No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*huggles Woohoos* The end of the year doesn't look too bright for the most of you Hmpf!

From my side...in the end most things will solve! (positive thinking! )

My parents will be going to Italy again this Christmas(and leaving us behind ) buuuuut since they've been doing that since I was 16 I'm used to it Sunday I'm going to meet Tjinta's sister doggy(the tiniest one from the litter), on Christmas eve dinner with my cousin and going out after that, Christmas at granny with my brother and second Christmas day/Boxing day(as we celebrate in the Netherlands) at my other brother's place(the one with the baby). And then work again
    So....not that bad!

Just finished my SS barely on time! And soon off to my brother to discuss what we're gonna eat next Tuesday!
    sigpic

Comment

Christmas this year will be spend with friends and hopefully lots of Stargate and Sanctuary episodes...hugs to everyone and hope everything gets better... in the meantime, not thinking about any diets and eating lots of chocolate and drinking loads of booze... and it feels great!!

Hopefully we can get the man over for next year...it is not mission impossible...so in the meantime, eat drink and be merry..I have even put my bah humbug hat away.
      Claire
      xx
      ps what episode(s) of either show does everyone suggest I watch, I am going for Windows of Opportunity and The Hollow Men
      sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        That's great that you were short-listed for the first interview If you decide you don't want the job, at least you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you could have got it, and it's all good experience You need to not think about it again until after Christmas - after all, if you're not desperate to get the job there's absolutely no point in letting it ruin the holiday for you
        This. Absolutely This. Thanks for saying it so much better than I could have Jumble.
        Take it as a good sign that your prior experience and portfolio were enough to have landed you the interview out of a large list of candidates. That, in this competitive job market, speaks volumes. Even if you don't get a second interview, consider yourself qualified for the next and better job that comes along. If nothing else, you can consider this your "practice" interview for when it does.

I had a ridiculously short interview at Jobseekers this morning (having been kept waiting for 40 minutes past the appointment time ), only to be told that I'm sure to get more childminding work soon because people are crying out for good childcare. They just aren't crying loud enough for me to hear All I've heard for the past month is 'There are never enough good childcare places - you're bound to get something soon'

*sigh*
        Something will come your way Jumble. Have hope. (That's my new manta these days as I continue to search for work.) If you do end up doing retail work to tie you over until then, at least you've picked a time when there are many more retail positions available. I can't imagine it will be easy. I didn't enjoy my years in retail a million years ago but at least you have options.

Sorry about having to miss your dinner at Anderson's. I hope your daughter's horse doesn't require hospitalization.

Originally posted by Luvnjoe View Post
        Thanks for the huggles, everyone. I feel like I've been taking more than my fair share lately. Had a long chat with Hubby about being more supportive of my efforts (You know...raising two kids by myself, showing the house, and also finding a new house for us to live in), and things seem to have settled.
        Whew! Sounds like you're too busy for arguments with your hubby so I'm glad that's sorted out for you. Hang in there ok? Moving is one of the most stressful things a person can go through and having to do this basically on your own and during the holiday season means you'll need to be especially vigilant to take care of yourself so that you can take care of your kids and keep their Christmas spirit alive.

I'm thinking it's time for one of these

Thank goodness Martinmas starts tomorrow. We all need the smiles.
        sigpic

Comment

OH, I need to see if I can come up with anything for some of themes for Martinmas.
          Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Laurie! I needed that. *huggles Woohoos*

Maybe I'll get some art done today.
            sigpic

Comment

Can someone repost or give me a link to the Martinmas themes?
              sigpic

Comment

Can someone repost or give me a link to the Martinmas themes?
                It's here

Comment

It's here
                  ...and all my stuff is going to be about Joe. That's ok, right?
                  sigpic

Comment

*waltzes around, singing*

Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock
                    Jingle bells swing and jingle bells ring
                    Snowin' and blowin' up bushels of fun
                    Now the jingle hop has begun
                    Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock
                    Jingle bells chime in jingle bell time
                    Dancin' and prancin' in jingle bell square
                    In the frosty air....

...and all my stuff is going to be about Joe. That's ok, right?
                    Of course! We wood expect nothing less from you

*carries on singing*

Frosty the snowman
                    Is a fairytale, they say
                    He was made of snow but the children know
                    How he came to life one day

There must have been some magic
                    In that old silk hat they found
                    For when they placed it on his head
                    He began to dance around .......
                    Last edited by Jumble; 19 December 2012, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Evening Woohoos

Sarai - Just going to third what everyone else said Try not to think about it now and enjoy Christmas. And if you got yourself shortlisted from a lot of candidates then that's a massive achievement and the biggest testament to your skills and abilities and how you present yourself. Trust me, as someone who's done a lot of recruitment and seen it from the other side, that's the tough part. Once you get to interview there are so many factors beyond your control that you can't take it as any negative indication on you if you don't get the job in the end.

Jumble - I'll be keeping my fingers firmly crossed for you that some of these people needing childcare come your way soon! And really hope Suz's horse recovers soon and without too much expense.

LJ - *hugs* Glad you managed to have a talk with hubby Sounds like it's been tough on you lately.

MR - *hugs* for you too. Hope you do manage to get a rest at some point

And finally, did I see Oma?! *squishy huggles* Hope all the kids get better soon!

I am so ready for my Christmas break

And roll on Martinmas! I think we could do with a party round here
                      sigpic
                      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

After the HUGE success of the colour theme last year we're going to go with another theme....

1. 20s/30s and/or Lemon
                        2. Grungy and/or Apple
                        3. 40s/50s or Pineapple
                        4. Romantic and/or Satsuma
                        5. 60s/70s and/or Lime
                        6. Icky (Nad insists that is a style ) and/or Strawberry
                        7. 80s/90s and/or Blueberry
                        8. Western and/or Mango
                        9. Noughties/naughty-tens and/or Blackcurrant
                        10. Horror and/or Blood Orange
                        11. Sci-fi and/or Cherry
                        12. Vintage/retro/steampunk and/or Plum

I'm hoping to make a vid with all the themed art in like I did last year, so if you'd like to have your art included please make it 680x383px so it will fit the vid screen easily and pm it to me asap
                        Are we supposed to integrate fruit into our art?

(This is what I get for not keeping up properly.)
                        sigpic

Comment

Are we supposed to integrate fruit into our art?

(This is what I get for not keeping up properly.)
                          Basically, we've put lots of alternatives in there and you can interpret them any way you want I've incorporated the decades and the fruit colours in mine - in some cases I've used a picture of the actual fruit as a texture to get the colouring right But it's entirely up to you - just let your imagination run free

Edit: I missed your '69

Comment

I've now finished the AfA and WooHoo Advent vids, so just the Martinmas Theme one to do....... so I can relax for a while

Except, of course, I'll be starting to think about birthday stuff soon...... a WooHoo's work is never done

Comment

jumbly...with the themes for Martinmas...does it need to be Martin...or can it be whatever genre I like? I'm not good with knowing decades though...so I'll stick to the fruit!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                                jumbly...with the themes for Martinmas...does it need to be Martin...or can it be whatever genre I like? I'm not good with knowing decades though...so I'll stick to the fruit!
                                I haven't put Martin in all of my theme stuff, just gone with my imagination Do whatever you like - as long as most of us are here at some point during the Martinmas celebrations, that's really all that matters

Comment

Working...
                                X