Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freaking. Out. Need some good vibes please Woohoos

Spoiler:
    I have a job interview this afternoon which will mark my first ever job interview for graphic design. I don't know how it will differ from normal interviews, but I'm hoping it's more of an informal chat than an 'Apprentice'-type situation. It's the first time I'll have showcased my portfolio as well and I'm not exactly endowed with the gift of the gab so basically the whole thing has turned me into a gibbering wreck.

Added to that I got into work this morning (as some of you know my work environment isn't exactly rosey) only to be told the two other members of staff in the studio have handed in their notices to set up their own company. My job is *safe* but it leaves me working with a boss whom I don't particularly trust or get on with and leaves everything completely uncertain - a state of mind I don't particularly deal well with.

Added to the fact I'm AWFUL in interviews I'm literally a puddle at the moment. I know it's not the end of the world, I really do but I seem to have this awful habit of when anything goes wrong my mind presents me with every possible dreadful scenario to make me feel even worse.

*curls into a ball and cries*

Comment

Sarai, TAKE A DEEP BREATH!!!

You know you are good at what you do, you know you can do the new job, so just keep telling yourself that and then just be yourself!

As for your present work situation, you need to put that completely out of your mnd for the time being and concentrate on selling yourself to your potential new employers - no point in worrying about it because you're going to get the new job and therefore won't have to deal with it

*sends good luck vibes and squishy hugs*

Comment

*huggles Sarai* What Jumble said!!
        sigpic
        Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

*Runz in to send Sarai oodles and oodles of possy vibes*

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

*runz out to go watch my little angel being a... well, a little angel*
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
            *Runz in to send Sarai oodles and oodles of possy vibes*

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

*runz out to go watch my little angel being a... well, a little angel*
            Oh! Take pics! Or better still, video it

Comment

Thanks guys, trying to take deep breaths. Really, I am

Good luck to Ben, hope you have some tissues Cags!

Comment

*giggles*

sigpic

Comment

((((Sarai))))
                  *sends good vibes*
                  Kick bum!

*sends good angel-ey vibes to Ben*

*hugs WooHoos*

*shares the broccoli with Laurie*

Niiiice advent Josi!
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                  Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Oh, Cags, sending good luck vibes to Ben. I just realized he must be in a play, I thought you were actually saying how he's good as an angel
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                      Oh, Cags, sending good luck vibes to Ben. I just realized he must be in a play, I thought you were actually saying how he's good as an angel

Actually, he usually is

Comment

Sarai, You can do it! Sending *hugs* and the Force your way.
                        Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Yes he is good as an angel but he was playing an angel in the "nativity". Which was actually a version called "The Landlord's Cat" The cat in question just happens to belong to an innkeeper who, one late December evening, finds he's full up so ends up housing a desperate (and heavily pregnant) couple in his stables. You can probably work out how the rest goes. The nativity is seen through the cat's eyes. Sort of.

He was great. Although at the back behind a bunch of other angels so the one blurry pic I have is of him readjusting his halo so you can't see his face. And I forgot to charge the batteries on the video camera so, um, I only got a bit of one song.
                          Did I cry? Hell yeah! Part of me utterly amazed that I'm sat there watching my little miracle (coz he is) performing... something that, once upon a time, I never ever thought I would get to see... and then there's the bit that had the empty seat next to me... oh too many emotions. I'm going to crack open the booze tonight. I think I need it.

Will upload what I have (pics/video) later on. There's a mostly bare Christmas tree that's been waiting to be decked with something other than just lights for the last two days. Looks a bit forlorn!

*sends more ++++++ to Sarai*
                          sigpic

Comment

Sarai - I'm probably too late - but let me tell you what I see when I look at you. Beyond your loveliness, what I see is someone who enjoys life. Someone who takes what she gets and gives back more. Someone who can do the job because she know what she needs to do and can do it. That is the person that will be at the interview.

Take pride in your capabilities, in the work you can produce and show it. You aren't being cocky, just honest that you can and will do a good job for them. That is the person who will be at the interview. The person who will tell them YES, I can do the job you want and offer you more. Give them your best!
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh and for some info from my side - IT SNOWED LAST NIGHT! Yeah - It is beautiful outside with a blanket of lovely white snow everywhere. Probably won't stay more than a day, but I just love it when it snows! (Especially since I did my grocery shopping yesterday! )
                              sigpic

Comment

You weren't the only one shedding tears today Cags - I took Harry home and said goodbye to him and his lovely family His mum and I needed a lot of tissues

So that's it, as of now I am childless and unemployed

Comment

Working...
                                X