Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*drags Josi out of lurkdom to huggle and spread the love. *

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
    Thank you. Yes. I had to get a parking permit for the street I live on, but I'm fetching my car on Friday!

I think it's going to take a couple of days for it to sink in. Certainly nervous about driving my car from Nottingham to Derby by *myself* without anyone sitting next to me on Friday. But I think that'll be what finally makes it click.

That and when the new license arrives in a couple of weeks.
    Aw pht! You'll be fine. You will. A week after I passed my test, my company hired me a Nissan Primera and asked me to drive to Bournemouth and back in a day. I didn't crash it (crunched the gears a bit mind! ) I did 25,000 miles in that first year.

Thank you all for the congratulations and for the support you've given me.
    Aw shucks. *blushes* Just very happy you've made such a fab milestone.
    sigpic

Comment

Good evening WooHoos

Happy Birthday Joe

More congrats to Wendy

More healing vibes to Laurie

Today's bits:

That second one is really a lie - I've been crazy busy
      sigpic

Comment

Something tells me I missed the party with working and being sick. Darn.
        Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
          Yep, I'd counted you in Sarai, it's just the non-regulars that I need to sort out
          *hangs head in shame* I guess I'm part of those irregular people.

I want to come more often, but life happens. And I actually have no good reason this time. I finished my winter semester at the end of September. I had the last three weeks off, and didn't work that much because there is no one at the Space Center at the beginning of the school year (it picks up around Christmas). Just take this week: I'm only working at the dance school, not studying nor working anywhere else.

Want to know what happened?

DOCTOR WHO.

I watched it like crazy when I finished school, and then watched Torchwood simultaneously, and omgitissogoodwhydidn'tIwatchedthisbefore? Only catching a breath right now because I finished the 2009 Specials, and I need some time before I can watch the new Doctor.

So, anyway, caught up on the thread tonight, and like every time, you guys brought a smile to my face. *huggles Woohoos* Even when I'm not around, I think about you all the time and wonder how you are.

Happy belated Birthday to us, Nad, and Nola -- and anyone else I missed in catching up?

Saving myself some pm's.............

AT6 - ANDERSON'S DINNER

I now have the final numbers and I have room for everyone who asked to stay over - that makes 12 for dinner and 8 staying over
          I'm SO excited! I'm leaving in little over two weeks! (On November 4th exactly.) I still haven't bought a luggage, and I need to make sure I have everything I need. Omg, so much to do.

Originally posted by llp View Post
          Make that 9 of us and luggage!
          Just so you know -- for car-space issues -- I'll have my luggage(s?) with me because I'm leaving my hotel in London on Tuesday and my reservation at the Ren is only for Friday night. Can't really put it anywhere except with me.

*high-fives all the prepared WooHoos*

Hands up those who are going that don't have a WooHoo badge?
          *raises hand* Me, me, me! The Multi-Shipping Woohoo.

AT6 Attendees

Anyone interested in attending the chocolate party should go and add their names to the list here
          What exactly is the Chocolate Party? *Gabit newbie*

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
          http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq22/Dreaming_of_Winter/tgeamanda_zps30b10c98.jpg

*giggles*
          Can't green you, but THIS. IS. BEAUTIFUL.

*runs in* I have the greatest news EVER.

I just took my driving test this afternoon. I PASSED! Zero faults. First time. SO OVER THE MOON! This is why Jumble is bouncing.

I'm bouncing crazy high. I can't quite believe I did it. But I totally did.
          CONGRATS WENDY! Such awesome news.

Reminds me I have to do this too. I've had my Learner's Driver License (however you guys call it) -- meaning I took and passed the theory exam. That was three years ago. Never found the time/will to take my practice classes. Plus, I find them really expensive. But I have no excuse now as that was my birthday gift from my parents. They told me, "We know you're not going to get those yourself for a few years even if you want to, so we're going to help you by paying for them. You should learn how to drive." So, I guess it's going to happen in the next year or so.
          sigpic
          Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
          My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
          Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

All this talk of classes for driving makes me giggle. Here, depending on state laws, we don't have to take driving classes. In most states, you can get your permit when you are about 15. If you go to public school they usually have Driver's Ed as part of the curriculum, so you take it. But if you are like me and go to private school, or are home schooled, you can take separate Driver's Ed classes if you want. Technically, most states require you to take the classes before getting your license if you are under 18. But most states allow 18/19+ to get their license without taking driving classes, and some states let you get it while younger without classes as long as you prove you got the required driving hours in. In most states you also have to have "extras" if you are under 18/19, like a certain amount of hours driving with your permit, a certain amount of hours driving at night, etc. You get all that if you take the classes, but otherwise it is up to you and your parents and you have to be able to prove it.

I got my permit at 15 1/2 in Virginia, but you have to take the classes to get the license if you are under 19 (or prove you meet the required hours), IIRC. So when I went to Oklahoma for college, I waited less than a year and got my license, since you have to have an Oklahoma address (thank you college address lol!!!) for a certain amount of months (that I can't remember but it must be less than 5 lol because I got my car at Christmastime and already had my license, but school only started in August) months before getting an in state driver's license, but can be 18 and without the required hours. They have restrictions about the type of car you can use to take your test in (in the town I live in you have to provide your own car to test in, but some other towns/states provide a car) and then the tester tells you what to do and where to go. I had to take my test twice because the first time I didn't see the school zone sign, and I wasn't looking for one so far from the school. I'm pretty sure it's an automatic FAIL if you "speed" through a school zone lol!!! But then I took it a few weeks later and passed!!! Had my license for about 6 years now, though bars hated me for the last 2-3 years because I still had the "under 21" license and didn't bother getting a new one until it expired this past year, so they had to actually read my license rather than just glance at it.
            sigpic
            Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
              *hangs head in shame* I guess I'm part of those irregular people.
              I meant those WooHoos that don't often get to the WooHooMeets, not on here

I'm SO excited! I'm leaving in little over two weeks! (On November 4th exactly.) I still haven't bought a luggage, and I need to make sure I have everything I need. Omg, so much to do.

