Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*waves to Oma* Wonderful to see you!!!!

Loving the Amanda spam

Edit: Oma, PNW= Primeval: New World. Martin's the EP and directed at least one ep.
    sigpic
    Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

*pokes Dee* Hi Great to see you to! Although you are looking rather scary atm *hides from sig*

Edit: Ah! Thanks!
      sigpic

Comment

Omaaaaaa!!!!

*squishy huggles*

sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
          *pokes Dee* Hi Great to see you to! Although you are looking rather scary atm *hides from sig*

Edit: Ah! Thanks!
          *pokes you back*

*in the eye*

Cause it's fun.

As for the sig... talk to Josi!
          sigpic

Comment

Such a lot of happy goings-on! Suffice it to say - congrats to all (new apartment, new house, new Martin pics, new messages, new eyes, new con reports...)

Today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

I'm back home safe and sound. Issac was never a threat, but the weather people sure tried to convince us he was. I think with all the Star Wars fans bringing the Force with them to Florida, we willed the storm away. If you are a friend of mine on FB you can see the pictures I took. I didn't take half as many as two years ago. Partially because I'd already had my picture taken in front of all the prop and set replicas.

I hope everyone had a great and fun Woohoostock.

And Happy Birthday to Amanda Tapping!

Did I miss anything important?
              Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Everyone wanted a picture so here I am with a Clone, a Padawan, and another Jedi Knight. I'm in the gold outfit with the black embroidery. I couldn't get my lightsaber off my belt easily or I would have been holding it in a ready stance.

Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                  *hugs WooHoos*

*hugs Martin, just because it's more fun when Jumble can't see.*
                  You know, it's not nice taking advantage of the visually impaired

Originally posted by llp View Post
                  Jumble - First - congrats on hearing (even though for now it is second hand) from Martin again. Very happy for you.

Now - so you're thinking about laser surgery for your sight - YEAH! I had it about 15 years ago and have never regretted it. I needed it for distance and have had 20/20 vision in one eye and 20/30 in the other one - done on purpose so I wouldn't have to wear reading glasses for a long time....although I do need them now - but I am 65 so understandable. But my distance vision has never changed and never will! Been thinking about doing it for reading but it is only good for awhile because it is an aging process and can't stop that. But still thinking about it.

The whole surgery took only about 5 minutes (for both eyes). Yes 5 minutes. Took longer to prepare then do the surgery. They give you drops in your eyes so they are numb and you don't feel a thing. You sit is a chair similar to a dentist chair but has a larger head rest. One eye took about 40 seconds and the other one about 70 seconds but that was the bad one - the one that is now 20/20. You can see immediately after the surgery all though it is a little blurry because your eyes are a little watery. After surgery I had about 20/40 but it improved over the next week or so which is normal.

The whole thing was scarier to think about rather than to do! In fact, immediately after surgery (about 20 minutes later) the doctor had me talk to a man about to have the surgery that was really nervous. He couldn't believe that I just had the surgery! YES!, it was that easy. Just find yourself a good doctor that is the key to everything.
                  I think I've found a really good doctor - he explained everything in great detail and answered all my questions very thoroughly. The upshot is that I only need to get one eye done (which is great as it will only cost me an arm and a leg whereas I expected it to be both arms and both legs ), and the appointment is made for the end of September. In the meantime, I am currently typing this without my glasses thanks to the temporary contact lens that I've got in for a week (made to the prescription that the laser surgery will be done to) just to make sure that my brain is willing to learn the new scenario of having one eye perfect for distance (which my right eye apparently is) and one for reading/computer I'm still a little scared, but a lot more confident than I was.

Messages from Martin and new pics .....wait... There are pictures of Martin that Jumble hasn't seen?!?! Never thought I'd see the day! LOL! That t-shirt is special though, me likez it
                  Oh come on - you can't expect me have every pic of him ever taken.......... yet

I missed Woohoodstock? That sucks. I need to make/find/steal a time turner so I can spend some quality time here!
                  Yes you do! *huggles*

Heh, awesome vid Jumble! I think you cast Nad as the crazystalkerlady just right
                  Thank you, and that was entirely unintentional......... honest

Originally posted by clairec007 View Post
                  Martin at con, why are we never told in advance!!!!
                  Because, in this instance, it was a last minute decision. Shame, because I already had the time off booked and could have gone to see him

Comment

You Woohoos are pretty awesome peeps, you know that?

Beautiful Amanda art everyone! I feel a bit sad that I didn't remember it was her birthday so soon after FanExpo. I would have wished her a Happy Birthday there. Guess I was too concentrated on NOT freaking out and shaking like a fangirl -- which I did, so I failed at that also. Haha.

And I would never had known which panel to go to see Martin if Amanda had not told me. So thank you Amanda for helping little Woohoos follow Martin everywhere!
                    sigpic
                    Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                    My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                    Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                      You Woohoos are pretty awesome peeps, you know that?

Beautiful Amanda art everyone! I feel a bit sad that I didn't remember it was her birthday so soon after FanExpo. I would have wished her a Happy Birthday there. Guess I was too concentrated on NOT freaking out and shaking like a fangirl -- which I did, so I failed at that also. Haha.
                      Oh, join the club - we all react the same when meeting Amanda

And I would never had known which panel to go to see Martin if Amanda had not told me. So thank you Amanda for helping little Woohoos follow Martin everywhere!
                      Poor Martin! Seems he can't go anywhere these days without bumping into a WooHoo or two Good thing he loves us, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                        Poor Martin! Seems he can't go anywhere these days without bumping into a WooHoo or two Good thing he loves us, huh?
                        I was so shy! No one was staying to talk to him after the panel and he was talking to the other producers who had done the panel with him. I was waiting patiently by the side for him to finish his conversation -- you know, being polite. The ladies of Space who were there were eyeing me suspiciously, and one of them had to tell Martin I wanted to talk to him. I was like "How do I introduce myself? What do I say?" But he is charming and quite handsome, so it was all good after a few seconds.
                        sigpic

Comment

Some of you might have seen this on FB, but I wanted to share it anyway because.

sigpic

Comment

Lol, we can all definitely sympathise with the shaking when meeting AT. I'm already starting to worry about AT6 and the cocktail thing...thankfully there'll be Laurie, EH-T and Claire there.

Good thing we did the group photo at AT5 otherwise I probably wouldn't have done it at all, because I'd have passed out or something. *giggles* Will we be doing that again?

*huggles Martin* Because I can.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                              Good thing we did the group photo at AT5 otherwise I probably wouldn't have done it at all, because I'd have passed out or something. *giggles* Will we be doing that again?
                              Hell yes!
                              I want one where I'm in it! *purely selfish*

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                                I was so shy! No one was staying to talk to him after the panel and he was talking to the other producers who had done the panel with him. I was waiting patiently by the side for him to finish his conversation -- you know, being polite. The ladies of Space who were there were eyeing me suspiciously, and one of them had to tell Martin I wanted to talk to him. I was like "How do I introduce myself? What do I say?" But he is charming and quite handsome, so it was all good after a few seconds.
                                You could just walk up to him?! That's bloody awesome! Seriously, upload those pics!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X