The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    The wasp nest is dead but there are still a few strays flying about so the tilers gave up and left - they'll be back tomorrow.
    Here in Scotland we call a wasp's nest a byke. I remember years ago teaching a first year class (ages 12/13) when we realised that there were lots of sleepy looking wasps flying around and lying on the floor.
    The girls all began screaming, and the boys tried to stand on as many wasps as they could. It was chaos as I shepherded them all out of the room.
    You have to be careful of these stray wasps, as they can be vicious wee beasties.
    sigpic

Comment

SyFy have picked up Primeval: New World for the US audience See articles here and here. And for once the UK will get a show before the US

The wasp nest is dead but there are still a few strays flying about so the tilers gave up and left - they'll be back tomorrow.
      See, I thought I had heard that the US was getting Primeval: New World!

Jumble: Hate wasp - glad they are "almost" gone. Now get those tilers back to finish your roof. Can't have a proper party in November with a hole in the roof! We would all be looking upward and running into each other! Now what is this about your blood test? You don't need anything else right now! One thing at a time and then no more!

As for my house - well the rest is up to me. Still have about 15 boxes or so to unpack - all in the 2nd bedroom. But need to make a little more sense out of my office first. Think a lot of those things go into here. What isn't unpacked will go into the closet on Monday - guest coming on Tuesday. Well not a guest - but an old family friend I have know all her life (she is about 4 years younger then me!) Sort of an extended family!

And this afternoon I am going to Skype with an old college friend that now lives in Costa Rica. Are friendship goes back to about 1969! Man - I've known some of these people for a hell of a long time!

Well back into my office. Things unpacked but not put away yet! My next chore!
      sigpic

Comment

if someone is interested about what happened in Rome when we met Gillian Anderson: http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/3...1#post13519771
        sigpic
        My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Got my grades in today. Had to do it a day early because I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and won't be at school in the afternoon.

Glad they got the nasty wasps sorted. Now maybe the tilers can get their work done. And the blood test????

Loved the report chemmy!

Today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

Although I don't 'love' Castle, I do find it amusing at times...........

"I ain't afraid of no ghosts!"

Much!

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
              Here in Scotland we call a wasp's nest a byke. I remember years ago teaching a first year class (ages 12/13) when we realised that there were lots of sleepy looking wasps flying around and lying on the floor.
              The girls all began screaming, and the boys tried to stand on as many wasps as they could. It was chaos as I shepherded them all out of the room.
              You have to be careful of these stray wasps, as they can be vicious wee beasties.
              I'm totally loving imagining you say "vicious wee beasties" in a Scottish accent.
              sigpic

Comment

Although I don't 'love' Castle, I do find it amusing at times...........

"I ain't afraid of no ghosts!" Much!
                Are you still having that visiting ghost come by occasionally for a visit? Personally, I've never seen one, but would find it interesting as long as it doesn't want to harm me (or anyone else I'm with at the time! )

As for Castle - I really enjoy the show. I always love murder mysteries and I enjoy the play between them as well!
                sigpic

Comment

Now on a totally different subject - I am having houseguests on Sunday for about 5 days. I hope they don't mind a lot of clutter. No way am I going to get everything put away by then. I'm lucky to have about 70% of it put away and about 1/2 of that where it is suppose to be! Hey, after a while you just want things out of site!

I invited one person to take me to have a procedure done (they are going to put me asleep for it) and I need a ride home - she invited her former son-in-law to drive up with her (her daughter died) and he invited his new girl friends! What can I do - I still need her here to drive me - the extra (basically unwanted) baggage is coming along! It's a package deal - take it or leave it! And one is a male (so can't romp around in my pj's) and the other one is a total stranger (comment withheld! ) Sometimes you just have to scream silently!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                    Now on a totally different subject - I am having houseguests on Sunday for about 5 days. I hope they don't mind a lot of clutter. No way am I going to get everything put away by then. I'm lucky to have about 70% of it put away and about 1/2 of that where it is suppose to be! Hey, after a while you just want things out of site!

I invited one person to take me to have a procedure done (they are going to put me asleep for it) and I need a ride home - she invited her former son-in-law to drive up with her (her daughter died) and he invited his new girl friends! What can I do - I still need her here to drive me - the extra (basically unwanted) baggage is coming along! It's a package deal - take it or leave it! And one is a male (so can't romp around in my pj's) and the other one is a total stranger (comment withheld! ) Sometimes you just have to scream silently!
                    That stinks!! If it were me, I'd speak to the friend and explain that the place is still too cluttered and you don't feel comfortable with a bunch of people, let alone strangers, seeing it like that. Tell her that, while you understand she'd like the company of her son-in-law for the drive, you just aren't comfortable with his girlfriend whom you haven't met staying with you. And on top of it, while it's a lot more put together than it was, the house still isn't ready for more than one or two guests at a time. Tell her that perhaps next time it will be more put together and able to host the girlfriend.

