• Show
Clear All

I wouldn't mind taking the train back
    sigpic
    Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
      I wouldn't mind taking the train back
      Shouldn't be a problem - just heard that, sadly, Sil won't be coming, so that's one less space needed. Anywoo, plenty of time to sort it all out

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        Um.... are you and Josi not bringing both your cars? I had assumed you wood be, because if you're not planning to it could give us a problem with getting everybody back to the Ren on the Friday I'd better get that pm sent so we know exactly what the numbers will be.
        I was going to say... *cough 7 seater cough*

And then I realised that I'm not staying on the Thursday night so not be much use!

But anyway, if push comes to shove, we'll get everyone back to the Ren on Friday somehow.

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
        You'll be in excellent company - have you seen the Woohoo Cocktail Party vid??
        Aww, love the video.

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
        I hate this time of year, every day seems to involve seems to involve a frenzied encounter with one of our eight-legged friends in which I invariably come off worse. Grr.

Conkers. What you need is conkers.

*makes mental note not to tell Sarai about the absolutely huge monster I evicted the other week*

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
        Good friends + good food + lots of laughter +/- alcohol = a very successful party.

Indeed. You'll always find plenty of that in my home. Especially the alcohol.

Oh I have a job lot of extra large martini glasses now and some real home grown strawberries in the freezer so I think there's daquaris all round. And a proper home made mojito too (which knocks spots off the shop bought stuff).

I don't think I had any alcohol - too busy filming and giggling at everybody
        I believe I have seen the film of you with TWO wine glasses.

She said she'd seen a few others but hadn't felt comfortable with any of them, so I'm really hoping she likes me.
        *sends positive work vibes*

Oh and uhm, yes, this weekend, I will bring the two airbeds so you have them ready. I also have a spare quilt and some pillows if you need them (but will need them back for you staying here the next two days) .
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
          I was going to say... *cough 7 seater cough*

And then I realised that I'm not staying on the Thursday night so not be much use! But anyway, if push comes to shove, we'll get everyone back to the Ren on Friday somehow.
          But as a fallback, if we get stuck, maybe you could take a couple of strays back with you after dinner and drop them at the Ren?

Oh I have a job lot of extra large martini glasses now and some real home grown strawberries in the freezer so I think there's daquaris all round. And a proper home made mojito too (which knocks spots off the shop bought stuff).
          Can I have mine sans strawberries? Or does that defeat the object?

I believe I have seen the film of you with TWO wine glasses.
          Nono, you were seeing double after all those cocktails you swallowed

*sends positive work vibes*
          Thank you

Oh and uhm, yes, this weekend, I will bring the two airbeds so you have them ready. I also have a spare quilt and some pillows if you need them (but will need them back for you staying here the next two days) .
          Ah, you're definitely coming this week-end? Yay! Saturday and staying over for Sunday lunch?

Comment

But as a fallback, if we get stuck, maybe you could take a couple of strays back with you after dinner and drop them at the Ren?
            Yep, can do.

Can I have mine sans strawberries? Or does that defeat the object?
            You can have a rhubarb daquari instead.

Nono, you were seeing double after all those cocktails you swallowed
            I believe photographic evidence does exist somewhere.

Ah, you're definitely coming this week-end? Yay! Saturday and staying over for Sunday lunch?
            Yes, I am, although it might have to be just Sunday because Monkey cat is poorly (again) and I don't fancy coming home to 24 hours of cat vomit and little puddles of bloodstained wee. Actually I will worry about her. Worrying already about October and leaving her for the week but can't be done. Might have to try and get a house/cat sitter that week. She's off the vets tomorrow and if the usual treatment does it's magic she will be better by Saturday we will stay over, if not, there's always next time.

*huggles*
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
              Yep, can do.
              Great, thanks

You can have a rhubarb daquari instead.
              Lovely

I believe photographic evidence does exist somewhere.
              I'm pretty sure I destroyed all evidence of anything involving me that night

Yes, I am, although it might have to be just Sunday because Monkey cat is poorly (again) and I don't fancy coming home to 24 hours of cat vomit and little puddles of bloodstained wee. Actually I will worry about her. Worrying already about October and leaving her for the week but can't be done. Might have to try and get a house/cat sitter that week. She's off the vets tomorrow and if the usual treatment does it's magic she will be better by Saturday we will stay over, if not, there's always next time.

*huggles*
              Aw, poor Monkey

Whatever works for you, just let me know

Comment

Honestly the cat is a nightmare. Between the sicking up and the peeing... and then there's the fact she purrs and paces on me all night long... or yanks my socks out the drawer and howls like a loon inviting her non existent kittens to eat the prey she so cleverly "hunted". I am sure she's a bit senile! Never ever get old... Fortunately she only ever wees in the bathroom so I see it (probably exactly so I can see it) but the cat sick? Always on the hall carpet. I am going to rip it up next year and put some laminate down on that bit. Sick of it looking skanky where I've had to clean it up and then walked all over it while damp.

Owners of young, fit cats; take note for I am your cat lady future.
                sigpic

Comment

Loooong day at work. Such happy talk to come home to! (well, except for the sicky kitteh bits - hope Monkey gets better fast!)

Today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

Well spent half my day doing "escrow" work again. What is the purpose of having an escrow agent if she doesn't know what she is doing? Neither do I but I ask a few questions, figure it out and get it done, one way or the other! So obviously - didn't close. Then to top it off - my painter got really sick and has cancelled on me. Now I have to find another painter so he can get started the moment I get keys! Remind me why it is good to own your own home????? And I bet you are all sick of hearing me whimper about all the garbage I've had to go through as well! I say sorry, but I'm not! You're my sounding boards!

Now on to other things - anyone know where the Sanctuary auction for S4K is being held - got the website - anyone?????
                    Last edited by llp; 18 September 2012, 04:58 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Laurie - do you mean the one Gillian is talking about on Twitter? It's here

Comment

I just realized it was time for my '69! *tosses confetti*
                        sigpic

Comment

Note to all: Falling asleep on the sofa with a cat asleep on you chest does not mean a good nights sleep!

Ok. In that case you can either go to Farnham or Aldershot - both are very near me so no problem picking you up - just let me know what time
                          I'll look into it and get back to you on that one - is there any time that would be best for you?

*hugs* for Laurie I've never owned my own home so I don't know how much stuff is involved but you do seem to be having a time of it! I really hope you get it sorted soon
                          sigpic
                          Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                            Note to all: Falling asleep on the sofa with a cat asleep on you chest does not mean a good nights sleep!

I'll look into it and get back to you on that one - is there any time that would be best for you?
                            Any time after 2pm will be fine. I may have a couple of children with me but that won't matter
                            Last edited by Jumble; 19 September 2012, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Happy '69 Nola!!!

And happy '69 Woohoos!
                              sigpic
                              Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Finally - going to leave in one hour to sign the papers on my house! YEAH!!!! It has been a long long struggle, but this part is almost over. Now, still looking for a painter! Doesn't look like on is available until October! So going to work on getting flooring/carpets done and all the appliances and the cleaning before I move next week on Friday! YEAH!

Am I happy - oh yeah!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X