X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    Wood you have her any other way?
    Well, no I guess I wouldn't

Besides, the fact that she was confident enough to spend that time away from you and 'appears' to be taking you for granted just proves that you've brought her up in a stable environment (emotionally) and made sure she knows you will always be there for her - well done you!
    *grins*

She is surprisingly independant and confident given the fact she was scarily shy until she was almost 5 - I think school knocked it out of her!
    sigpic
    Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
      Well, no I guess I wouldn't

*grins*

She is surprisingly independent and confident given the fact she was scarily shy until she was almost 5 - I think school knocked it out of her!
      Don't kid yourself! School alone couldn't have done that - you played a big part too

Believe it or not (and I'm sure nobody will ) I was painfully shy until fairly recently. School and a total lack of parental support made it worse...... but I was determined my kids woodn't suffer that way and I really think that seeing them grow up into confident people was what gave me the confidence I appear to have now
      Last edited by Jumble; 06 September 2012, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Evening Woohoos

Oh yes! I have to watch that virus too.

Welcome home Ellie! Glad she had a good time

One more day to go for me and then a whole week off work and full of fun stuff - Last Night of the Proms on Saturday, then birthdays Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Can you believe James is going to be two in a week's time?
        sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Welcome home from travels abroad little one!

Two already???

Today's bits: (an indication of what the day has been like)

sigpic

Comment

Don't kid yourself! School alone couldn't have done that - you played a big part too

Believe it or not (and I'm sure nobody will ) I was painfully shy until fairly recently. School and a total lack of parental support made it worse...... but I was determined my kids woodn't suffer that way and I really think that seeing them grow up into confident people was what gave me the confidence I appear to have now

Well I've tried my best with her and I am proud of how confident she is. I think it will be good for her as she grows up.

I'm not shy as such, more socially inept at times

Originally posted by josiane View Post
            Evening Woohoos

Oh yes! I have to watch that virus too.

Welcome home Ellie! Glad she had a good time

One more day to go for me and then a whole week off work and full of fun stuff - Last Night of the Proms on Saturday, then birthdays Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Can you believe James is going to be two in a week's time?

Yes she did - at least what little I heard about between her coming home from seeing her friends, watching last weeks episode of Dr Who and then going to bed, all within an hour!

Will James be hitting the 'Terrible' two's? I love them at that age, so inquisitive
            sigpic

Comment

Came for a quick visit, but no one is home! However just to let you know the following was posted on Twittter:

Jules Verne Festival in Paris October 10, 2012 - Guests include RDA and Amanda Tapping!

Now back to staring at my mailbox.....waiting for a letter to confirm that one of my retirement checks will come every month until I know longer exist - may, just maybe the last thing required to approve the loan - that is as soon as the HOA send in some form. Oh please come soon! I'm going nutz!
              sigpic

Comment

I hate that virus.

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                Glad you had a great weekend MoB! The pictures I saw on Twitter were awesome. I loved your costumes too! And *hugs* on going back to work right after a convention. Happened to me too. How dead I was that week.

Nola -- Like Jumble, I think you're right about what happened. There's nothing you can do about it, so focus on those that want to learn and don't mind the few homework you give them.

Jumble -- I think I caught that virus. The housework I did this weekend... Don't give me another weekend off because I might do it all over again!

Today was an eventful day for me. I had a class this morning, then got back home, went to the gym, did some school work, went to work at the Space Center where I got to meet mayors from all over Canada because they were here tonight, and am now trying to study a bit because tomorrow and Friday are similar days. But I feel quite good, so it's not a complaint! Just a really busy day!

*hugs Woohoos*

EDIT: This is the source of great inner debate : http://www.amazon.com/Sanctuary-Comp...N%3DB008I34Z34

'Tis a really pretty box?
                *here* This might help. *hands her a chocolate Millenium Falcon* I picked up the Falcom shaped ice tray at the Con. You can use it for chocolate too.
                Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

i'm still alive! Still in the middle of a moving...

Anyway, did you play with the StarTrek theme on Google?

edit: my timing is amazing! 69th post!
                  sigpic
                  My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                    Will James be hitting the 'Terrible' two's? I love them at that age, so inquisitive
                    Yep! Let's hope they won't be too terrible though He's amazingly inquisitive now and so very very chatty!

I was just on the phone to my sister (which also nowadays involves brief interludes of "conversation" with James on the phone) and while I was on the line to hear she quizzed him about birthdays:

Anne: James, what's happening next week?
                    James: birthday
                    Anne: And how old will you be on your birthday?
                    James: two!
                    Anne: What do you get on your birthday?
                    James: Presents!
                    Anne: And what else?
                    James: Cake!
                    Anne: And what goes on top of the cake?
                    James: Candle
                    Anne: What do you do with the candles?
                    James: blow
                    Anne: James, whose birthday is first next week?
                    James: Auntie Jane
                    Anne: And whose is the next birthday?
                    James: Uncle Graeme
                    Anne: And then whose birthday is it?
                    James: JAMES!

Seriously the cutest thing ever! He's been singing happy birthday to himself too all the time too apparently He's clearly been well drilled on what to expect!

