No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay - comments requested - is it normal to have some really large bruises after a massage? They hurt only if I touch them but there are 4 really ugly ones on my leg! But my leg and back do feel a little better in spite of these bruises! Just not sure I should do that again!
    sigpic

Comment

Hey all *waves*

Sorry I've been a bit absent as of late. I wood have popped by sooner but I've been bedridden with my illness the last month-ish (although it's partially my own fault for overdoing it when I went away with family for a few days ) Anywho... I hope everyone's keeping well

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
      Life doesn't allow enough time to read this thread! However, a quick scan of the page seems to indicate congrats are in order for Wendy and healing vibes are needed for Laurie.
      *joins you in congratulating Wendy and sending healing vibes to Laurie*

Has Lastrequest been by recently? I've sent her a pm about something I was going to get her at AT6 and haven't had a response yet.
      *waves* here I am and I've just replied to your pm, thanks hun

Originally posted by starlover View Post
      *runs around thread nekkid*

Why do I always make the wrong comments around my parents....have to take them out for dinner...again

*huggles Woohoos tightly*
      Oooo what comment did you make? Was it about dinner or is the dinner to make up for the comment?

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      Haven't seen her for awhile
      *waves* Hello you

I've just heard that I have a cousin living in Canada Yellowknife, up in the Northern Territories, so about 2000 miles north of Vancouver.

I think I mentioned a few months back that I'd heard from an aunt of mine asking me if I wood take a DNA test in order to prove that the person in question was definitely related, and it turns out that she is!
      Always nice to find more family

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
      I really hate homework. I have to design a research project and I have no idea how to describe how I'd analyze the data collected. I've never analyzed data before in my life! I hate research projects! I guess I should be glad I don't actually have to carry the research out.
      I wish I could offer some help/advice but my analysis skills only really stretch in any depth to film/tv (for my degree) are there examples of projects you could maybe have a look at get a better idea? what sort of data would the project be collecting?

Originally posted by MayoGate View Post
      Hi Wood people.
      I don't believe we've met, so I thought I'd wave hello to you
      *waves*

Originally posted by llp View Post
      Okay - comments requested - is it normal to have some really large bruises after a massage? They hurt only if I touch them but there are 4 really ugly ones on my leg! But my leg and back do feel a little better in spite of these bruises! Just not sure I should do that again!
      Not to my knowledge... was it quite a severe massage I've never had one myself but I wouldn't have thought it normal to bruise from one... if you're bruising so easily might be adviseable to ask your doc??
      sigpic
      ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Depends on the person - some people do bruise easier.

On your legs or arms I wouldn't worry, if you got bruises on your back or other places I'd be concerned...

Comment

And hi waving person Lol

Comment

Evening Woohoos

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post

I want to come more often, but life happens. And I actually have no good reason this time. I finished my winter semester at the end of September. I had the last three weeks off, and didn't work that much because there is no one at the Space Center at the beginning of the school year (it picks up around Christmas). Just take this week: I'm only working at the dance school, not studying nor working anywhere else.
            Sigh. Yep. It has a habit of doing that Always good to see you though

Want to know what happened?

DOCTOR WHO.

I watched it like crazy when I finished school, and then watched Torchwood simultaneously, and omgitissogoodwhydidn'tIwatchedthisbefore? Only catching a breath right now because I finished the 2009 Specials, and I need some time before I can watch the new Doctor.
            Another one bites the dust

I'm SO excited! I'm leaving in little over two weeks! (On November 4th exactly.) I still haven't bought a luggage, and I need to make sure I have everything I need. Omg, so much to do.
            *bounces excitedly* Can't wait to meet you!

Caught an episode of Supernatural last night - Chris Heyerdahl really gets around doesn't he? And almost always playing an evil part
            He does it so well, that's the thing

Now here is an interesting dilemma - Somewhere packed away in a box in my house are the shoes I am suppose to bring to AT6 for EH-T. The boxes that I can't really move right now. So how do I search for them if I can't move the boxes around? OY! Suggestions?????? please!!!
            I second Jumble's suggestion - don't think about it yet! There's still a couple of weeks for you to feel lots better before you tackle it
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*waves to Amy* Sorry you've been sick, but good to see you back

Laurie, I don't think it's normal to be bruised just from a massage Was it painful during the treatment? If not, I'd get it checked out because there could be an underlying problem.

Comment

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
                Hey all *waves*

I wish I could offer some help/advice but my analysis skills only really stretch in any depth to film/tv (for my degree) are there examples of projects you could maybe have a look at get a better idea? what sort of data would the project be collecting?
                It's OK! I just needed to vent. There are examples, at least the prof said she posted some, but I can't find them. I have a friends who took the class a few semesters ago, but that just confused me more since she used a different kind of research method.
                Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Haven't seen her for awhile

I've just heard that I have a cousin living in Canada Yellowknife, up in the Northern Territories, so about 2000 miles north of Vancouver.

I think I mentioned a few months back that I'd heard from an aunt of mine asking me if I wood take a DNA test in order to prove that the person in question was definitely related, and it turns out that she is!
                  That is very cool, Jumble!

