Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    You didn't? You definitely have to come back for that
    No! I went for the Trio because I figured I cold try more desserts that way, but it meant no sticky toffee pudding.

Originally posted by Luvnjoe View Post
    *bounces through thread*

I got a joooooob! Yes, I know we have the shop, but things are slow right now and we're having to supplement our income. This is pretty much a dream job, so yay for me!
    Woohoo! *shimmies*
    sigpic
    Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
    My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
    Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

*bounces through thread*

I got a joooooob! Yes, I know we have the shop, but things are slow right now and we're having to supplement our income. This is pretty much a dream job, so yay for me!
      Writing web content. It doesn't sound like much, really, but it's for a company I'm excited about and the people seem great. Hopefully, business picks up at the sign shop soon so I can be there full time, but until then it's nice to have a job to fall back on that I can be excited about.
      Yay!

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
      No! I went for the Trio because I figured I cold try more desserts that way, but it meant no sticky toffee pudding.

Woohoo! *shimmies*
      That's exactly the reason the Trio was invented Well then, I'll put you down for a sticky toffee pudding next time

Anybody else going to The London Film & Commic Con?

Comment

*bounces through thread*

Woohoo! Sounds like a perfect job for you.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
        I don't think anyone has mentioned this, but Adobe is GIVING away FREE Photoshop CS2. if you've ever wanted PS, now is your chance. It is a purely legitimate, legal copy. No, it's not the latest version and it doesn't do the new stuff like content aware filters, but it still is one of the top photoediting programs around. It is downloadable from Adobe here but I believe it is only for a limited time. Don't miss out!!!! I used this version for years - it's terrific
        Wow, that's very kind of them. I guess they are trying to combat piracy in a way by making some of their earlier stuff free. Good on them.

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post

Woohoo! *shimmies*
        Ah there WILL be a STP in your future.

Well, I am, but since we were talking about it over the weekend, you already know that.

I couldn't resist; it's dirt dirt cheap (£10 for both days for entry) and about 30 minutes on the tube from me - free travel for me and all that. Basically all I need to do is pay to eat and decide how much (if anything) I want to spend while I'm there on bits. I have to admit I am more interested in the dealer rooms and stuff this time, but will likely look in on some of the free talks if I can.

Urgh, the first school run of the year this morning was brutal. I am toying with the idea of going back to bed.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm about to give up and go for a nap - these 6.30am mornings don't suit me at all

Comment

Ah that wood be why you didn't answer your phone.

I have just had a lovely chat with a guy in Olrando. I love the way Americans say my name. (er, proper name that is).
            Anyway if you're Chevroning it, please check your PMs.
            sigpic

Comment

They really need to invent a cheaper way of travelling. If the plane ticket wasn't that expensive, I could be there. (Because let's face it, you can usually find a not too expensive hotel if you take your time and look and convention tickets are not that bad -- it's the flight cost that kills it every time ). *sighs*
              sigpic

Comment

*hugs EH-T for busy busy life*

Congratulation LJ on the new job! There's nothing better then doing what you love

I think Silvia, Wendy and Julie are going to LFCC as well
                sigpic
                Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                  *hugs EH-T for busy busy life*

Congratulation LJ on the new job! There's nothing better then doing what you love

I think Silvia, Wendy and Julie are going to LFCC as well
                  Yep! Though I'm just doing it as a day trip rather than the whole weekend. I believe Julie is doing the same but I'm not sure.

Is it bad that I'm really just going to get a photo with just me and Amanda? I'll probably end up getting somebody else's but that's my main reason!
                  sigpic
                  Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Cags, I'm finding your sig/avi set completely distracting! Loooove it!
                    sigpic

Comment

LFCC is a bit too far away for me, but I will be going to Phoenix Comic Con again in May and AT was announced as a guest, so bonus! I might get a photo op with her since I can't seem to get a decent one at any of the London events - maybe it's the jet lag, but I always look horrible.

I will also go to Creation's Grand Slam Sci Fi Summit next month - there are a lot of great guests (almost the entire TNG cast - only missing Wil Wheaton and Denise Crosby) and it is 10 minutes from my place. Can't really pass that up.

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                        Ah that wood be why you didn't answer your phone.
                        Yes, that's why - out like a light for two hours But I've texted everyone now so you should get some responses soon

I have just had a lovely chat with a guy in Olrando. I love the way Americans say my name. (er, proper name that is).
                        Anyway if you're Chevroning it, please check your PMs.
                        In Orlando? *sleep fuzzed brain does't get it*

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                        Yep! Though I'm just doing it as a day trip rather than the whole weekend. I believe Julie is doing the same but I'm not sure.

Is it bad that I'm really just going to get a photo with just me and Amanda? I'll probably end up getting somebody else's but that's my main reason!
                        Nothing wrong with that - by far the cheapest way to get one

Comment

Aaaaaaaaand Primeval: New World starts on Watch at 9pm tonight!! *happy dances*

Comment

Evening Woohoos

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                            I don't think anyone has mentioned this, but Adobe is GIVING away FREE Photoshop CS2. if you've ever wanted PS, now is your chance. It is a purely legitimate, legal copy. No, it's not the latest version and it doesn't do the new stuff like content aware filters, but it still is one of the top photoediting programs around. It is downloadable from Adobe here but I believe it is only for a limited time. Don't miss out!!!! I used this version for years - it's terrific
                            Alas it's too good to be true - saw about this on the IT list at work today. You have to already have a licence for CS2 to use it. Basically they've shut off the old licensing servers for CS2 so for anyone who already has it but needs to redownload they're offering these links. See the update at the top of this story.

Alas! Would be awesome if they did, and a fantastic progressive attitude, but that day has actually not yet come

Edit: just seen on AfA that ladygris downloaded it fine. Reading the comments at the bottom of the article I linked above it looks like Adobe messed up what they were intending to do and so it is available but they didn't want it to be and haven't or can't (or can't be bothered to) undo it

Yay!

That's exactly the reason the Trio was invented Well then, I'll put you down for a sticky toffee pudding next time

I want to! But there's a chance I may be in the States or just on my way back so I need to confirm that first. If I am in the country though then yes, definitely
                            Last edited by josiane; 08 January 2013, 09:05 AM.
                            sigpic
                            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Thanks I'm just a little bit hooked on him..........

You didn't? You definitely have to come back for that
                              Nothing wrong with that! My friend who went with me to see the movie is a HUGE Richard Armitage fan, so I think she was too distracted by him to look at the others. Kili is indeed quite hot for a dwarf.

LJ, congrats on the new job.

Josi, where in the states are you headed?
                              Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                                From my POV, it's a perfectly valid reason.

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                                I will also go to Creation's Grand Slam Sci Fi Summit next month - there are a lot of great guests (almost the entire TNG cast - only missing Wil Wheaton and Denise Crosby) and it is 10 minutes from my place. Can't really pass that up.
                                Woot! The TNG cast is also at Toronto Comiccon in March, so I will meet them there. I can take an overnight bus and stay a friend's house, so the trip shouldn't be too expensive! I sort of want to take the Cast Photo Op despite it being EXTREMELY pricy. My mind tells me 'once in a lifetime opportunity', but my wallet cringes. Haha!

Looks like Woohoos are going to be busy in conventions in 2013! If only Martin could attend one of them.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X