The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all! *lots of huggles*

Thanks ever so much for the prayers and healing vibes!! My sister is doing well! She's home and has been resting so much and on some meds but should be fine once the incisions heal.
    No news on Grandma.

Laurie! Congrats on the house!

And Wendy, I'm praying for you and your family!

As for the Olympics, the only parts I've seen are the swimming and some of the gymnastic events.

Nola, the wine one made me laugh!

I agree...when I first saw Young I was like "Jonathon!"
    Swim Trunks...that's getting a bit dirty

*waves to the lurkers*

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
      But I see you still love Martin, so all's good.
      Yes, just thought I'd remind him

I wood have loved to have ''Young’s Fencing Sabre''.
      Oh well.
      Of course you wood! Really, I think the GW PTB should pay more attention

Glad to hear your sister is doing well Tinnec

Swim trunks aren't dirty, they're......... wet!

Laurie, this is your last chance to dump all the stuff you don't need, otherwise it'll be with you forever I still have boxes in my loft that haven't been unpacked since I moved here......... nearly 23 years ago!

Comment

Busy Busy Busy!

I really should know better than to not pop into this thread for a couple of days..... some downright bizarre conversations going on!!

Yay for the new place Laurie Boo for the packing and sorting you have to do though!

*hugs for all woohoos*
        sigpic
        Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

You obviously don't know us well yet MR - bizarre is us

Comment

Oh hey look at that.... been a while since I've seen one of those

You obviously don't know us well yet MR - bizarre is us
            Oh no I do, just seemed a little more out there than normal
            sigpic
            Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

Originally posted by tinnec View Post
              Hi all! *lots of huggles*

Thanks ever so much for the prayers and healing vibes!! My sister is doing well! She's home and has been resting so much and on some meds but should be fine once the incisions heal.
              No news on Grandma.
              Good!

I agree...when I first saw Young I was like "Jonathon!"
              Swim Trunks...that's getting a bit dirty

*waves to the lurkers*
              I was thinking ''nice'', but I guess it depends on how clean your mind is...

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
              Yes, just thought I'd remind him
              Yes. You need to.

Of course you wood! Really, I think the GW PTB should pay more attention

Swim trunks aren't dirty, they're......... wet!
              They absolutely should. *nods*

And it depends on where one does the swimming.

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
              Oh no I do, just seemed a little more out there than normal
              I think I might just be the only one not finding the convo's that bizarre?
              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

bizzare is the best part

Today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

*dances through*

Absolutely LOVING the Olympics! All so very exciting and emotional

I think I've become kind of institutionalised to this thread though. Nothing here seems bizarre any more
                  sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

Good!

I was thinking ''nice'', but I guess it depends on how clean your mind is...

Yes. You need to.
                    I do feel I've been neglecting him a little lately - woodn't want him to worry

They absolutely should. *nods*

And it depends on where one does the swimming.

I think I might just be the only one not finding the convo's that bizarre?
                    I'm not finding them bizarre either - just didn't want to be the first to say so

Does that mean I've become institutionalised, or that I need to be?
                    Last edited by Jumble; 04 August 2012, 12:52 PM.

Comment

I have no special ond with the Olympics, but I'm sort of enjoying them in a weird way.

I do feel I've been neglecting him a little lately - woodn't want him to worry

I'm not finding them bizarre either - just didn't want to be the first to say so
                      Nah, I think the Martinspirit is always there.

And good.

OK, so... WooHoodStock. Is that 24, 25, 26 *and* 27th? Four days?
                      I confused myself. Again.
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

I have no special bond with the Olympics, but I'm sort of enjoying them in a weird way.
                        I know what you mean - I'm not watching it and not interested in it for itself, but I'm enjoying watching Josi, Sarai and Wendy bouncing and squeeing over it

Nah, I think the Martinspirit is always there.
                        Yes, but sometimes it gets lost amidst the chat and I feel the need to emphasise it a bit

Not that I am in any complaining about the chat - I love that we can do that here

OK, so... WooHoodStock. Is that 24, 25, 26 *and* 27th? Four days?
                        I confused myself. Again.
                        Yup, that's right - gives everyone a chance to pop in on the days that they're not busy

Oh, and .....

Last edited by Jumble; 04 August 2012, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Laurie, this is your last chance to dump all the stuff you don't need, otherwise it'll be with you forever I still have boxes in my loft that haven't been unpacked since I moved here......... nearly 23 years ago!
                          = have you checked - maybe they are "antiques" now!

I have a box and a big plastic bag next to me as I pack - box comes - bag is dumped. But so far mostly i'm packing books (never throw them out),computer stuff (never throw that away), pictures and souvenirs from walls, ceramics I've collected, bookcase items - keeping everything there. However - next thing is the bathroom - plenty of tossable things there! Each time I've moved - I've tossed stuff...and haven't regretted it yet. But I admit, I am a "little bit" of a horder.

