No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The funny thing is, she knows more about my family history than I do - I didn't know that the name I knew her mother (my aunt) by was not her first or second Christian name but her third, and she actually had the same names as my grandmother (her mother), which caused a lot of confusion during the tracing process.

Just thinking about my aunt has brought back a lot of memories - I went to stay with her when I was about 3, and I clearly remember the house, the downstairs bathroom, the garden, and the red rocking-chair that I used to sit in whilst I listened to stories on the record-player (78's ), particularly Sparky and the Magic Piano, which I found on YT yesterday and found I still know a lot of the words to

And the piggy-bank she sent me for my birthday which was a treasured possession until my mother smashed it

*sigh*

It's knowing how much to say and how much not to

Comment

Yay for new puppies!!!

*careful huggles to Laurie* wish I could help somehow

Break a leg Josi - knock 'em dead!

Jumble - it's very awkward at first (I have a cousin I've never met who is into family research very heavily - done some wonderful geneaology research, back to our first ancestor to emigrate to America from York, England in 1640) but over time it really does get more natural. Heck, we chat all the time with folks we've never physically met! (she smashed your piggy bank? )
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        Just thinking about my aunt has brought back a lot of memories - I went to stay with her when I was about 3, and I clearly remember the house, the downstairs bathroom, the garden, and the red rocking-chair that I used to sit in whilst I listened to stories on the record-player (78's ), particularly Sparky and the Magic Piano, which I found on YT yesterday and found I still know a lot of the words to

Well there's a start. Tell her you remember the visit and describe the details. A nice icebreaker.

Big *hugggles* Laurie amd MOB. and squishy huggles for the cutesy new pups.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
          Well there's a start. Tell her you remember the visit and describe the details. A nice icebreaker.
          ^What Cags said
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
            Thanks for the extra huggles everyone. Today ended on a sad note, getting the actual devastating diagnosis for the lovely family. I look at the judgement passed on certain issues by a segment of American society, and it makes me sad. When I think about this family, I just can't imagine anyone sitting in judgement. Needless to say, I went to a brutal spinning class, followed by a glass of wine. Tonight I pick up a trashy novel and go to bed, looking forward to a couple of days off. xoxo my woohoo lovlies.
            Originally posted by llp View Post
            Having a really bad night. Pain in leg and lower back almost unbearable. Can't sleep so sitting here writing this as I rock back and forth to try and ease the pain....doesn't work!
            Huge hugs to you both.

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
            My puppy has puppies!!!!!!!!! Threee to be exact. They were so discusting at first, but now they're kinda cute!
            Yay!!!

Originally posted by josiane View Post
            *huggles MoB and Laurie and happy dances with Dee*

Boy this thread sure covers the whole range of emotion and experience sometimes.

Singing in a concert tonight, including a couple of solos Wish me luck!
            I'm sure it went well.

Yay for new puppies

Break a leg Josi

*huggles Laurie and MoB*

I've received an email from my Canadian cousin......... having difficulty figuring out what to say to her because it feels really weird
            I bet it does. I remember my mum saying the same thing when she discovered her long-lost half-uncle a couple of years ago, but they keep in touch regularly now. Just be yourself, be warm, and be open, and I'm sure it'll be fine. I know it's bound to feel awkward and a bit forced at first but remember that it's as weird for her as it is for you

*huggles*
            I agree, just be yourself.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Ah. That's UK 5 to 5.5... 5.5 just happens to be my shoe size.

These might be a 6 though, as very few shoes if this *ahem* calibre come in half sizes. Either way, for a quick slow and careful stroll, they'd probably do.
              I spent all the afternoon with my mum looking for shoes but I found almost nothing of my size!!!! My feet are tooooo tiny!
              sigpic
              My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Thank you everyone! (((squishy huggles)))
                It's been crazy two days of waiting and finally, phew.

And I have to say that I have the best vet in the world! He came by three times today, the last time with a colleague to make sure everything is alright, and just charged for the vaccine Sapa got, and all that after he endured me calling him from 3-4am (until I woke him up) only to tell him that Sapa is doing great.