Just so you know -- for car-space issues -- I'll have my luggage(s?) with me because I'm leaving my hotel in London on Tuesday and my reservation at the Ren is only for Friday night. Can't really put it anywhere except with me.
              That's ok - there will now be fewer of us staying over on the Thursday, so there's plenty of room for your luggage

*raises hand* Me, me, me! The Multi-Shipping Woohoo.

What exactly is the Chocolate Party? *Gabit newbie*
              It's where people bring chocolate and share with everyone - usually we all try to bring something that is available in our own country but not in others

CONGRATS WENDY! Such awesome news.

Reminds me I have to do this too. I've had my Learner's Driver License (however you guys call it) -- meaning I took and passed the theory exam. That was three years ago. Never found the time/will to take my practice classes. Plus, I find them really expensive. But I have no excuse now as that was my birthday gift from my parents. They told me, "We know you're not going to get those yourself for a few years even if you want to, so we're going to help you by paying for them. You should learn how to drive." So, I guess it's going to happen in the next year or so.
              You need to check if it applies to you, but in the UK the theory exam pass is only valid for 2 years - if the practical test hasn't been passed by then the theory has to be retaken.

Caught an episode of Supernatural last night - Chris Heyerdahl really gets around doesn't he? And almost always playing an evil part

Comment

Now here is an interesting dilemma - Somewhere packed away in a box in my house are the shoes I am suppose to bring to AT6 for EH-T. The boxes that I can't really move right now. So how do I search for them if I can't move the boxes around? OY! Suggestions?????? please!!!
                sigpic

Comment

get the cats to look?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                    Now here is an interesting dilemma - Somewhere packed away in a box in my house are the shoes I am suppose to bring to AT6 for EH-T. The boxes that I can't really move right now. So how do I search for them if I can't move the boxes around? OY! Suggestions?????? please!!!
                    My suggestion is - forget about it for a couple of weeks until you're feeling better Didn't you label your boxes this time?

Comment

I meant those WooHoos that don't often get to the WooHooMeets, not on here
                      Ok! Well, it still is me haha, but that's not my fault. It's the whole 'living across the pond' thing.

It's where people bring chocolate and share with everyone - usually we all try to bring something that is available in our own country but not in others
                      Yum! Chocolate! ... Now, what chocolate is available only in Quebec? That, I have no idea. o.o Will have to find!

You need to check if it applies to you, but in the UK the theory exam pass is only valid for 2 years - if the practical test hasn't been passed by then the theory has to be retaken.
                      Yes, I think we have something like that too. I need to check. I know I'm okay right now though. (Thing is, they changed the law right after I took my theory test, so I'm not on the new rules, but on the old ones, so it's a bit weird. Anyway, will figure it out.)

Going to the hairdresser this morning! Haven't been there in 8 months. It should be interesting!

Have an awesomely awesome day Woohoos!
                      sigpic
                      Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                      My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                      Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Life doesn't allow enough time to read this thread! However, a quick scan of the page seems to indicate congrats are in order for Wendy and healing vibes are needed for Laurie.

Has Lastrequest been by recently? I've sent her a pm about something I was going to get her at AT6 and haven't had a response yet.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

*runs around thread nekkid*

Why do I always make the wrong comments around my parents....have to take them out for dinner...again

*huggles Woohoos tightly*
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                            Life doesn't allow enough time to read this thread! However, a quick scan of the page seems to indicate congrats are in order for Wendy and healing vibes are needed for Laurie.

Has Lastrequest been by recently? I've sent her a pm about something I was going to get her at AT6 and haven't had a response yet.
                            Haven't seen her for awhile

I've just heard that I have a cousin living in Canada Yellowknife, up in the Northern Territories, so about 2000 miles north of Vancouver.

I think I mentioned a few months back that I'd heard from an aunt of mine asking me if I wood take a DNA test in order to prove that the person in question was definitely related, and it turns out that she is!
                            Last edited by Jumble; 18 October 2012, 09:03 AM.

Comment

I really hate homework. I have to design a research project and I have no idea how to describe how I'd analyze the data collected. I've never analyzed data before in my life! I hate research projects! I guess I should be glad I don't actually have to carry the research out.
                              Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                                The rule doesn't state that you have to buy something from them to have signed - they aren't out to make a profit. If you want more clarification on the rule and see if a specific thing can be signed, you can ask them directly ([email protected]). I believe they are concerned about copyright issues as well as appropriateness of items, but they would have more insight into their reasoning than I would.
                                Hi Wood people.

What Antoa said basically.

It's not the greed thing - what do you think this is? Creation? ;-)

It's mostly copyright issues. You can get photos signed you've taken yourself, photos your friends have taken if you have their permission, a drawing you've done...

But manipulations are out, and unofficial photos you don't own the copyright for. I know ripping off other people's pictures is common-place online, but the bottom line is that it is actually wrong.

Plus, it's a large dose of politeness in my opinion, the Tapping might not like what you've done with her face, and the idea of her sitting down to approve every bit of 'art' people made is just... yeah.

There will be plenty of photos to buy if you don't have anything 'legal' - some new exclusive ones for s4k I believe too.

One thing I would mention though, Denny is actually going to be there so if you've doctored any of his pictures for your sigs or avatars I wouldn't log in to GateWorld in his presence - it's bad form

Comment

Working...
                                X