Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
    What are you doing this weekend?
    Going to Sunday lunch at Anderson's with you?

I think I phrased it as a general question about the movies as it is part of a series, but said I was particularly interested in Martin's one. I interpret the response as a no to any of the movie series in the UK.
    Oh well.......... the first two are available on Amazon, so I'm assuming the third will turn up there eventually

Lump of coal under the pillow too mean?
    Just a bit

Sorry, I meant to come back earlier but have been busy parcelling up a whole stack of stuff I sold on ebay tonight. Massive dilemma now on whether to post the larger/heavier items via couriers (which are of variable reliability) or to take a small hit on the P&P and post via Royal Mail. We're talking about a £1 difference here, on things I'm making a decent amount of money on anyway. I'm inclined to trust royal mail more than someone like Yodel but not sure if that's because I've never used them before. Decisions decisions.
    For the sake of £1, I'd say go with the tried and tested. Although, I have had stuff delivered by Yodel - on time and with a smile

Glad to hear the party went well Nola - and lovely photo

Comment

Lovely family Nola!
      sigpic
      Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Great family Nola!

Well colors have been chosen. Now all I need it the house! Already got a painter lined up to paint. Hope there is something for him to paint! Lots of pretty colors!

Now I am thinking I need new carpets as well, but wondering if I should put wood floors in the living room and hallway (actually laminated - but looks the same) and carpet the bedrooms. Opinions????

This discussion has moved over to FB if you want to add comments!
        Last edited by llp; 17 September 2012, 05:01 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Like I said on FB, my personal preference is for carpets everywhere except the bathroom and loo - I like to be barefoot and I find wood/laminates/tiles are too cold to walk on Plus, carpets are a lot easier to keep clean - a quick whiz round with the vacuum cleaner and you're done! No messing about sweeping, mopping and waiting for it to dry

Just had a call from my Doctor's surgery - he wants to see me, something to do with the blood tests I had the other day. I was told not to worry, but that's not easy

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
            Like I said on FB, my personal preference is for carpets everywhere except the bathroom and loo - I like to be barefoot and I find wood/laminates/tiles are too cold to walk on Plus, carpets are a lot easier to keep clean - a quick whiz round with the vacuum cleaner and you're done! No messing about sweeping, mopping and waiting for it to dry

Just had a call from my Doctor's surgery - he wants to see me, something to do with the blood tests I had the other day. I was told not to worry, but that's not easy
            I hate that when they say you need to come it because of some test - but of course - don't worry! That is a bunch of crap. Then why are you calling me? Even if it is nothing - the fact that you called would cause anyone to normally worry!
            sigpic

Comment

I'm sure it's nothing Jumble, but understandably you'll worry. When are you seeing him?

Gave my documents for UK visa today... *fingers crossed*
              sigpic
              Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

It can't be nothing, otherwise they woodn't have called. Apart from that, I had the tests on Friday and was told to ring for the results next Wednesday, so it seems odd that the results are through already and the first thing the Doc does is call me in for an appointment

Still, no point in worrying.

*goes back to PSing Martin to take the mind off it*
                Last edited by Jumble; 17 September 2012, 11:28 AM.

Comment

On the other hand, 4th October isn't exactly an 'urgent' appointment so it can't be anything terrible

Comment

Yep, I double-posted on purpose so I could do this.........

..... and show off more AfA challenge entries.........

Comment

Wow Jumble! Love the new set I like that style.
                      (And WooHood! on the '69 )

*hugs WooHoos*

There are rates for tooth fairy visits? Are they influenced by inflation, gas prices and the financia crisis? Interesting stuff!

Did you try it?
                      I saw it as a dare. We had crumpets, we had marmite...

Originally posted by llp View Post
                      (((WAVES))) to everyone! Still waiting to close on my house! Maybe????? this week. Running out of time! Needs to be painted, cleans and carpets cleaned. They have a dog...cats don't like the smells of dogs! Needs to smell like cats!
                      *crosses fingers*

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                      What exactly goes on under the bus?

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                      The birthday party was great.
                      Spoiler:
                      [IMG ]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/th_Shannonsbirthday2012.jpg[/IMG]
                      Oldest grandson, youngest daughter, middle daughter, oldest (step)daughter - the birthday girl, youngest grandson, youngest granddaughter

Today's bits (rather late, I know!)...
                      Nice pic! Thanks for sharing that

On the other hand, 4th October isn't exactly an 'urgent' appointment so it can't be anything terrible
                      Probably not.
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                        Wow Jumble! Love the new set I like that style.
                        (And WooHood! on the '69 )
                        Thanks

Believe it or not, I've found some pics from TSE that I either hadn't seen before or had filed away and forgotten about Mind you, my brain wasn't exactly grounded when all those pics arrived, so........

I blame Martin *nods*

*hugs WooHoos*

There are rates for tooth fairy visits? Are they influenced by inflation, gas prices and the financia crisis? Interesting stuff!
                        Influenced by all of the above - tooth fairies do have overheads to consider you know

I saw it as a dare. We had crumpets, we had marmite...
                        Good for you! And what was the verdict? Do I need to send more to feed the addiction? Because I can you know

Probably not.
                        Time will tell Probably just a glytch in the cholesterol levels or something

Comment

No. not really. I had blood tests done a while ago, got the all clear for what I thought it was but asked to go in anyway. Ended up seeing the nursey who did blood pressure height weight and a load of other things / questions and then calculated out my odds of dropping dead from a stroke or heart attack. Nice! Not!
                          Apparently, it's standard practice for everyone over 40... I am officially old.

So, umm... glass half full and all that; could just be something like that. Or, as you say, something glitchy. I would say no point worrying but... *sigh* of course you will anyway. *huggles*

OK so the Tooth Fairy Renumeration Question has now become relevant. Benjabubs lost his first tooth today. I asked him how much he thought the tooth fairy would leave and he said 10p. *shrugs* so that's what I'm leaving.
                          Now... do I have to don a tu tu and wings before I creep into his room and replace the tooth with something more acceptable in the local sweetie shop? Or can i get away with the stripey jim jams and old cardi I am wearing at the moment?
                          sigpic

Comment

If he's asleep, it really doesn't matter what you wear. If he's awake, there's nothing that you could wear that wood disguise who you *really* are...

Today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

Just bought my flight to AT6. Arriving Thursday morning and flying home Monday afternoon.

Looking forward to Anderson's dinner. This is still happening, Y?
                              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

all this talk of Anderson's and creme brulee...I've told my husband that I want to go to the Brazilian steakhouse for dinner and a creme brulee for my birthday next week.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X