Though, IMO, she should have checked with you first, before even asking her son-in-law. And she definately should have checked with you before he asked his girlfriend!! It's extremely impolite to just assume that extra guests are okay, especially if some of those guests are strangers.

And the pajamas...Ehh...Depends on what they look like lol. I usually wear a tank top and either pants or shorts for mine, so I don't really care who sees me in them. I've even gone to the store in them. Of course, in this part of the country it's rather common to be at the store in PJs, though some of us at least have the decency to put on a bra lol. It's your house, unless it makes you massively uncomfortable, wear whatever the heck you want. If he's uncomfortable, it's his problem, and maybe his MIL's problem. You should be comfortable in the privacy of your own house.

That's my two cents on it lol. Good luck with it all!
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Amen True! I cannot believe the nerve of bringing along not one, but two more people - uninvited. You could always greet the extras at the door with a brochure for a local hotel.
                      sigpic

Comment

Are you still having that visiting ghost come by occasionally for a visit? Personally, I've never seen one, but would find it interesting as long as it doesn't want to harm me (or anyone else I'm with at the time! )
                        Hasn't been seen for awhile - ghosts don't bother me

As for Castle - I really enjoy the show. I always love murder mysteries and I enjoy the play between them as well!
                        I like murder mysteries too, but IMO Castle really doesn't cut it with the storylines and I'm not impressed with Nathan Fillion's character *shrugs*

Went for the one week check-up for my eyes - passed with flying colours and now have 20/30 vision, which may well improve as the weeks go by. The optometrist thought I was there for the four week check - said she'd never seen eyes so bright and clear on a one week check so I must have been taking great care of mine Swelling and bruising has almost gone already. Only have to use one lot of drops now instead of three, don't need the nighttime goggles anymore and am allowed to do light exercise. Next check is in three weeks and that should be it!

The new roof saga continues - the tiles are all off, but then it started raining so they just covered it with a tarpaulin and toddled off home, won't be back until Monday

Comment

Well, that's just....rude!!

Went for the one week check-up for my eyes - passed with flying colours and now have 20/30 vision, which may well improve as the weeks go by. The optometrist thought I was there for the four week check - said she'd never seen eyes so bright and clear on a one week check so I must have been taking great care of mine Swelling and bruising has almost gone already. Only have to use one lot of drops now instead of three, don't need the nighttime goggles anymore and am allowed to do light exercise. Next check is in three weeks and that should be it!

The new roof saga continues - the tiles are all off, but then it started raining so they just covered it with a tarpaulin and toddled off home, won't be back until Monday

Yay for the check up But for the roof, hopefully the weather will let up come Monday and they will get it done.

I got Ellie's main Christmas present today - all that overtime last week meant I could get her something a little more expensive than I normally do (I know she doesn't need the expensive stuff but sometimes it's nice to surprise her, especially as she never asks for anything big because she knows I can't always afford it) Not like me to be so organised
                          She's also decided that she would like to go to London with a couple of friends for her Birthday. A visit to the Natural History Museum and a meal... Her Birthday is New Years day and trying to find fun stuff to do in the dead of winter is not easy so it sound like a great idea to me

On the downside, my laptop's power cable is getting 'glitchy' and keeps cutting out. Poor thing is getting on a bit now.
                          sigpic
                          Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Prodigal Woohoo returning to the fold

Had a fun week with my friend here, but boy it's tiring having guests

So how is everything in Woohoo World? I've missed you all! *squishy huggles you all tight*
                            sigpic
                            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Another wayward Woohoo poking her nose in after a long absence. Thank you Jumble for graciously reminding me that I don't need good news to be able to post here.

spoilered for RL stuff
                              Spoiler:
                              I'm job searching again and not liking the jobless situation as money is so tight. In addition to the worrying it's making me very grumpy.

Sooooo, they say the best way to ease your own troubles is to do something for someone else so I'm here to sprinkle the thread with long overdue (from me) huggles and to do some dancing to encourage some smiles for everyone...not nekkid dancing though. I'm not that brave.
                              sigpic

Comment

*huggles Estrela and dances too*

What? I've been watching Strictly
                                sigpic
                                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Working...
                                X