Originally posted by llp View Post
                    Came for a quick visit, but no one is home! However just to let you know the following was posted on Twittter:

Jules Verne Festival in Paris October 10, 2012 - Guests include RDA and Amanda Tapping!
                    Paris isn't that far away... Not that I could go then anyway as it's the middle of term

Now back to staring at my mailbox.....waiting for a letter to confirm that one of my retirement checks will come every month until I know longer exist - may, just maybe the last thing required to approve the loan - that is as soon as the HOA send in some form. Oh please come soon! I'm going nutz!
                    *hugs* Surely you must be coming to the end of all this paperwork at some point soon?!
                    sigpic

Comment

Yep! Let's hope they won't be too terrible though He's amazingly inquisitive now and so very very chatty!

I was just on the phone to my sister (which also nowadays involves brief interludes of "conversation" with James on the phone) and while I was on the line to hear she quizzed him about birthdays:

Anne: James, what's happening next week?
                      James: birthday
                      Anne: And how old will you be on your birthday?
                      James: two!
                      Anne: What do you get on your birthday?
                      James: Presents!
                      Anne: And what else?
                      James: Cake!
                      Anne: And what goes on top of the cake?
                      James: Candle
                      Anne: What do you do with the candles?
                      James: blow
                      Anne: James, whose birthday is first next week?
                      James: Auntie Jane
                      Anne: And whose is the next birthday?
                      James: Uncle Graeme
                      Anne: And then whose birthday is it?
                      James: JAMES!
                      Sooo cute! Almost makes me want another one of my own..... I said ALMOST!!!!!!!

Well Ellie went back to school and left me all alone today. Just couldn't wait to see all her friends and her teacher

Had a brilliant conversation with my Mother late yesterday afternoon.

Her and my Dad were due to be flying out to Ireland today for my Cousins wedding so she was obviously trying to get everything sorted from coming home from their holiday as well as trying do get everything together to take with them, Dad was on his way to drop off Ellies bits and pieces when she called me. I knew it was going to be a fun conversation when it started out like this:

Mom: You know that wedding we're going to tomorrow?
                      Me: yeah.
                      Mom: I'm an idiot.
                      Me: Why?
                      Mom: I forgot to book the flights..........
                      Me :

Needless to say I deserve the most fantastic Birthday present this year, not only did I find them flights they were from our local airport! So after arriving back at 3am yesterday they had to catch a flight at 6.45 this morning to Dublin! And people say I'm disorganised!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh dear! Super-daughter to the rescue hey?!
                        sigpic

Comment

Oh dear! Super-daughter to the rescue hey?!
                          I don't even know what she was thinking. I asked her about a month ago if she wanted me to look for flights and got a 'No that's fine, I've got it covered' answer.

Although coming back will be interesting because I couldn't check them in and print their boarding passes for them - Flybe only open check in 36 hours in advance - so they'll have to sort that out themselves on Sunday and my Mother is a very nervous flyer so I imagine my Dad was having a great time
                          sigpic

Comment

Good afternoon WooHoos!

Just struggling with a migraine today and glad it's the weekend.

Today's bits:

oh, and I think this is true...

sigpic

Comment

*shuffles out from behind the Hippy bus*

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                              Good afternoon WooHoos!

Just struggling with a migraine today and glad it's the weekend.

oh, and I think this is true...

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...nstruction.jpg

So true.

Huggles for the migraine.

Aw Jane... James sounds utterly adorable. I remember that age. Treasure the moments....before they get older, got to school and discover that wonderful thing called "lip" and "backchat". *sigh* yes, these days everything is "my fault". Benjabubs falls over and it's my fault... Benjabubs treads on the cat's tail and it's my fault... Benjabubs spills his milk and it's my fault... you get the picture.

Huh, RDA and AT in Paris in October. Hmm, not going to be happening. I would love to (just to say I have) but it's midweek so that's out. Hey ho. The stupidly ironic thing is, I probably should have been due a trip back to Paris this October for Charles long service award. It's really been 10 years since we went.

Right, sorry folks for being completely rubbish at being here lately. Life has just been particularly manic lately. Benjabub's started the summer holiday oozing pus from a nasty ear infection - perforated his eardrum - which sounds worse than it is since I've been told it should heal nicely with a bit of monitoring. And with the wedding (aka The Big Fat Gay Wedding) and all that... let's just say I think I have perfected the art of cupcake making along with a whole bunch of other crafty activities. I may endeavour to make some special rainbow cupcakes woohoo stylee for AT6.

And for those who haven't seen my efforts on FB: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5511148&type=3 (temporarily public).

I have, literally, missed weeks of updates but from what I can glean, Jumble's shoulder is getting better, James is cute, MR's daughter is home and being huggled to bits, and Laurie's housemove is well underway. And something about Nad's mum being awesome. Along with Martin... and Joe of course, coz he's always awesome. Did I miss anything?

*huggles woohoos*

*slinks back under the bus and wonders who grabbed all the pizza*
                              sigpic

Comment

Look at the early birthday pressies from MR! Shiny new sig and avi!

Cupcake talk makes me hungry. They look really yummy Cags!

Tonight was my first day back at the dance school. First time meeting this new group. They're fantastic! Lots of energy, but it's all well-placed. Can't wait to meet my other group tomorrow! Though it's only the oldest groups starting this weekend. My kids start next weekend -- and I won't be there because it's the weekend of my finale production. So meeting my little ones will have to wait two weeks. Boohoo.

*huggles Woohoos*
                                Last edited by LadyGalaxyJ; 09 September 2012, 12:53 PM.
                                sigpic
                                Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                                My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                                Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Working...
                                X