The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*waves*

I don't think I have time to participate in Sekrit Santa this year, alas.

Getting used to working again after a week off. So tired. Heading to NYC on Weds after my morning office session for Thanksgiving. And in that vein, I am VERY Thankful to know each and every one of you. Thank you for the woohoo love these last couple of years.

xo
    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
      *waves*

Getting used to working again after a week off. So tired. Heading to NYC on Weds after my morning office session for Thanksgiving. And in that vein, I am VERY Thankful to know each and every one of you. Thank you for the woohoo love these last couple of years.

xo
      *squishy-huggles* I feel the same way

About you, not the rest of the woohoo's, they are as Nad wood say: Icky!
      sigpic
      Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        To get Martin to Chevron 8.0, we just need to get him invited! There's a Guest Suggestion thread here - everybody go post!

Ohhhhhh! This could really happen!!!! *bounces*

Excited? Moi? Oh, just a little
        I decided to post on that site to help you out....but they won't accept my email address on GMAIL...said it was unacceptable for the area whatever that means.....sorry!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
          *waves*

xo
          Aw *huggles* Spreading the WooHoo love is what we like to do best

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
          *squishy-huggles* I feel the same way

About you, not the rest of the woohoo's, they are as Nad wood say: Icky!

Originally posted by llp View Post
          I decided to post on that site to help you out....but they won't accept my email address on GMAIL...said it was unacceptable for the area whatever that means.....sorry!
          That's weird

Comment

A lot of places won't take gmail addresses because, basically they're easy for spammers and scammers to set up (they pretty much ask you no details or need any verification). It could be that.
            I will try with my gmail account and see. If not, I will sign up with one of the other accounts.

*huggles MOB* for busyness.
            Last edited by Cagranosalis; 20 November 2012, 06:53 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

I was thinking, and yeah I used yahoo mail.
              sigpic

Comment

Yep, looks like it's a gmail thing.
                I better pick one of the other accounts then.
                sigpic

Comment

.... or you could sign up with all of them

Joking

Comment

.... or you could sign up with all of them

Joking
                    Are you?
                    sigpic

Comment

Believe me I thought about it. As it is I'm incognito in an attempt to be subtle.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                        Are you?
                        Yes

No

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                        Believe me I thought about it. As it is I'm incognito in an attempt to be subtle.
                        I saw And if subtle doesn't work, will we try the sledgehammer approach?

Do you know what really ticks me off more than anything else in the whole flippin' universe? People who think it's ok to park at the end of my driveway, thereby blocking my access to it I paid a substantial amount of money to get the kerb dropped so that it wood be illegal for anyone to park there, so what do they do? They totally ignore all the places where they CAN legally park and park where they legally CAN'T!!! And after I sat there with my indicator flashing and politely beeped my horn a couple of times with no result, the idiot was surprised when I got out of my car (in the rain) and requested that he move his car....... not so politely ..... and was even more surprised when, on telling me that he wood only be a few more minutes, I got out my phone, started dialling, and asked him how many minutes he thought it wood take the police to arrive.

He moved his car
                        Last edited by Jumble; 20 November 2012, 09:06 AM. Reason: Not curb, KERB!!!

Comment

You go girl! What an idiot...
                          sigpic

Comment

I love your official picture. You all look amazing

Jumble, thank you, I have to be honest, I missed posting here, making artwork and having fun with you. I don't know yet, but I will let you know asap. I am awaiting a family recommendation in the next few days. I am excited and scared at the same time It would be amazing if I lived somewhere where one of you live.
                            *hugs*
                            Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
                            / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

Numpty! You know pull up over a kerb if you really must but if someone makes it plain they need to get where you're blocking, you make damn sure you move your car ASAP!
                              The daft thing about the law is, it's illegal to block someone in but not to actually park over a dropped kerb. Therefore if you were out and trying to get in, that would be - legally - ok. Depending on your local authority of course and what bylaws they may or may not have passed. UK law is so complicated.
                              My local council put pretty white lines and marked bays all down our road to indicate where people could park... but the white lines where you're not supposed to park are totally unenforceable and parking has never ever been a problem down my road anyway. It was just a massive exercise in wasting money and annoying residents. Still, good old Hounslow Council have been experts at that for as long as I can remember so I should not be surprised.

On another note, my neighbour over the road told me someone got stabbed and killed outside our local post office the other night; a phone mugging gone wrong. How pointless is that? To end a life over a bloody phone. To sentence yourself to life in prison over it. Some things make no sense. I know I don't live in the poshest area but my little corner is usually quite crime free (people nicking birds from aviaries aside). It's got me thinking about the whole moving away thing again and I thought I'd kind of settled that in my head for the time being.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                                What a great pic! Only one thing to make it perfectly WooHooish...
                                Spoiler:
                                []http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Sanctuary/AT6-group-pic-2-Martin.jpg[/IMG]

This is fantastic!

I've had so many suggestions I think we'll settle for this one..............

The 12 Days of Martinmas 2012:

1. 20s/30s style and/or Lemon
                                2. Grungy style and/or Apple
                                3. 40s/50s style or Pineapple
                                4. Romantic style and/or Satsuma
                                5. 60s/70s style and/or Lime
                                6. Icky (Nad insists that is a style ) and/or Strawberry
                                7. 80s/90s style and/or Blueberry
                                8. Western style and/or Mango
                                9. Noughties/naughty-tens style and/or Blackcurrant
                                10. Horror style and/or Blood Orange
                                11. Sci-fi style and/or Cherry
                                12. Vintage/retro/steampunk style and/or Plum

Now I know that might look a bit complicated at first glance, but what I've done is give some leeway to those who can't come up with the 'decade' styles because it was waaaaay before they were born, or who simply prefer to go with the fruit/colour alternatives
                                Looks like great fun

Do you know what really ticks me off more than anything else in the whole flippin' universe? People who think it's ok to park at the end of my driveway, thereby blocking my access to it I paid a substantial amount of money to get the curb dropped so that it wood be illegal for anyone to park there, so what do they do? They totally ignore all the places where they CAN legally park and park where they legally CAN'T!!! And after I sat there with my indicator flashing and politely beeped my horn a couple of times with no result, the idiot was surprised when I got out of my car (in the rain) and requested that he move his car....... not so politely ..... and was even more surprised when, on telling me that he wood only be a few more minutes, I got out my phone, started dialling, and asked him how many minutes he thought it wood take the police to arrive.

He moved his car
                                Oy

Comment

Working...
                                X