I bet he deals with crazy people all the time.

Boy this thread sure covers the whole range of emotion and experience sometimes.

Break a leg!!!!

Yay for new puppies

Break a leg Josi

*huggles Laurie and MoB*

I've received an email from my Canadian cousin......... having difficulty figuring out what to say to her because it feels really weird
                I agree with everyone, just be yourself and it may be a rough and awkward start, but you'll get there. *hugs*
                sigpic
                Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by MayoGate View Post
                  And hi waving person Lol

Evening Woohoos
                  Evening =)

*waves to Amy* Sorry you've been sick, but good to see you back =)
                  Thanks hun =)

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
                  It's OK! I just needed to vent. There are examples, at least the prof said she posted some, but I can't find them. I have a friends who took the class a few semesters ago, but that just confused me more since she used a different kind of research method.
                  Fair enough =) venting helps! Maybe ask your prof where she posted them? Whenever my teachers said they'd posted notes nine times out of ten they hadn't actually done it yet - not saying it'll be the case but you never know. Failing that Nola's link will probably be more helpful =)

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                  That is very cool, Jumble!

Just need to say that I hate being the bearer of bad news. It's been a challenging day. The dark side of my job is very dark, unfortunately. =(

On the upside, I saw someone postpartum today who told her that I gave her the exact birth that she wanted (VBAC, epidural, short). I can't take credit for the latter, but it was nice to hear. =)

AT6 coming soon! Really looking forward to a long weekend away with y'all.
                  Sorry to hear you had a challenging day... at least there was some good news as well =)

I'm looking forwards to AT6 too - although I won't be there in person I'll be there in spirit

*bounces in*

*huggles Woohoos, especially the absent-returned Woohoos*

*bounces out*
                  *hugs you*

*chuckles* thanks for these!

That first one reminds me as well... my sister got engaged recently (not suggesting they want to kill each other mind!)

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                  Welcome back and thanks for the message. =)

LLP, I have had big bruises from a massage once, I bruise easily. Oh, and it would be a real shame if you couldn't find those shoes in time for me to embarass myself at AT6. =p
                  Because I can't help but be nosy... what's this shoe-talk about? Is there something special/magical about them?

I am full of cold. Again. Still, getting it out the way this week is a good thing I suppose. However I am putting off installing my new hard drive. I know it has to be done but it's about 3 days work. I just don't feel up to it right now. Perhaps I will leave it until after half term. Instead I've been doing this. I am up to 54 stations now but struggling without looking at a tube map. Biggest waste of time ever but, oh so addictive!

http://www.lookforlonger.com/
                  Hope you feel better soon, cold's suck Is there anyone you know who you could bribe ask to do the harddrive for you?

54 stations? that's impressive, I had a look and couldn't even get 1 :lol

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                  Good to see you again! Hope you feel better now! *huggles*

I got some money for doggysitting...and mom said I should give her some for all the worries she had and help she gave during that time I told her I *could* just take 'em out for dinner...macdonalds or so....she took that seriously and no mcdonalds because it was closed...so had to take 'em out for real Not that I mind though =P
                  Yes thanks *hugs back*

Boo for mcdonalds being closed - you could have taken them for a chippy instead

*removes shoe to check* the ones i am currently wearing are 7 1/2 but I also wear an 8 depending on the make. I could always duct tape a tip jar onto the top of the shoe!
                  Are you wanting shoes that hold your money? I didn't know they actually existed... if you get stuck you could improvise with boots and shove your money down the side. Oh and your phone. That's what I used to do when I went out anyway

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                  Afternoon Woohoos =)

So, I went to the hairdresser yesterday, but I'm not sure I like my new hair. It's not all that new, I've had a haircut like this before, but it's been so long and I don't think it suits me like it used to. First world problem, I know, it's just hair, but I'm a bit disappointed. Hopefully, they will grow back quickly.
                  Yep, it'll grow out =) Failing that (depending on how much you don't like it) you could get a wig

I'm sure it looks fine though

Originally posted by llp View Post
                  Having a really bad night. Pain in leg and lower back almost unbearable. Can't sleep so sitting here writing this as I rock back and forth to try and ease the pain....doesn't work!
                  *hugs*
                  Sorry you're having a bad night with pain... I'm sure you've tried to find a comfortable position and maybe taken pain meds... you could maybe try putting something warm on the painful areas? (hot water bottle or something?)