But slowly - it is getting there. Much easier to throw out things here...when I move, I will be limited to the trash cans I have! So best to toss now - you are right. If I have enough time, I'll also empty some of the boxes and bring them back here to toss as well!
                          sigpic

Comment

Am I the worst Woohoo or what? I post once every two weeks right now. Oh well, only one more crazy week of work to go (the craziest of the summer -- 66 hours). Then I should get a few days off before going back to school -- if we go back. Thanks to the strike, nothing is certain.

Some of you might have seen on Livejournal, but saying it here as well: I've booked my trip to London! I'll leave Montreal on Sunday and arrive in London on Monday before AT6, and I'll leave one week later on the Monday after the con. A full week in England it is! I can't wait!

Now catching up on some old and not-quite-so-old discussions you guys had. I didn't quote everything though because it would have an enormous post. It's already big enough as it is.

On children behavior/child-raising (or that conversation you had a while back...) -- I don't have first hand experience on raising children, but I do see the results of it each day at my jobs. I had a boy (12-13 years old I think?) asking me if I'm done with my plate at lunch and saving me from having to clean up. Next day, I have a hard time getting my group to stay silent for two minutes for me to explain the next activity. Working with children and teenagers, you immediately who taught their children good manners and how to behave in public.

On the Olympics -- I LOVE the Olympics! I don't know why, I just LOVE it. I love cheering for the Canadian Team, and I was just so proud of us today. And that first gold medal? It was awesome.

It does make for a nice 'point out the countries where the WooHoos/Shippers/Various other people live' game. *nods*
                            I was doing that to! Though, not during the Opening Ceremony, because I missed that but during various competitions I watched, I liked seeing countries where I new someone.

Originally posted by tinnec View Post
                            At our hotel in Italy...I think we stayed in, like, the ghetto--as in sketchy--area because, well, it was just creepy and we didn't feel safe so we traveled in groups (that is, when we got free time).
                            When I went to Florence with school when I was younger, we were staying in a creppy neighbourhood, and some friends and I were followed and got lost and ugh. Not the greatest moment of my trip.

How about starting on the 24th August, and rolling until the 27th? That's a long week-end for us UKers
                            Bleh. It's the weekend of FanExpo. I won't be home.

Because yes, I just purchased my tickets today! I can't wait go! Amanda will be there, as well as Gillian Anderson, William B. Davis, Joe Flanigan, Kate Mulgrew, Levar Burton, and other cool peeps. Ahhhhhh! *fangirling*

But to go back to Woohoodstock... I'm coming back on the 27th. So maybe if everything is ready, I can post a few things late on the 27th. If not well, I'll come back and just enjoy everything!

I have decided that I'll watch SGU again some time. Maybe if I look at it with fresh eyes, I'll appreciate it more. I did like the actors. Some very good ones, ut I couldn't care about the characters. I have no idea why not.
                            It looked great.
                            Ditto that.
                            I'm currently catching up on TBBT, but I think SGU is next on my list. I had watched on first 10 episodes of S1 and though it was okay. I should give it a better chance.

Jumble, I'm glad to hear you don't have a frozen shoulder. Still sending healing vibes your way though.

Also, *huggles all Woohoo families who are ill* I'll be thinking about you. Any news on your grandma Wendy? How about your sister Tinnec?

Laurie, congrats on the house-hunting! Good luck on packing everything now!

Phew! What a long post. One more infernal week though. Then life should came down. Hopefully.
                            sigpic
                            Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                            My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                            Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

*Wanderz through*

Joe rocks.

Um...*blinks* That is all

*Wanderz out*
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                                = have you checked - maybe they are "antiques" now!
                                I doubt it, it's mostly books. I think .....

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post

Bleh. It's the weekend of FanExpo. I won't be home.

Because yes, I just purchased my tickets today! I can't wait go! Amanda will be there, as well as Gillian Anderson, William B. Davis, Joe Flanigan, Kate Mulgrew, Levar Burton, and other cool peeps. Ahhhhhh! *fangirling*

But to go back to Woohoodstock... I'm coming back on the 27th. So maybe if everything is ready, I can post a few things late on the 27th. If not well, I'll come back and just enjoy everything!
                                Good to see you back *huggles*

I guess having a previous engagement with Amanda is a pretty good excuse Don't worry, you can post WooHoodStock stuff any time on here

Jumble, I'm glad to hear you don't have a frozen shoulder. Still sending healing vibes your way though.
                                Thanks Feeling soooooo much better now I'm getting the right treatment

Comment

Working...
                                X