Just need to say that I hate being the bearer of bad news. It's been a challenging day. The dark side of my job is very dark, unfortunately.

On the upside, I saw someone postpartum today who told her that I gave her the exact birth that she wanted (VBAC, epidural, short). I can't take credit for the latter, but it was nice to hear.

AT6 coming soon! Really looking forward to a long weekend away with y'all.
                  sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

*bounces in*

*huggles Woohoos, especially the absent-returned Woohoos*

*bounces out*
                    sigpic
                    Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Laurie - bruises are *possible*, but really, really, rare. My husband sometimes gets small ones because he's on serious blood thinners. (We both get massages once a week). If the therapist wasn't particularly rough on you, I would definitely have a check up with your doctor.

Padme - some ideas from this Social Research Methods site

Today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                        It is, but there's a very sad story behind it - her mother died a couple of years ago and never knew that her daughter was looking for her

Just need to say that I hate being the bearer of bad news. It's been a challenging day. The dark side of my job is very dark, unfortunately.

On the upside, I saw someone postpartum today who told her that I gave her the exact birth that she wanted (VBAC, epidural, short). I can't take credit for the latter, but it was nice to hear.
                        *hugs* for the downside But the upside makes it all worthwhile I bet

Looking forward to seeing you too

Comment

Hey all *waves*

Sorry I've been a bit absent as of late. I wood have popped by sooner but I've been bedridden with my illness the last month-ish (although it's partially my own fault for overdoing it when I went away with family for a few days ) Anywho... I hope everyone's keeping well

*joins you in congratulating Wendy and sending healing vibes to Laurie*

*waves* here I am and I've just replied to your pm, thanks hun

Oooo what comment did you make? Was it about dinner or is the dinner to make up for the comment?

*waves* Hello you

Always nice to find more family

I don't believe we've met, so I thought I'd wave hello to you
                          *waves*

Not to my knowledge... was it quite a severe massage I've never had one myself but I wouldn't have thought it normal to bruise from one... if you're bruising so easily might be adviseable to ask your doc??
                          Welcome back and thanks for the message.

LLP, I have had big bruises from a massage once, I bruise easily. Oh, and it would be a real shame if you couldn't find those shoes in time for me to embarass myself at AT6.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Caught an episode of Supernatural last night - Chris Heyerdahl really gets around doesn't he? And almost always playing an evil part
                            Oh he does so.

Now here is an interesting dilemma - Somewhere packed away in a box in my house are the shoes I am suppose to bring to AT6 for EH-T. The boxes that I can't really move right now. So how do I search for them if I can't move the boxes around? OY! Suggestions?????? please!!!
                            I will third the previous suggestions. Don't! I doubt EH-T will mind overly if you don't bring them.

Although EH-T, what shoe size are you? I don't have a pair with money slots but I do have a pair of heels of the type you are seeking. If they fitted you could probably call on them as a back up if it came to it?

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                            get the cats to look?
                            Or this!

That's cool but... sad. Still, finding long lost family is always a mixed bag but ultimately, the positive is, you know now and can work on building that relationship with Canadian relatives for the future.

If you bruise easily, maybe. If you don't then no. It might also depend on the type of massage as some are more deep tissue than others. I have had a Turkish massage before which is really rough but it didn't bruise me. I do not bruise at all easily though.
                            I think I would take Jumble and Nola's advice and go see someone about that. Bruising easily is often a sign of underlying health issues - even something simple like anemia which can be easily sorted - so it's worth getting it checked out. Might also explain why you put your back out again too.

*huggles* for the bad days but glad there's good to make up for it.

Nola, I had to at the cat one.

*huggles everyone*. Lovely to see some semi regular faces flying through the thread today.

I am full of cold. Again. Still, getting it out the way this week is a good thing I suppose. However I am putting off installing my new hard drive. I know it has to be done but it's about 3 days work. I just don't feel up to it right now. Perhaps I will leave it until after half term. Instead I've been doing this. I am up to 54 stations now but struggling without looking at a tube map. Biggest waste of time ever but, oh so addictive!

http://www.lookforlonger.com/
                            sigpic

Comment

Hey all *waves*

Good to see you again! Hope you feel better now! *huggles*

I got some money for doggysitting...and mom said I should give her some for all the worries she had and help she gave during that time I told her I *could* just take 'em out for dinner...macdonalds or so....she took that seriously and no mcdonalds because it was closed...so had to take 'em out for real Not that I mind though

*huggles*

*huggles all other woohoos*

*returns to work* Ahhh how I miss the times popping in in here from school/work!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                                Laurie - bruises are *possible*, but really, really, rare. My husband sometimes gets small ones because he's on serious blood thinners. (We both get massages once a week). If the therapist wasn't particularly rough on you, I would definitely have a check up with your doctor.

Padme - some ideas from this Social Research Methods site

Today's bits:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...ers/loveis.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...ewareofdog.jpg
                                http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...eatBritain.jpg
                                Thanks, Nola. I'll have a look at that. My textbook on the subject is so boring it puts me to sleep. I haven't had that happen since undergrad!
                                Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X