. The school's still open though. Kids were loving it this morning.
                      I now have 6 inches and rising I knew I should have popped up to Tesco Express last night, but I was too busy with the vid and by the time I was done it was past 11pm - they close at 10

Party you say?

*Shimmies out to do artwork*
                      *shimmies along with Cags*

Er...... yeah.... best finish mine too!

Comment

Partyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

*shimmies*
                        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

I knew it!
                          PMT at it's very very best!

(no, it was a well thought out act of destruction, I can assure you. )

Beware! The lowest priced printers often need the highest priced refills
                          Yes, that's my main concern at the moment. I want to find one that can take the cheapie compatible inks. The Kodak was great but the compatibles just gave awful quality even on plain text so I ended up having to use the branded ones. My old Epson could handle the compatibles and produce excellent printing, although was rubbish at photo quality anyway. I think I am going to go for a workhorse ink printer and then get a second high quality one for photos later on. Or just use Vistaprint for my photo needs, since I rarely print them these days.

I now have 6 inches and rising

I didn't know it was going to be that sort of party...

*whistles innocently*

Artwork sent... it's naff and not at all what I was trying to do. I have this thing in my head for a particular style I like lately but seem to be struggling to emulate. I may have to go ask the art threaders if anyone has any tips or tuts for something like that.

*grabs Nad and Jumble's hands and does strange ring-a-roses-Morris-Style-Woohoo shimmy*

sigpic

Comment

*waves to shimmying Nad*

We both had a similar idea for artwork Cags, and mine ended up entirely different But I'm trying to incorporate the idea into the vid........ trying

Comment

GMTA!

I feel your pain... and yes, in answer to your email (and just to confuse everyone) I have re-rendered and will upload it once I've finished photgraphing children's clothing. Conservatory is perfect with the reflected snow so I can't miss this opportunity... or would be perfect if not for the snow on the roof blocking some light out. I'm not going out there to sweep it off though... uh, no. It's throwing it down out there and toasty warm in here.

The school just texted to say they're staying open until 3.15 as normal but if we are concerned about weather we can pick our children up earlier.... er, no ta, I'm good thanks. *pours another cup of tea and puts Bargain Hunt on*
                              sigpic

Comment

GMTA!
                                Er.... what? Edit: Never mind, I've got it

I feel your pain... and yes, in answer to your email (and just to confuse everyone) I have re-rendered and will upload it once I've finished photgraphing children's clothing. Conservatory is perfect with the reflected snow so I can't miss this opportunity... or would be perfect if not for the snow on the roof blocking some light out. I'm not going out there to sweep it off though... uh, no. It's throwing it down out there and toasty warm in here.
                                Perfect

The school just texted to say they're staying open until 3.15 as normal but if we are concerned about weather we can pick our children up earlier.... er, no ta, I'm good thanks. *pours another cup of tea and puts Bargain Hunt on*
                                Our schools decided last night that they weren't going to be open today, at least 12 hours before it started snowing I guess in retrospect they were right

Why is it the weather forecasters are almost always right when they predict snow, yet more often wrong when they predict sunshine?

*checks out the window* Yep, still coming down...... I think I'm looking at about 8 inches now.........

Go on Cags, make something ickybah out of that

Comment

Working...
                                X