The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    I don't know, maybe we didn't have a WooHoo to send on that particular errand?
    Probably. Guess we were too busy with someone else?

Originally posted by llp View Post
    OMG - buying a home has got to be the most complicated thing I have ever done - and I say this after helping to build and secure a network with hundreds of computers and dozens of servers...etc.

Every day I am unindated with pages of documents which I am suppose to read - and then I have questions (because it says one thing but the seller has done something else)!!! And I haven't even gotten to the appraisal yet! (Or even close to owning the place)! Please have some mercy! My poor brain is getting tired. And with all of this I am still packing boxes and more boxes! Will this ever end (and happily please!)

I need some broccoli! Or plenty of wine!
    *hugs*
    *Sends some broccoli too*

Originally posted by josiane View Post

Last day of the Olympics today. What on earth am I going to do once it's over?!
    Save money on tissues!

I haven't really been following everything, but it turns out that I saw more than I intended to. I think I'm actually going to miss the Olympics.

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
    Why is it that the weather has been beautiful for the past couple of days but today, when I have to go shopping for Ellie's school uniform and my holiday next week, it decides to rain!
    I think it has something to do with cosmic laws of life and the universe? Or something like that...
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Just had to break the sad news to Cags that there will be no Anderson's desserts or chicken pie on Thursday - I forgot Stuart and Alyson were going away this week

I can't remember ever going to a WooHoomeet without a coldbox full of Anderson's desserts

*sends wine and hugs to Laurie*

Edit: Nad, I think the phrase you're looking for is 'Sod's Law'

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
        I think it has something to do with cosmic laws of life and the universe? Or something like that...
        Yup definitely... normally I am the most disorganised Mother in the world when it comes to getting Ellie kitted out for the new school year, but seeing as she won't be back from travelling through Spain and France with my parents until the day they are due to go back to school I thought I had better get it sorted.

Trying to figure out how I have gone from looking forward to my nice quiet week off before I go away to agreeing to hold an extended (overnight) study session for four 9 year olds who have to do a WW2 project before they go back to school in September AND look after my 4 year old Niece for 3 days... something went wrong!
        sigpic
        Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Ah MR, that sounds like what often happens to my planned quiet days - we just don't know how to say 'No!'

Halfway through S2 of TDZ, and so far I've spotted amongst the actors....

Peter Wingfield (Sanctuary's Watson)
          Jim Byrne (Sanctuary's Magnus Snr)
          Garry Chalk (The Russian General in SG1 - Watergate amongst others)
          A guy from Homeland Security in SG1 whose name I don't know
          Sean Patrick Flanery (Orlin in SG1)
          David Ogden-Stiers (One of the Ancients in Atlantis, but also well known as Maj Winchester in M.A.S.H.)

Quite a few others where I'm thinking 'I know that voice/face, no idea where from'

Comment

I adored Peter Wingfield in Highlander. Sooo cool.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
              I adored Peter Wingfield in Highlander. Sooo cool.
              Never saw it.

Comment

You've missed a great series then. Starred Adrian Paul. Totally yummy.
                sigpic

Comment

Hm. Matter of opinion I guess. I don't remember the show having any appeal for me Wasn't it Christopher Lambert in the original movie? I seem to remember not thinking much of that, so that was probably what put me off the series *shrugs*

Comment

Happy belated birthday Jumble! Sorry I couldn't be here on the 10th!
                    *sends love and huggles*

Thursday? You must be tired if you don't know what day it is, or was it wishful thinking to skip a day? *huge hugs* Hope the rest of the week flies by for you
                    I was really tired.
                    But my horrible week is at last over, and I'm going to spend the next three days out of town. Nothing better than to relax near a lake, even though I hear it's going to rain, so there won't be a lot of sunbathing.

I also technically go back to school on August 16th. The strike movement seems to have died down during the summer (probably with every going on vacation and such), but who knows how people will react when it's officially time to go back. I must say I fear for my semester a bit. I don't want to lose it.
                    sigpic
                    Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                    My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                    Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

as a history buff, all the flashbacks back in time really appealed to me. Plus, Adrian Paul was very easy on the eyes - he was a dancer first and has a great body!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                        Happy belated birthday Jumble! Sorry I couldn't be here on the 10th!
                        *sends love and huggles*
                        Thanks

I was really tired.
                        But my horrible week is at last over, and I'm going to spend the next three days out of town. Nothing better than to relax near a lake, even though I hear it's going to rain, so there won't be a lot of sunbathing.
                        Just being away from the hustle and bustle can often be enough to recharge your batteries Hope you have a nice week-end *hugs*

I also technically go back to school on August 16th. The strike movement seems to have died down during the summer (probably with every going on vacation and such), but who knows how people will react when it's officially time to go back. I must say I fear for my semester a bit. I don't want to lose it.
                        *crosses fingers for return to normal*

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                        as a history buff, all the flashbacks back in time really appealed to me. Plus, Adrian Paul was very easy on the eyes - he was a dancer first and has a great body!
                        Ah, history is probably my least favourite subject in the world - that explains our differences over Highlander! Just having a great body doesn't cut it for me

Comment

There's a Spencer in the Olympic's closing ceremony organisation. 'I am the Walrus' with Hippy Bus? It's a standard WooHoodStock saturday night. *nods*
                          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

But it sounds so mean!

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post

Gah! Enough is enough.
                            *hugs*

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                              There's a Spencer in the Olympic's closing ceremony organisation. 'I am the Walrus' with Hippy Bus? It's a standard WooHoodStock saturday night. *nods*
                              Darn! I missed that, having changed channels when some guy was really hurting my ears with his baaaaaaad singing

And now we have the Spice Girls attempting to relive their youth...........

*switches back to 24 hours to kill*

Comment

And that has to be the worst rendition of 'Wonderwall' that I've every heard

Comment

Working...
                                X