My puppy has puppies!!!!!!!!! Threee to be exact. They were so discusting at first, but now they're kinda cute!
                  Gz to your puppy =) Have they got names yet?

I realise I'm probably a little late - but good luck
                  sigpic
                  ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
                    Gz to your puppy =) Have they got names yet?
                    No, I'm gonna let their future owners name them.

About the shoes, I thought it was a joke, but apparently EH-T's gonna have a stroll in a stripper shoes. I'm still not sure if it's a joke or not...
                    sigpic

Comment

No, I'm gonna let their future owners name them.

About the shoes, I thought it was a joke, but apparently EH-T's gonna have a stroll in a stripper shoes. I'm still not sure if it's a joke or not...
                      Try not to get too attached to them then!

well as it's for a good cause, I wish her luck
                      sigpic
                      ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

*hugs Amy* Sorry you've been sick

*huggles for MoB*

*sending heaps of healing vibes to Laurie* I really do hope you feel better soon and make it to London. But more importantly, look after yourself.

*hugs Dee* Yay puppies!

*hugs Jumble* It all sounds like enough to make your head spin. I ditto what's been said about talking about what you'd remembered about the visit.

Knock 'em out with your singing, Josi!

Thank you all for the congratulations. I've got my car here, I've been driving it on my own. Pathetically got excited about driving to and from work...
                        sigpic
                        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Try not to get too attached to them then!

Yeah, I'm trying not to get attached but I think it's a little too late... good think 2 of them are going to the people I'm gonna see

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post

Thank you all for the congratulations. I've got my car here, I've been driving it on my own. Pathetically got excited about driving to and from work...
                          Hey that's huge! Good for you!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post

Jumble - it's very awkward at first (I have a cousin I've never met who is into family research very heavily - done some wonderful geneaology research, back to our first ancestor to emigrate to America from York, England in 1640) but over time it really does get more natural. Heck, we chat all the time with folks we've never physically met! (she smashed your piggy bank? )
                            Yes, on purpose. My mother was evil, but that's another long and boring story

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                            *hugs Jumble* It all sounds like enough to make your head spin. I ditto what's been said about talking about what you'd remembered about the visit.
                            That's what I did, then got myself into 'Hi, I'm Jumble and I can talk to anyone' mode

And I sent pictures of myself and my children

Nothing pathetic about it! It's totally AWESOME when you can finally go where you want, when you want, all by yourself Should I admit that I did that for six months before I took my test? No? Oh

It's not a joke - the shoes Laurie has have hollow heels with coin slots in them

Comment

Because I can't help but be nosy... what's this shoe-talk about? Is there something special/magical about them?

Are you wanting shoes that hold your money? I didn't know they actually existed... if you get stuck you could improvise with boots and shove your money down the side. Oh and your phone. That's what I used to do when I went out anyway

It's not a joke - the shoes Laurie has have hollow heels with coin slots in them
                              It started out as a joke and somehow, I don't know how but I blame llp, I have agreed to walk around AT6 wearing stripper shoes allowing people to donate to S4K and the Hearing Dogs charities by placing coins in the slot. Have ensured I have medical coverage for my trip as I'm likely to break a hip!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Jumble that's the spirit!!!

We should start a game. How long does it take for Jumble to tell her new cousin about Martin?

It started out as a joke and somehow, I don't know how but I blame llp, I have agreed to walk around AT6 wearing stripper shoes allowing people to donate to S4K and the Hearing Dogs charities by placing coins in the slot. Have ensured I have medical coverage for my trip as I'm likely to break a hip!
                                Good to know... to come prepared.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X